Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: A question to ask regarding travelling.

  1. #1

    Default A question to ask regarding travelling.

    Hey all, regarding the airport ban on liquids (water aerosol etc), I was thinking of bringing my cleaning kit which includes my alcohol solution along for my trip. Since its in a small quantity, isit acceptable to bring it onto the plane?
    |EOS40D|17-55 2.8|50 1.4 Sigma|190 XPROB|
    flickr

  2. #2

    Default Re: A question to ask regarding travelling.

    Quote Originally Posted by corneliustoh View Post
    Hey all, regarding the airport ban on liquids (water aerosol etc), I was thinking of bringing my cleaning kit which includes my alcohol solution along for my trip. Since its in a small quantity, isit acceptable to bring it onto the plane?
    which part of the prohibited items list do you not understand...?

    http://www.airsafe.com/danger.htm

    Flammable Items: Gasoline, gas torches, lighter fluid, cooking fuel, other types of flammable liquid fuel, flammable paints, paint thinner, turpentine, aerosols (exceptions for personal care items, toiletries, or medically related items).

  3. #3
    Member kwttan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Concrete jungle
    Posts
    845

    Default Re: A question to ask regarding travelling.

    Quote Originally Posted by corneliustoh View Post
    Hey all, regarding the airport ban on liquids (water aerosol etc), I was thinking of bringing my cleaning kit which includes my alcohol solution along for my trip. Since its in a small quantity, isit acceptable to bring it onto the plane?

    Keep all liquid and cream that you plan to bring below 100ml per item.
    Suggest you check the ml reading on the bottle/can.
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

  4. #4

    Default Re: A question to ask regarding travelling.

    Hi, I would strongly suggest you NOT try to bring 100ml of cleaning solution on board. Since it is flammable, most airports do not allow you to bring it along. Depending on where you're going, you may be subjected to further stringent checks once they find the solution on you.

    Instead, why don't you check it in along with your baggage?
    5DMkII, 16-35mm f2.8L II, 24-70mm f2.8L, 50mm f1.2L, 85mm f1.2L, 70-200mm f2.8L IS II

  5. #5

    Default Re: A question to ask regarding travelling.

    im bringing just a small bottle of it not more than 50ml i guess..
    |EOS40D|17-55 2.8|50 1.4 Sigma|190 XPROB|
    flickr

  6. #6

    Default Re: A question to ask regarding travelling.

    perhaps getting a lenspen would be better?
    |EOS40D|17-55 2.8|50 1.4 Sigma|190 XPROB|
    flickr

  7. #7

    Default Re: A question to ask regarding travelling.

    Quote Originally Posted by corneliustoh View Post
    im bringing just a small bottle of it not more than 50ml i guess..
    That's for non-flammable liquid, for flammable ones i don't think they will let you bring it on.

    Quote Originally Posted by corneliustoh View Post
    perhaps getting a lenspen would be better?
    It would certainly pass the check and its more convenient for use.

  8. #8
    Moderator diver-hloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Somewhere North
    Posts
    5,201

    Default Re: A question to ask regarding travelling.

    If you really die die need to have a bottle of Lens Cleaning Alcohol with you.... just buy at the other side. Use... then throw before returning. But of all my travelling... I find that a Blower + Lenspen is more than enough for my needs.

    Scuba & Father... For Life

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    end of there
    Posts
    230

    Default Re: A question to ask regarding travelling.

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    I find that a Blower + Lenspen is more than enough for my needs.
    Agreed! all you need is blower and Lenspen, no need to bring any liquid cleaner..


    cheers!
    Canon 30D 100-400mm L IS|Tamron 17-35mm/f2.8-4,28-75mm/f2.8|Cosina Voigtlander Bessa-R 35mm/f2.5C

  10. #10

    Default Re: A question to ask regarding travelling.

    Quote Originally Posted by diver-hloc View Post
    If you really die die need to have a bottle of Lens Cleaning Alcohol with you.... just buy at the other side. Use... then throw before returning. But of all my travelling... I find that a Blower + Lenspen is more than enough for my needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally View Post
    Agreed! all you need is blower and Lenspen, no need to bring any liquid cleaner..


    cheers!
    Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    That's for non-flammable liquid, for flammable ones i don't think they will let you bring it on.



    It would certainly pass the check and its more convenient for use.

    I see thanks alot!
    |EOS40D|17-55 2.8|50 1.4 Sigma|190 XPROB|
    flickr

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •