Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: principle of the third rule

  1. #21

    Default Re: principle of the third rule

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    the rule of third is recommend you to place the interest of your subject at the intersection points, not asking you to set your focusing point at intersection points.

    btw focus and recompose will not always work, that is why modern cameras has so many focusing points.
    hmmm catchlights what do you mean by focus and recompose do not always work? like when using a tripod?
    Canon EOS 550D|BG-E8|Tamron 17-50 f2.8|18-55mm IS|55-250mm IS|
    Flickr

  2. #22

    Default Re: principle of the third rule

    Quote Originally Posted by deathrequiem View Post
    hmmm catchlights what do you mean by focus and recompose do not always work? like when using a tripod?
    No, when your depth of field is too shallow and you don't know how to move your camera in parallel to the desired focal plane.
    Alpha

  3. #23

    Default Re: principle of the third rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    No, when your depth of field is too shallow and you don't know how to move your camera in parallel to the desired focal plane.
    thanks for the reply bro. can enlighten me further on this? i usually use the centre af point to focus then recompose. maybe i havent encounter extreme shallow dof yet lol
    so what do you mean by this? is it like when you are focusing on a subject which extends diagonally away from your dof?
    Canon EOS 550D|BG-E8|Tamron 17-50 f2.8|18-55mm IS|55-250mm IS|
    Flickr

  4. #24

    Default Re: principle of the third rule

    Quote Originally Posted by deathrequiem View Post
    thanks for the reply bro. can enlighten me further on this? i usually use the centre af point to focus then recompose. maybe i havent encounter extreme shallow dof yet lol
    so what do you mean by this? is it like when you are focusing on a subject which extends diagonally away from your dof?
    not necessarily diagonal. More like, the plane of focus is like a flat plane perpendicular to you. If you focus, then rotate, you are shifting the plane. You need to move in parallel to keep the focal plane where you want it.
    Alpha

  5. #25

    Default Re: principle of the third rule

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    not necessarily diagonal. More like, the plane of focus is like a flat plane perpendicular to you. If you focus, then rotate, you are shifting the plane. You need to move in parallel to keep the focal plane where you want it.
    thanks bro i understand liao. will keep that in mind next time if i shoot shallow dof
    Canon EOS 550D|BG-E8|Tamron 17-50 f2.8|18-55mm IS|55-250mm IS|
    Flickr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •