Thread: Newbie photo shoot ~ :/

Default Newbie photo shoot ~ :/

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
    Any comments are welcome!

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
    To take nice picture for people to view and comment on it. Need to keep on improving.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    The beautiful sunset which caught my eye. Just wanting to capture this moment.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
    Makes me wanting to see sunset again. Trying ways to perfect the shoot again.
    Last edited by knoxknocks; 21st November 2010 at 04:00 PM.

Talking Re: Newbie photo shoot ~ :/

Nice attempt at capturing the sunset. I'm a newbie too so every attempt is a step towards improvement.

Just my thoughts:
    - too many distractions, esp the buildings at the back and the oddly placed tree branches, perhaps a different composition would solve this
    - the foreground is pretty underexposed, likely cos of back-lighting by the sun but you could adjust this during PP or use a filter and exposure compensate in your cam (i'm learning this too, so don'y take my word for it)
    - could have been better if you had captured the sunset a few mins earlier when more of the sun was visible

If you can go back there, do try another perspective or angle. I'm sure you'll get better at each attempt! Best of luck... Cheers!

Default Re: Newbie photo shoot ~ :/

an okay photo.
    For such back lit shoot, I guess that you have tried hard to get a balance exposure from the building and the sky. Usually what I would do is bracket the shot for HDR or blending.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Default Re: Newbie photo shoot ~ :/

the picture seems to be tilted abit..