Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2439444748495051 LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 1009

Thread: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

  1. #961
    Member/Tangshooter zh3ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    702

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    hmm mac can do restore on new mac
    windows dunno can or not
    have to try loh
    i know have to try, but how?

  2. #962
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    PC question!

    If I bought a new HDD, i want to install OS on this new HDD. Is there a way to restore my installed programs from my OS in the old HDD into the new OS?

    I lazy to reinstall everything 1 by 1 again.
    BO BIAN

    if you use Norton Ghost, you can clone your existing program onto a new HDD, but if you want to change O/S...... no choice, have to re-install everything, because the new O/S will go search the DLL and settings from a different location compare to your old O/S from your old HDD.

    re-install all..... guai guai...

  3. #963
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    i know have to try, but how?
    the location ish here
    1. Launch Windows Explorer and go to Tools->Folder Options and click the View tab.
    2. Select the Show Hidden Files And Folders option button, clear the Hide Protected Operating System Files check box, and click the Yes button in the Warning dialog box. (If the system is in a workgroup, you'll need to clear the Use Simple File Sharing check box as well.) Click OK to close the Folder Options dialog box.
    3. Access the root directory of the hard disk, right click on the System Volume Information folder, select Properties and access the Security tab.
    4. Click the Add button, enter your user account name in the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box and click OK twice.

    but i tink unlikely to work

  4. #964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng
    PC question!

    If I bought a new HDD, i want to install OS on this new HDD. Is there a way to restore my installed programs from my OS in the old HDD into the new OS?

    I lazy to reinstall everything 1 by 1 again.
    i think u can do a mirror on ur old HDD then use thr mirror image to ur new HDD

  5. #965

    Default

    CSC charge me $60 for CMOS and VF cleaning lol
    anyone want Canon table calendar? I think it is free at CSC

  6. #966
    Member/Tangshooter zh3ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    702

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    BO BIAN

    if you use Norton Ghost, you can clone your existing program onto a new HDD, but if you want to change O/S...... no choice, have to re-install everything, because the new O/S will go search the DLL and settings from a different location compare to your old O/S from your old HDD.

    re-install all..... guai guai...
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    the location ish here
    1. Launch Windows Explorer and go to Tools->Folder Options and click the View tab.
    2. Select the Show Hidden Files And Folders option button, clear the Hide Protected Operating System Files check box, and click the Yes button in the Warning dialog box. (If the system is in a workgroup, you'll need to clear the Use Simple File Sharing check box as well.) Click OK to close the Folder Options dialog box.
    3. Access the root directory of the hard disk, right click on the System Volume Information folder, select Properties and access the Security tab.
    4. Click the Add button, enter your user account name in the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box and click OK twice.

    but i tink unlikely to work
    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    i think u can do a mirror on ur old HDD then use thr mirror image to ur new HDD

    I will be using back the same OS, just different HDD. how to do mirror?

  7. #967
    Member/Tangshooter zh3ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    702

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    CSC charge me $60 for CMOS and VF cleaning lol
    anyone want Canon table calendar? I think it is free at CSC
    I can do CMOS cleaning for u in my lab. can use Ammonia Hydroxide + Hydrogen Peroxide + De-ionised water heated to 50degreesC followed by concentrated Sulphuric acid + Hydrogen Peroxide at 95degreesC.

    Very clean! but mine is raw CMOS. havent mount onto PCB yet.

  8. #968
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    I can do CMOS cleaning for u in my lab. can use Ammonia Hydroxide + Hydrogen Peroxide + De-ionised water heated to 50degreesC followed by concentrated Sulphuric acid + Hydrogen Peroxide at 95degreesC.

    Very clean! but mine is raw CMOS. havent mount onto PCB yet.
    can you customize a 60mm x 45mm CMOS sensor for my AFD2
    I can give you AngBao big big for this coming CNY

  9. #969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng

    I will be using back the same OS, just different HDD. how to do mirror?
    there is a software to do it. it is something like norton ghost.

  10. #970

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    SAFRA Photographer of the Year 2010
    ( judging )

    Open judging of entries will be held at 9.30a.m, 16th January 2011 at the SAFRA Photographic Club. Participants and public are welcomed to observe the judging process.


    more detail are available here.
    http://www.in2it.sg/InterestGroup/in...year-20102011-

    I will be there.
    join me if you will
    go sunrise first then go judging?

  11. #971

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    the location ish here
    1. Launch Windows Explorer and go to Tools->Folder Options and click the View tab.
    2. Select the Show Hidden Files And Folders option button, clear the Hide Protected Operating System Files check box, and click the Yes button in the Warning dialog box. (If the system is in a workgroup, you'll need to clear the Use Simple File Sharing check box as well.) Click OK to close the Folder Options dialog box.
    3. Access the root directory of the hard disk, right click on the System Volume Information folder, select Properties and access the Security tab.
    4. Click the Add button, enter your user account name in the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box and click OK twice.

    but i tink unlikely to work
    sho mafan still don't work!

    Mac just use time machine plug n play can riaos!

  12. #972

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    I will be using back the same OS, just different HDD. how to do mirror?
    maybe you can backup all data to ext HDD (some brands like Maxtor or WD comes with backup software but not sure if can also backup all software or just data files nia). change internal HDD. install OS onto new int HDD. then restore data from HDD.


  13. #973
    Member/Tangshooter Redsun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7,932

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    maebee can try some tools from here create image of ur old hdd
    http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd

  14. #974
    Member/Tangshooter zh3ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    702

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    can you customize a 60mm x 45mm CMOS sensor for my AFD2
    I can give you AngBao big big for this coming CNY
    lol if i can do that, 1 wafer can do i think 4-5 sensors.

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    there is a software to do it. it is something like norton ghost.
    oh i think that one is backup files only. thanks buttie.

    Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    maybe you can backup all data to ext HDD (some brands like Maxtor or WD comes with backup software but not sure if can also backup all software or just data files nia). change internal HDD. install OS onto new int HDD. then restore data from HDD.

    i thinking of this too. i wonder if windows restore does the same or just data files nia. lol i try tonite. thanks buttie.

  15. #975
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    2,946

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by zh3ng View Post
    oh i think that one is backup files only. thanks buttie.
    Bro,

    if you are trying to move your existing data onto another new HDD ( same O/S ), then Norton Ghost can do it. Norton ghost is not only a backing up application.

  16. #976
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Pasir Ris / Tampines
    Posts
    4,477

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Norton Ghost by far has been used extensively to backup OSes using ghost images. What it does is it actually snapshot your system and create a GHO file which u can use to clone multiple PCs.

    What you can do is as follows:
    1. Create an image using Norton Ghost for ur current OS.
    2. Make Norton Ghost portable on a thumbdrive or a CD.
    3. Boot the system with the new HDD (empty OS) to boot Norton Ghost via USB or CD.
    4. Restore the GHO image u created to the new HDD.
    5. Let the process run complete and reboot upon prompt.
    6. U have ur OS on the new HDD.

    There are other commercially available software like Acronis TrueImage Restore which is quite popular nowadays for image restoration, backup and cloning. If you are running VMs, then u can also use VMware.
    Last edited by kuantoh; 12th January 2011 at 03:26 PM.

  17. #977

    Default

    yup. mirror image and norton ghost is same thing. the concept is very straightforward.

    mirror a computer after installation of softwares/drivers/updates, install the mirror image to all computers that have same OS and hardware.

    i think u can use it for ur case.

  18. #978

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Many IT sexbirds here
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

  19. #979
    Member/Tangshooter zh3ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    702

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Sounds challenging to me. lol tonight i shall try !

  20. #980
    Member/Tangshooter
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    ClubSNAP Community
    Posts
    3,118

    Default Re: Tang Shooters C - TCSS Thread...

    Quote Originally Posted by juste_millieu View Post
    there is a software to do it. it is something like norton ghost.
    Use HD Clone 3.8 to clone old disk to new disk; don't need to be same size one
    Use EASEUS Partition Master 5.1 Home Edition to do repartition not affecting ur data
    In some cases, u may need to set new HDD to active partition and fix ur Master Boot Record for it to boot up
    For best result is to do a defragmentation before start using ur new hdd..

    Above software are all freeware.
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •