Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234581328 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XI

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread XI

Frankly peeps, I have no doubt about 80-200mm's ability to take nice and sharp pictures. I have been looking over all those versions (1st, 2nd, 3rd:AF-S) for the past few months - read reviews, etc, etc. Way before I announced my decision to go for the current lens. I've even contemplated on Sigma's 70-200mm... Reviews read and re-read... One of the main reason why I went towards 70-200mm VRII is because of its ability to accept TC20E III (doubling the zoom for other day-time photography activities with the TC) while still able to take sharp pictures by itself at 200mm... It is the synergy of this two items that pushed me to end up with both... And why I didn't go for the 80-200 instead, simply because its reach can't be extended to the maximum available length (400mm).

Some of you may think that it is a waste to get the TC III... I concur with your views. But in light of not wanting to keep TOO many lenses and all those boxes that you need to find storage for, I simply went for the compromised... No doubt, for that amount of $$$ some of you would rather go for the D700 or its replacement... with left over for other cheaper but good zooms.

Yes, I've admit I wasn't too patient for a good priced second hand set to fall, but I felt that the time draws near that I can't put off that decision any more... as I still need practising before the big day (which is today and many more days to come).

My needs are simple (though quite ex), go for the widest and more versatile UWA zoom... one lens for work, and the longest and most versatile zoom (within MY budget), plus maybe a f/1.4 prime or two... and that's it... So far i've not regretted any of the decisions. My dry cabinet remains manageable, and I'm almost reaching my "dream team"...

If my purchases have made many of you uneasy, I shall refrain from any open discussion of lens purchases on my part. That should make the water surface more calm... okay?

Now back to more BSing...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Frankly peeps, I have no doubt about 80-200mm's ability to take nice and sharp pictures. I have been looking over all those versions (1st, 2nd, 3rd:AF-S) for the past few months - read reviews, etc, etc. Way before I announced my decision to go for the current lens. I've even contemplated on Sigma's 70-200mm... Reviews read and re-read... One of the main reason why I went towards 70-200mm VRII is because of its ability to accept TC20E III (doubling the zoom for other day-time photography activities with the TC) while still able to take sharp pictures by itself at 200mm... It is the synergy of this two items that pushed me to end up with both... And why I didn't go for the 80-200 instead, simply because its reach can't be extended to the maximum available length (400mm).

Some of you may think that it is a waste to get the TC III... I concur with your views. But in light of not wanting to keep TOO many lenses and all those boxes that you need to find storage for, I simply went for the compromised... No doubt, for that amount of $$$ some of you would rather go for the D700 or its replacement... with left over for other cheaper but good zooms.

Yes, I've admit I wasn't too patient for a good priced second hand set to fall, but I felt that the time draws near that I can't put off that decision any more... as I still need practising before the big day (which is today and many more days to come).

My needs are simple (though quite ex), go for the widest and more versatile UWA zoom... one lens for work, and the longest and most versatile zoom (within MY budget), plus maybe a f/1.4 prime or two... and that's it... So far i've not regretted any of the decisions. My dry cabinet remains manageable, and I'm almost reaching my "dream team"...

If my purchases have made many of you uneasy, I shall refrain from any open discussion of lens purchases on my part. That should make the water surface more calm... okay?

dude... we all understand why you went for your lens bro. why the big reaction?

I posted samples because akerue asked me to, because he is considering one as well. and so is quicksilver...

bro, don't be too sensitive. relac la bro.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 20th November 2010 at 12:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    dude... we all understand why you went for your lens bro. why the big reaction?
    Cause I'm getting a lot "funny" vibes...

Blog Entries

Cause I'm getting a lot "funny" vibes...
    aiyoh,...

akerue is thinking of getting a 80-200 as well.. and so is quicksilver mah...

dun be so sensitive la.

Dun be a mimosa!
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Thank you...

alamak, emo man dude... no worries bro, everyone has a right to what they seem fit to ... like i say whats works for u may not for me and vice versa... chill dude, we still love u and ya coffee mug...

for a moment i thought u were doing a review... hahahah
    Last edited by akerue; 20th November 2010 at 12:42 AM.
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

aiyoh,...

akerue is thinking of getting a 80-200 as well.. and so is quicksilver mah...

dun be so sensitive la.
    yesh im think of one, bcoz i kind of miss that zoom range... u cant expect me to lug arnd the 300 for my walkabout rite.. unless i wanna end up in one of the candid subforum subject...

heck, im even thinking of another body too
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    yesh im think of one, bcoz i kind of miss that zoom range... u cant expect me to lug arnd the 300 for my walkabout rite.. unless i wanna end up in one of the candid subforum subject...

heck, im even thinking of another body too
    You disappoint me bro... here I am thinking you should be able to handle the 200-400 already... (And you DID convinced me you could!)

Just KIDDING LAH!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 20th November 2010 at 12:52 AM.

alamak, emo man dude... no worries bro, everyone has a right to what they seem fit to ... like i say whats works for u may not for me and vice versa... chill dude, we still love u and ya coffee mug...

for a moment i thought u were doing a review... hahahah
    Yeah, yeah, me emo... but I rather voice it out than keeping a misguided feeling inside me for a very long time right?

You disappoint me bro... here I am thinking you should be able to handle the 200-400 already... (And you DID convinced me you could!)
    hahaahha.... sadly, that particular lens is always on my mind, but i still cldnt justify myself to get, unless i get a gd contract or im seriously going birding with my dad and his kakis...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

hahaahha.... sadly, that particular lens is always on my mind, but i still cldnt justify myself to get, unless i get a gd contract or im seriously going birding with my dad and his kakis...
    Bro... what happened to the Sigma 150-500?? Isn't that a better birding deal?

Boring sia stay at home. I just stepped out of my home for the first time in 2 days since the extraction. Just to throw rubbish.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Boring sia stay at home. I just stepped out of my home for the first time in 2 days since the extraction. Just to throw rubbish.
    so during your rubbish dump run, did you feel free?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobs View Post
    I suggest try to control your "voltage", or not you will get in unnecessary situation..
    better not to.. later ur name n face goes into stomp.. =X

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    wah.. so kelian.. MC so long?
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

Bro... what happened to the Sigma 150-500?? Isn't that a better birding deal?
    ah its better if i aint doing the job im doing now, the 200-400 serve nothin more than just another impressive huge item to impress client.... hahahah and also silently im competing against a buddy of mine, who will take the plunge and get that lens...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

hahaha...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

ah its better if i aint doing the job im doing now, the 200-400 serve nothin more than just another impressive huge item to impress client.... hahahah and also silently im competing against a buddy of mine, who will take the plunge and get that lens...
    Competition... Stress.... Luckily I'm not trying to compete with you...

Must be me too tired today... that's why emo running wild...

Anyways... D7000 getting a lot of bad press or what? Hot pixels??

I felt like a bird with a moment of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by skylover View Post
    better not to.. later ur name n face goes into stomp.. =X

wah.. so kelian.. MC so long?
    Today only 2nd day of MC. But very restless already

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1234581328 ... LastLast