Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An unfortunate incident @ Ebay

Default Re: An unfortunate incident @ Ebay

whoa... on the inside of the rear element? that's.. difficult to explain... hmm. but there's been no tampering with the lens right? any signs that it's been taken apart?
    Last edited by kei1309; 1st December 2010 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenphoenix View Post
    update

Fortunately for both of us. The lens arrived mysteriously. Post office gal is clueless on why the parcel is late. After all, she only serves at the counter. Only complain that I have is that there are some dust in the lens and some faint smudge at the rear element which I can't remove. I guess the dust will accumulate more in future, as the construction of the 150mm f2.8 seems to have a movable rear element that could introduce dust. I can see the electronic parts from the gap bet the glass and contacts.

A Few of my items "came" in "late" becuase the Singapore Post did have the parcel in their office but never put a paper in my mail box. One of my Parels, I was waiting for my lens to come in which that day was the 15th nov. When I ask the person for the tracking code the fellowing day as I was still thinking why the thing took so long, I found out that the parcels was in singapore sinces the 2th nov.

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    whoa... on the inside of the rear element? that's.. difficult to explain... hmm. but there's been no tampering with the lens right? any signs that it's been taken apart?
    No tampering...everything looks solid. mint, no scratches or detectable noob unscrewing.
    Just checked the humidity in perth....highest is 51%...so my guess is that fungi growth is minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Angelus View Post
    A Few of my items "came" in "late" becuase the Singapore Post did have the parcel in their office but never put a paper in my mail box. One of my Parels, I was waiting for my lens to come in which that day was the 15th nov. When I ask the person for the tracking code the fellowing day as I was still thinking why the thing took so long, I found out that the parcels was in singapore sinces the 2th nov.
    My post was supposed to be in overnight and my signature was required =(
    World without tracking code.....hurts my head.

I am not 100% certain, but I remember that on my sigma 150mm, the very last element is sealed to the barrel one, as in it does not move with focusing. Lens in the 150mm is normal, even bnib in local shops will have dust. Out of the 3 copies I tried at a shop, 1 had some fungus, the other had an insane amount of dust and the last one which I bought, also had quite some dust for a new lens.

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieInCS View Post
    I am not 100% certain, but I remember that on my sigma 150mm, the very last element is sealed to the barrel one, as in it does not move with focusing. Lens in the 150mm is normal, even bnib in local shops will have dust. Out of the 3 copies I tried at a shop, 1 had some fungus, the other had an insane amount of dust and the last one which I bought, also had quite some dust for a new lens.
    re u able to glimpse the circuit board from the rear? thanks in advance...

Bro why not save yourself the hassle and send it back to seller and dispute "items are not same as describe in advertisement".
    Save a bit more and get a new one, 1 year warranty and 1st hand.
    5D3|35L|50f1.8II|580EXII

Yes looking at the condition I also advise to send back and then use the money add another $300 which you had mention and get a new one...

Quote Originally Posted by Fallenphoenix View Post
    re u able to glimpse the circuit board from the rear? thanks in advance...
    Ok, I just checked mine. It is NOT sealed to the barrel. Sorry for the confusion.

BTW I meant to say "Dust in the 150mm is normal, even bnib in local shops will have quite some dust."

Bro why not save yourself the hassle and send it back to seller and dispute "items are not same as describe in advertisement".
    New one from local sigma distro is at least 1.1k with the standard 2.5yr warranty...imho, not worth the premium over grey set from hk.

Quote Originally Posted by commonjunks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NiteWind View Post
    Yes looking at the condition I also advise to send back and then use the money add another $300 which you had mention and get a new one...
    300 more is too much for me. the only fault i could find which is the faint thin smudge that i can't remove. image is not affect by it thus far

Quote Originally Posted by NewbieInCS View Post
    Ok, I just checked mine. It is NOT sealed to the barrel. Sorry for the confusion.

BTW I meant to say "Dust in the 150mm is normal, even bnib in local shops will have quite some dust."

New one from local sigma distro is at least 1.1k with the standard 2.5yr warranty...imho, not worth the premium over grey set from hk.
    thanks. I have also checked with a lens tech. looks like the dust is inevitable for this lens.

Here are the test shots from this lens

@f2.8, 1:1, was testing for af accuracy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12