Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: D7000 Accessories not available yet!?!?!?!

Default Re: D7000 Accessories not available yet!?!?!?!

Just an update guys. Yesterday, I bought MB-D11 @ TK Foto Funan for $265 only. Seems a bit expensive so I haggle a little bit. Sadly, cannot haggle lower. It looks like the best price at the moment. So hurry, go BBB while supplies last!

Now, my setup is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by zidane47us View Post
    Just an update guys. Yesterday, I bought MB-D11 @ TK Foto Funan for $265 only. Seems a bit expensive so I haggle a little bit. Sadly, cannot haggle lower. It looks like the best price at the moment. So hurry, go BBB while supplies last!

Now, my setup is complete.
    Great deal!
    Thanks 4 sharing...
    Nikon D7000 || AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR

K read about it...

Before you buy, you really need to think it through...

Do you wish to spend $300+ on a battery grip which...
    1) Allows another EN EL15 battery to be inserted, or 4 x AA battery? [Battery not included, including EN EL15 battery]
    2) By installing so, you'll only improve the power-up time for your camera? Also taken into consideration that there are no improvement to any other functionality of your camera, no, no increase in FPS for continuous shooting unlike D300 and D700.
    3) Gives you control over shutter, knobs and selection button even at vertical position. Perhaps making you feel good in grip too
    4) Makes your camera look bigger and perhaps cooler compared to your counter parts?

$300+ is no small sum, you better think it over at least thrice...
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by HELLOSTEVEN View Post
    S$300 purchase from where?
    Hi frd! Me got it @ Gope's foto & film. Think our another c.s member got muchie more cheaper yeahhh..its $265! Actuali its up to individuals whether or not to get the grip...Me dun mind spending ma $$$$$ on ma toy/lens/accessories...
    Kate Isya

i will wait a bit longer for the price to drop first . . .

really expensive for a battery grip in my opinion . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post

Yup! Yup! Better wait a lil while...
    Kate Isya

Quote Originally Posted by PaulKami View Post
    2) By installing so, you'll only improve the power-up time for your camera? Also taken into consideration that there are no improvement to any other functionality of your camera, no, no increase in FPS for continuous shooting unlike D300 and D700.
    Power up time got improvement with the battery grip meh? Not sure about that man....

Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post

What is the grip price for d300s?

Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    Power up time got improvement with the battery grip meh? Not sure about that man....
    Dunno how to describe, paiseh if it sounded misleading. I'm not talking about the time it took to power up totally lol...

What I mean is that, if you put 1 EN EL15 in your camera (by default) and assume you can take 400 shots, by placing that battery grip with another EN EL15, you'll be able to take 800 shots since the setting is set to consume 1 battery first before another. [Alternative solutions is replace that battery by yourself after flat.

As for placing 4 x AA battery, I'm not sure how much improvement it goes.

Maybe that's my definition of 'improvement of power up time' bah
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Blog Entries

the grip is handy for those shooting long lenses. the stability is a must for me, IMO. if you have great hand-holding techniques and/or dun shoot long lenses, then dun buy the grip lor...

anyway, i just got a facebook update that TK is having limited stocks for the grip. so grab it while you can, if you need it. tomorrow, they are not opened as they are doing stock-taking.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

K read about it...

1) Allows another EN EL15 battery to be inserted, or 4 x AA battery? [Battery not included, including EN EL15 battery]
    3) Gives you control over shutter, knobs and selection button even at vertical position. Perhaps making you feel good in grip too
    4) Makes your camera look bigger and perhaps cooler compared to your counter parts?

Well said. same thinking, make not much sense for a causal photographer.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    the grip is handy for those shooting long lenses. the stability is a must for me, IMO. if you have great hand-holding techniques and/or dun shoot long lenses, then dun buy the grip lor...

anyway, i just got a facebook update that TK is having limited stocks for the grip. so grab it while you can, if you need it. tomorrow, they are not opened as they are doing stock-taking.
    Yea, I agree. Especially when you've that shiny 70-200 2.8

Sadly, I ran out of budget for this month. If it's $300+, it's way out of the budget I set for it.

Unless they've stock after 1st Dec, and if it's at that price (earlier posts), maybe I'll consider...
    Last edited by PaulKami; 28th November 2010 at 04:27 PM.
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

What I mean is that, if you put 1 EN EL15 in your camera (by default) and assume you can take 400 shots, by placing that battery grip with another EN EL15, you'll be able to take 800 shots since the setting is set to consume 1 battery first before another. [Alternative solutions is replace that battery by yourself after flat.

Maybe that's my definition of 'improvement of power up time' bah
    Yes, if you are saying it that way. The grip would be better for those who bursts a lot of shots esp in a very short period of time. Either that or video, which consumes a lot of battery power. More convenient lah and not be bogged down mentally "when to change battery, when to change battery, how's the power status".

Walked pass Cathay @ MS today, quoted $330 for the grip... ask for discount, answer was "NO...", so didn't buy, too expensive...

K read about it...

i thought it may come in handy when we take vertical shots.
    for some reason, i find it troublesome when try to change the focusing method when taking vertical shots.
    but i do agree it's a bit ex...
    Nikon D7000 || AF-S NIKKOR 24-120mm f/4G ED VR

Quote Originally Posted by 2100 View Post
    Yes, if you are saying it that way. The grip would be better for those who bursts a lot of shots esp in a very short period of time. Either that or video, which consumes a lot of battery power. More convenient lah and not be bogged down mentally "when to change battery, when to change battery, how's the power status".
    Hey I agree with you There are times when I went trigger happy and then suddenly, the battery dead. (referring back then while using a compact) After changing the battery, the subject's gone. As for video, I'm not very sure. Is there a place where we can mount our camera on a tripid @ battery grip?

Quote Originally Posted by ericmar View Post
    i thought it may come in handy when we take vertical shots.
    for some reason, i find it troublesome when try to change the focusing method when taking vertical shots.
    but i do agree it's a bit ex...
    It does comes in handy if you're taking plenty of vertical shots, such as studio portraits etc, especially if you find yourself uncomfortable tilting your camera in a vertical position all the time. Another reason is you're using big lens such as 70-200, 200 and above.

Btw $330 is too ex really -_-;;
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Finally bought my battery grip ($265) and extra battery ($60).... tried to e-warranty but there is no MB-D11!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 116520 View Post
    Finally bought my battery grip ($265) and extra battery ($60).... tried to e-warranty but there is no MB-D11!!!!
    Same for the battery

PS: can PM me where you get yours?
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by 116520 View Post
    tried to e-warranty but there is no MB-D11!!!!
    Me too since monday me tried too! Even email to them but no reply. Me just called them up to rectify the problem.
    Kate Isya

PMed you...

Same for the battery

PS: can PM me where you get yours?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast