Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Condensation

Default Re: Condensation

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post

Meanwhile...while saving for a dry cabinet. You may want to try a cheaper alternative. Get a dry box cost only $25. It is a air tight plastic box for camera. Add some silica gel and voila...cheap version of dry cabinet. Can't last long but a good stop gap measure while you save up for a dry cabinet.

Since you ORD soon...we welcome you to join our outings and take more photos.
    I think I'm getting the cabinet for my Christmas present haha. Do I still need to get the dry box? Or I can use the dry box when I'm overseas?
    And I've always looked at the planned outings you guys organized and always wanted to join. Let's just hope that I can start doing that soon lor.
    Last edited by gohjialong; 21st November 2010 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    There is an even cheaper way. Bring out all your equipment and put them under sun once everyday for a bit of time. Just like using it, inhibits fungus growth without spending any.

PS. just make sure the rubbers, optics and electronics don't get fry under a hot sun.
    Oh man I sometimes don bring my cam out the whole weekend, and after that it's another week in camp, well, 3 more weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by gohjialong View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. Didn't know body oil can also make fungus grow. Is the lint free cloth just like any other cloth we get when we purchase cleaning kit? Or is it different?
    I buy 3M lint free cloth from HomeFix. Cost only $10 for 3pcs. Camera shops sell the same thing for a bit more. They are the same. Actually they are only a type of cloth for wiping. It's called lint free because it does not leave behind cloth fibres.
    Dreamz is the Alternate Realty | Stand Up and Be Counted

I think I'm getting the cabinet for my Christmas present haha. Do I still need to get the dry box? Or I can use the dry box when I'm overseas?
    No need, unless you want to appear overprotective and showing off that your have a camera. Also, please define 'overseas'. Ok, for some locals JB is already overseas.. another topic. In all moderate climate zones people hardly know about dry cabinets. Wonder why? So you can safe on extra 'luggage' for camera there. But even here in Tropics a well-ventilated place at night is enough, aircon room even better. Keep in mind that daily usage prevents fungus nicely
    EOS

Oh man I sometimes don bring my cam out the whole weekend, and after that it's another week in camp, well, 3 more weeks!
    then how about placing all of them in a uv light with a timer? Everyday for a bit of time all your equipment will get a tanning session to inhibit fungus growth. This will you can go away for weeks.

ps. alternatively, just use a dry box and enough silicas....
    Last edited by coolthought; 22nd November 2010 at 10:26 AM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by hotwork77 View Post
    I buy 3M lint free cloth from HomeFix. Cost only $10 for 3pcs. Camera shops sell the same thing for a bit more. They are the same. Actually they are only a type of cloth for wiping. It's called lint free because it does not leave behind cloth fibres.
    Got that!

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    No need, unless you want to appear overprotective and showing off that your have a camera. Also, please define 'overseas'. Ok, for some locals JB is already overseas.. another topic. In all moderate climate zones people hardly know about dry cabinets. Wonder why? So you can safe on extra 'luggage' for camera there. But even here in Tropics a well-ventilated place at night is enough, aircon room even better. Keep in mind that daily usage prevents fungus nicely
    I should really bring my camera out with me more often. Haha. Oh ya my overseas actually meant like normal overseas family shopping or sight seeing trip kinda.

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    then how about placing all of them in a uv light with a timer? Everyday for a bit of time all your equipment will get a tanning session to inhibit fungus growth. This will you can go away for weeks.

ps. alternatively, just use a dry box and enough silicas....
    That's a cool idea but I guess since I'm left with 3 weeks I'll pass it and go out with my cam more often

That's a cool idea but I guess since I'm left with 3 weeks I'll pass it and go out with my cam more often
    relax relax....

go and shoot more! Enjoy your camera! It's just a tool!
    Exploring! :)

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    relax relax....

go and shoot more! Enjoy your camera! It's just a tool!
    Erm, ya... True. Lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12