Thread: help urgently for few things..

Default help urgently for few things..

for my cam 7d, i nt sure if the shop got help me format my cf 16gb before i use or not, but today when i plug into the pc and try to transfer file, it ask me to format, i didnt continue and just unplug.. i try plug in usb to camera to transfer also no use..

anyway to "recover" or access data? as in the folder of the camera is there but its blank and only have 24 raw fotos space left to shoot..

and what way is proper way to prepare virgin memory card??

and 70-200mm mk2, any special setting for shooting model? should i not go beyond certain range to avoid picture distortion of any kind?

Why would a shop need to help you? Easiest way is to put the card in your cam and turn it on. If you want, you can reformat it in your camera.

As for your lens, there is no "special setting". Distortion usually happens at wideangle, not really an issue on a telephoto lens. The main difference will be how much of the background is included, as well as the amount of blur you can achieve. For this, read the newbies guides.

Maybe you should have learned to walk before trying to run?
    Alpha

Default Re: help urgently for few things..

It really helps to read the camera manual before doing anything ...
    Quote Originally Posted by lhc500d View Post
    anyway to "recover" or access data? as in the folder of the camera is there but its blank and only have 24 raw fotos space left to shoot..
    Search for 'recovery software' here in forum. Your are not the first one, many people have given advice already. Since yo seem to be very new: there are free versions for recovery software. Don't fall for any trial version where you have to pay for.
    Last edited by Octarine; 19th November 2010 at 09:28 AM.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    It really helps to read the camera manual before doing anything ...

Search for 'recovery software' here in forum. Your are not the first one, many people have given advice already. Since yo seem to be very new: there are free versions for recovery software. Don't fall for any trial version where you have to pay for.
    thank you for those who have come to contribute so far,

which software would that be?

the cf card fail again on me.. but i found out that it seems to be the cardreader problem..

im using sandirsk ultra 16gb

any cardreader u all would recommend? or any chin chai cardreader will do?

cos the one i using now is 30-40 bucks i bought last time, yet twice and for 2 events in a row it corrupt my data, but good thing i back them up with the organiser and frens first..

Quote Originally Posted by lhc500d View Post
    the cf card fail again on me.. but i found out that it seems to be the cardreader problem..
    im using sandirsk ultra 16gb
    any cardreader u all would recommend? or any chin chai cardreader will do?
    Get a Sandisk card reader, or at least from another well-known brand. Officially, all readers should fit all cards according the interface standards. But there are differences. I had a similar issue with a cheap USB stick like card reader and my Sandisk CF card. But never had any issues with Sandisk card reader.
    For more details have a look at this website. They do benchmark tests and comparisons of various memory cards. There is also a section about card readers.
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Get a Sandisk card reader, or at least from another well-known brand. Officially, all readers should fit all cards according the interface standards. But there are differences. I had a similar issue with a cheap USB stick like card reader and my Sandisk CF card. But never had any issues with Sandisk card reader.
    For more details have a look at this website. They do benchmark tests and comparisons of various memory cards. There is also a section about card readers.
    thx alot octarine.. i already throw away the old card reader already as it is the reason why it corrupt my memory card..