Thread: Another bad Buying experience in the Buy/Sell Forum

Default Another bad Buying experience in the Buy/Sell Forum

Follow this thread
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=79627

I make the highest bid @$510 for the 550ex, as confirmed in the thread.
    18 Jun 10:12am
    Congrats! u won the bid at 510 for the 550ex.
    A PM was sent to me to contact seller at his hp (the lost hp number was given)
    18 Jun around 2pm I read the PM and SMS him on his lost hp number
    18 Jun 4:41pm Another PM from seller saying
    buyer @515 not able to meet me tomoorw, and gotta sell by tmrw coz i leaving for HK sunday morning...do u wanna purchase at $510? if not i will pass on to the next $510 bidder....
    I read this pm at 7pm. Since he missed my SMS in the afternoon. I decided to PM him instead of SMS.
    When I reached home at 9pm and still did not receive any reply, I read the PM again and realised he gave me another new number, so I PM him asking which number to call, (I think I SMS him on the new number as well)
    No reply from him. This morning called him at 10am, but he did not pick up the phone, called him again at 11am then he told me that its sold to the $515 bidder who called him again to deal.

I understand that seller has their right to sell to anyone, even though officially I am the highest ($510) until someone called him after the bid closed to offer $515.

I guess the least I expect is a PM to tell me that it is sold. Nothing from seller till I managed to call him at 11am today. Another excuse he gave was that he will be busy today to deal, so he sold it yesterday since I did not reply (well he should know that he lost his HP).

Finally, he actually offered to sell me his 420ex, well if you are the highest bidder for his 420EX, you better call him fast, he will just sell it to anyone.

OK enough of my grumbling, thanks for reading.

Cool

Hello Pal! There is no need to get frustarted over this. If you are willing to pay $510 or more for a 2nd hand 550EX flash without warranty, though condition is like new, why don't you go to TCW to get a brand new set for around $585 with 1 year shop warranty. Think about it.

This is the highest price dealt for a flash in Clubsnap so far for a non-warranty one.

$75 saving still worth considering.

anyway I thought most of the 2nd 550ex is selling above $500 (some with warranty). The $585 you quoted, is it after much bargaining? because I have called them before and they quoted $600. I know of a shop that is willing to sell at $570 grey. (so still save $60).

Anyway no frustration just sharing or grumbling about my bad experience.
    Last edited by pcwe68; 19th June 2004 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pcwe68
    $75 saving still worth considering.

anyway I thought most of the 2nd 550ex is selling above $500 (some with warranty).

You are wrong, pal. Those who sold above $500 are few months old and with warranty flashes.

There is no way for you to sell a non-warranty set for above $500. Don't be a sucker. The cost of repairing a flash is far more expensive than you thought shoud it failed. So why take chances? $60-$70 saving is not so justifiable. Anyway, the choice is yours.

ya lor,save $75 for something without warrranty ??

i rather save up a while more and get a new one with a peace of mind.

Thanks for the advice, so blessing in disguise since I did not managed to buy it at that price.

I was thinking I do not need the warranty, since I have been using a 420ex for 2 years (though not very often) without any problem.
    Last edited by pcwe68; 19th June 2004 at 01:19 PM.