Thread: M42 / OM / C/Y mount lenses?

Default M42 / OM / C/Y mount lenses?

Hey all, I've been looking around the BnS forum for lenses with the above mounts, and was wondering if any of you know if there are shops or places where these are available? Sungei Road, perhaps? eBay?

Anyone with experience on where to find them?

Many thanks

Default try to post a thread in BnS

and also some shops around PP area.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenjia View Post
    and also some shops around PP area.
    Pardon me, but is PP Peninsula Plaza?

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't think of looking at Mass Sales.

Well, frankly, I'm merely dipping a toe into these "adapted" lenses. Looking for something cheap with decent performance, a "50 f/1.8" equivalent if you get what I'm saying.

Keeping my options open at the moment. Would you have any recommendations?

I've also heard about the AF-confirmation adaptors, and how they're somewhat unreliable. Would you know anything about that?

Default Re: M42 / OM / C/Y mount lenses?

Sungei Rd? Sure you will find lenses of such mounts. I had a few looks, it is amazing to see how much fungus can grow in a lens. Never knew, seems older lenses are more nourishing to fungus? Old coating more tasty?
    Whatever you find there can only serve as a bad example of handling (dents, scratches) and storing of lenses. Or maybe as object for macro shooters in case they get tired of their bugs
    EOS

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Sungei Rd? Sure you will find lenses of such mounts. I had a few looks, it is amazing to see how much fungus can grow in a lens. Never knew, seems older lenses are more nourishing to fungus? Old coating more tasty?
    Whatever you find there can only serve as a bad example of handling (dents, scratches) and storing of lenses. Or maybe as object for macro shooters in case they get tired of their bugs
    Good to know, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MARK1992 View Post
    Oh wow, I didn't think of looking at Mass Sales.

Well, frankly, I'm merely dipping a toe into these "adapted" lenses. Looking for something cheap with decent performance, a "50 f/1.8" equivalent if you get what I'm saying.

Keeping my options open at the moment. Would you have any recommendations?

I've also heard about the AF-confirmation adaptors, and how they're somewhat unreliable. Would you know anything about that?

Can get them cheap through ebay, just that you can't test them.

Af confirmation adaptors work alright, at least mine has no problem. Just that you still have to manual focus and wait for the 'beep' from your camera.

If you are lucky, you can get 50mm f1.4 for around $100 - $120 (asahi pentax)

Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    Can get them cheap through ebay, just that you can't test them.

Af confirmation adaptors work alright, at least mine has no problem. Just that you still have to manual focus and wait for the 'beep' from your camera.

If you are lucky, you can get 50mm f1.4 for around $100 - $120 (asahi pentax)
    Did you get your adaptor from Tago Tech? Manual focus isn't much of a problem. The lens I'm using at the moment has a snapped cable, so I've been manual focusing since the day I bought it.