Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Bringing camera to U2 concert

  1. #1

    Default Bringing camera to U2 concert

    Can anyone tell me if I can bring my camera to a rock concert? I'm going to Sydney for the U2 360 tour, really looking fwd to it.

    I think pocket size pns is fine but what abt big DSLR w 70-200 lens. Will the security guys stop me? ANyone has the experience pls share. Thanks.

  2. #2

    Default

    it really depends on the final say of the organizer as most of the time security guards and ushers will automatically say no photography or at least no professional photography. Check the ticket as well for any warnings.

    this is one area where the mini size m4/3 camera and the x2 crop factor actually work quite well.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

  3. #3

    Default

    I am going to u2 in sydney too i am bringing my ricoh gxr the concert is on 19 dec i tink there are lots of u2 videos from concerts on youtube i am sure ppl bring cameras in
    Last edited by artspraken; 18th November 2010 at 07:33 PM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member ovaltinemilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Sin jia Po lah
    Posts
    2,820

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jylam View Post
    Can anyone tell me if I can bring my camera to a rock concert? I'm going to Sydney for the U2 360 tour, really looking fwd to it.

    I think pocket size pns is fine but what abt big DSLR w 70-200 lens. Will the security guys stop me? ANyone has the experience pls share. Thanks.
    I have sneaked in before...I say...pls sneak your combo in and take some nice photos...then share with us
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

  5. #5

    Default

    I remember reading that U2 are OK with their fans bringing in cameras. In fact Bono encourages them to do so.
    Problem is will you be able to get good shots in a concert environment: dark, low-light, stage activity etc.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by artspraken View Post
    I am going to u2 in sydney too i am bringing my ricoh gxr the concert is on 19 dec i tink there are lots of u2 videos from concerts on youtube i am sure ppl bring cameras in
    U are going to Perth right? Sydney is on 13 and 14th.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cks2k2 View Post
    I remember reading that U2 are OK with their fans bringing in cameras. In fact Bono encourages them to do so.
    Problem is will you be able to get good shots in a concert environment: dark, low-light, stage activity etc.
    Bono encourages fan to bring camera. if this is true it'll be great.

    Don't care abt low light and quality shot, it's abt capturing some moment of experience of lifetime...

  8. #8

    Default

    i am quite sure you are allowed to. just take a look at all their DVDs. Flash goes off all over the background.

    ENJOY!!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Bringing camera to U2 concert

    cannot bring DSLR. then bring a leica M9 plus 135mm. if you got the cash LOL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •