Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lenses for 7D

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProZero View Post
    I suppose you are referring to the aperture?
    Yes. Appreciate yr clarification. I must be confusing Anson! Sometimes i even wonder if we are debating about the same point. Oh well, he is entitled to his opinion, just like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoProZero View Post
    You peeps scare TS away!!! TS don't dare to respond already!!!

Of cos, budget prime lens def. will be 50mm f/1.8. that's without doubt.

To choose another prime for portrait? I will go for 100mm Macro lens. lol By the way, not canon macro though, there are pple in BnS selling 3rd party macro lens cheap.

Suggestion is to start off with the 50mm first. I'm not very much into Bokeh, so the 50mm suits me well.
    Haha. Sorry TS. I got a bit carried away. Do tell us what u get in the end!
    Last edited by esoeij; 19th November 2010 at 11:09 AM.

Default Re: Lenses for 7D

Quote Originally Posted by semino View Post
    Hi... I am using kit lens(15-85mm) for my Canon 7D currently, would like to get a prime lens for Portrait photography, please recommend me some budget prime lenses...
    hi semino, which is the most used focal length when you are shooting your portraits? This will help to determine which prime lens you should be getting. Please note that I have seen really good portraits using a 35 f1.8 lens and not necessary a 85.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Hi All bros... thanx for all your feedback, really appreciate alot..

my average focal length of photos are betwn 24mm to 55mm... I do stretch to the extremes,.. 15mm & 85mm., I try not to take at 15mm as its having distorted image at the corners.

which of these have a good image quality: 50mm f1.8/35mm f1.8/85mm 1.8...???

I am worried which lens would get a better image quality...
    Last edited by semino; 20th November 2010 at 08:49 AM.

my average focal length of photos are betwn 24mm to 55mm... I do stretch to the extremes,.. 15mm & 85mm., I try not to take at 15mm as its having distorted image at the corners.

i think for ur case, IQ shouldn't be what you are worrying about...

it should be focal length and whether u are comfortable with a prime at that focal length..

both lens have good IQ...
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

if you like the 50mm focal length you can consider getting canon's f/1.8 version. if not you can consider sigma f/1.4 for better optical quality.

if you find that it's too narrow, you can always turn to 35mm f/2. conversely, if you find it too wide, you can upgrade it to 85mm f/1.8.. all the lenses are competent, depending on your needs and style...

you have choices of 24, 28, 35 and 50 from f1.2, f1.4, f1.8, f2 and f2.8 primes to select from.
    http://www.canon.com.sg/personal/products/dslrs/lenses
    For better iq, you have to google for review of these lenses then. Lots to read there.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12