Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Which Lens to go with Canon 7D body

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wm910 View Post
    Ya bro cash is good but cant wait already bonus only come in around Jan so have to pay first by cc...yup shop warranty only
    the penalty for not waiting may cost you at least $100 dollars or more.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    the penalty for not waiting may cost you at least $100 dollars or more.

    Oh bro because i only bought the body and now im without a lens no choice lor...Me will buy a hoya filter if i get the 17-55mm and not the 100 dollars type... but i don't understand Parisilk can sell at 1578 compare to the others..

  3. #23
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Not advisable to buy something on installment unless you are a professional using the lens to make money.

    If budget tight, I recommend you get the Tamron 17-50/2.8 non-VC. around $630 only.

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Not advisable to buy something on installment unless you are a professional using the lens to make money.

    If budget tight, I recommend you get the Tamron 17-50/2.8 non-VC. around $630 only.

    I ci c ok bro understood. What do you think of Parisilk? i thinking of going there because its cheapest among all.

    Cathay Photo: $1590 (I know Patrick bought my nx 100 from him so manage to get this price)
    Parisilk Holland V: $1570
    SLR Revolution: $1594
    Orient Photo: $1590
    The camera Workshop: $1522 (Parallel Import 1 year warranty from Shop itself).
    John 316: $1615

  5. #25
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wm910 View Post
    I ci c ok bro understood. What do you think of Parisilk? i thinking of going there because its cheapest among all.

    Cathay Photo: $1590 (I know Patrick bought my nx 100 from him so manage to get this price)
    Parisilk Holland V: $1570
    SLR Revolution: $1594
    Orient Photo: $1590
    The camera Workshop: $1522 (Parallel Import 1 year warranty from Shop itself).
    John 316: $1615
    Parisilk is a reputable camera store.

    Do note that IQ of tamron 17-50/2.8 is very very close to Canon 17-55. Canon gives you slightly faster AF and IS (if you buy non-vc version).

    price difference is 900+.

    I am using tam 17-50 myself and I have nothing but praise for it.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 18th November 2010 at 10:57 PM.

  6. #26

    Default

    DD123 has given a pretty good insight there. Just like to add something.
    why not get a cheap 18-55 kit lens 2nd hand lens for the time being or even a 50 f1.8 may do. Sell it away when you have the money to buy the 17-50 or 17-55. I am quite sure the lost when selling off the lens is way way cheaper than taking up the credit card installment in these shops.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  7. #27

    Default

    I c i c thanks bros for your advice. reason why i take up the credit card instalment plan is because adding in the 3 to 5 percent charge its interest free. The 50 to 100 dollars difference is beside paying cash. Actually i agree with what you guys mentioned earlier on really.thumbs up

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wm910 View Post
    I c i c thanks bros for your advice. reason why i take up the credit card instalment plan is because adding in the 3 to 5 percent charge its interest free. The 50 to 100 dollars difference is beside paying cash. Actually i agree with what you guys mentioned earlier on really.thumbs up
    the shops that sell cheaper normally don't have any credit card installment payment. This is why I avoid Cathay (cathay is a reputable shop, just that things are a bit more expensive than elsewhere) unless there is a sale on the item I want.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  9. #29
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wm910 View Post
    I c i c thanks bros for your advice. reason why i take up the credit card instalment plan is because adding in the 3 to 5 percent charge its interest free. The 50 to 100 dollars difference is beside paying cash. Actually i agree with what you guys mentioned earlier on really.thumbs up
    spend wisely. You never know when you will have a rainy day and need cash on hand.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •