Thread: Prosumer to complement DSLR?

Default Prosumer to complement DSLR?

Who here has DSLR but still get a prosumer to shoot telephoto?

I am thinking of getting HS10 to complement my D90.
    D7100,SB910,17-50/2.8OS,105/2.8VR,85/1.8D,2xE-M1,O60/2.8,12-40/2.8,35-100/2.8,14-42,LX100

Default Re: Prosumer to complement DSLR?

Most of the time SLR folks get a prosumer/consumer for the times they want something that fits in the pocket and shoots better than the handphone. There not much point bringing a small sensor camera along when the dSLR is around anyway; the IQ from the small cam is "no fight". Most ppl own either a prosumer or dSLR+consumer. The prosumer+dSLR combo not very practical; a high end prosumer camera requires its own batteries, accesories, sometimes even software and workflow; for the near $2k price, might as well just get a 300/4 or 100-400ish zoom for the dSLR system.

Quote Originally Posted by ST1100 View Post
    Most of the time SLR folks get a prosumer/consumer for the times they want something that fits in the pocket and shoots better than the handphone. There not much point bringing a small sensor camera along when the dSLR is around anyway; the IQ from the small cam is "no fight". Most ppl own either a prosumer or dSLR+consumer. The prosumer+dSLR combo not very practical; a high end prosumer camera requires its own batteries, accesories, sometimes even software and workflow; for the near $2k price, might as well just get a 300/4 or 100-400ish zoom for the dSLR system.
    I second this.
    Most of us who owns a dslr, usually owns a compact pns. Easily carry around so that we can always have one camera around. Doesn't make sense to own a prosumer after having a dslr unless he is a camera collector.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by sin77 View Post
    Who here has DSLR but still get a prosumer to shoot telephoto?

I am thinking of getting HS10 to complement my D90.
    it depends. There are times when a prosumer is more useful when cannot bring/use a dslr either due to time or space constraint.

I myself have been doing some research for my own purchase.
    Last edited by Reportage; 17th November 2010 at 09:20 PM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Have a PNS camera as well to complement my dslr in situations whereby i don't wish to bring my dslr around.
    Current: 550D + EFS 18-135mm IS + EF 50mm f1.8 II