Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: D7000 High ISO Sample Shot

Default Re: D7000 High ISO Sample Shot

Quote Originally Posted by george671 View Post
    By the way some of your articles are outdated by at least a couple of years...One by Ken Rockwell has been superceded by His D7000 review....

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d7000.htm#rex

Not that I agree with KR all that much but he does get to use a lot of gear and He is an old 4x5 film man like myself.

Have you actually used these other cameras???I've used them all including the D7000..Anyway I'm glad you love your D3s, Its a great camera...I use one often...(for weddings) it belongs to one of my associates...
    since resolution is an issue here, haf u compared with other cameras of higher resolution like 7d for example? 5d mark II has 21 MP + it's a full frame camera. it would make more sense if u compare with 7d which is also a cropped sensor body but with 18MP.

nope, i had not used other cameras. but to me, it's pretty clear that a larger sensor can render more details out of a landscape.

here's another one.
    http://www.digitalslrguru.com/full-f...opped-sensors/

then again, i feel how each individual process the photos matter as well. it's pretty hard to tell wad camera the photographer used if the photo is processed well.
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

guess we shld stop it, seems like we r ruining TS's thread in showcasing high ISO samples from d7000 with our discussion haha

i do agree that d7000 is a magnificent camera. i was awed by its specs, but when i tested it out at nikon service centre, i still prefered the d300s coz of its ergonomics and build.
    but that's just me. different people have different views and needs.

sorry if my posts earlier were offensive in any manner to u.
    Last edited by Irvine; 23rd December 2010 at 03:18 PM.

No offense taken, I also like the feel of the heavier cams especially in the studio, but for travel I love the D7000 and my M4/3 stuff...(I've always had a smaller Nik for travel i.e. D70 D80 and finally D90...)

Cheers

www.snakephoto.blogspot.com

By the way your last link is also a repeat of another article and its also dated back in April...Its based on stuff from over a year ago...Like I said do not believe everything you read on the web as gospel...
    Last edited by george671; 23rd December 2010 at 03:32 PM.

Interesting inputs from respective forumers, and glad to see attempts to avoid heated debates. I do think different format does serve well for intended applications so may be a bit tough to compare FX vs DX on absolute equal ground, and without considering fairly its format functional benefits.

Anyway, steering back to the topic of D7000 capability, and taken more shots after the firmware update to ensure everything else is ok.

The only PP done was shifting the level, crop for better composition, convert to JPEG and resize.

You can see for yourself the amazing dynamic range of the D7000, displaying vivid details on the darker tone of the duckling, yet still retaining texture of the bright reflective surface.. and all at ISO of 1100. Wow!

Last edited by Luv4nature; 23rd December 2010 at 08:55 PM.

wa, bro ... new toy ah ..

I see that u r enjoying it.
    ...... r u one of us ? I m from the Darkside ..

Quote Originally Posted by No Horse Run View Post
    wa, bro ... new toy ah ..

I see that u r enjoying it.
    Yo! certainly having great fun with this new toy

no bad for this new modal...

how to insert photo? as i need to show you all and seek your guidaince to take nice picture.

Quote Originally Posted by shottobefun View Post
    how to insert photo? as i need to show you all and seek your guidaince to take nice picture.
    upload ur picture to flickr, then click on "share this", then "Grab the HTML/BB code", then copy the link inside the code and put it into ur post. not forgetting the "[img]""[/img]" before and after the link in ur post.

do note that u can only post photos u want to showcase for people to critique at respective gallery sub forums. photos posted in here are mainly meant for tech discussion (i.e to show how a certain camera/lens performs).

More shots added here:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...-WC-Kingfisher

Really good high ISO performance by the D7000 !

Quote Originally Posted by Luv4nature
    More shots added here:

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threa...-WC-Kingfisher

Really good high ISO performance by the D7000 !
    Just watch out for over exposure on certain scenes.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123