Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D7000 High ISO Sample Shot

Default Re: D7000 High ISO Sample Shot

Another sample shot.. this time at ISO100. No matter how I examine, IQ is best among Nikon DX format across the ISO range

Quote Originally Posted by Luv4nature View Post
    Another sample shot.. this time at ISO100. No matter how I examine, IQ is best among Nikon DX format across the ISO range

I know this isn't a gallery thread but seriously, allow me to be awed by this O_O "Samba dancing" I'd call it >_<
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

Thanks.. yeah not intending to turn this into a gallery thread, instead just showing off what the D7000 is capable of.

The resolution, sensitivity and dynamic range of this camera is simply fantastic, never seized to amaze me thus far.

TS, don't need to promote anymore(at least to me), I'm all set to get the D7K.
    just hold on for the dust to settle...
    ...:::..::.Nikon.::.:::..
    RGB Metering & Focusing.

That is tempation of me to get the D7000 but still on hold until the issue is over.

So I take it some of you still think the D3S picture quality is still better??? can you show us?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by george671 View Post
    So I take it some of you still think the D3S picture quality is still better??? can you show us?

Cheers
    wad r u talking bout? d3s is a full frame camera, d7000 is a cropped sensor camera. they r of a different league. the ans as to which camera is better is damn obvious.
    Google is your friend. Make use of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post

Shot with the Sigma 30mm f1.4 wide open at ISO 3200

Hi Lumiere. M just wondering did you crop your image ... thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Irvine View Post
    wad r u talking bout? d3s is a full frame camera, d7000 is a cropped sensor camera. they r of a different league. the ans as to which camera is better is damn obvious.
    What you just said is not backed up by anything...I'm not knocking the virtures of FF but I dare say you cannot put two prints up of the same subject shot by both cams and tell any significant diff...D7000 is much newer computer etc...Now the next gen Nik FF may show difference. Weight and handling may be a different story...photo site size and density non-withstanding. The D7000 is just a whole new breed...I'm sure in a few months the next Nikon FF will also be improved, and exceed it. Don't knock it till you have tried it!

Cheers

Get over that "cropped sensor" thing...It doesn't mean anything! I've got an old 5d with a FF sensor, and the D7000 definately surpasses it hands down in pic quality...but I still like it because of the bright viewfinder...I also like using my friends D3s for that same reason. On the reverse I like the JPG's out of my Oly pens (M4/3) better than any of my dslr Cams (except maybe my 2 Fuji S3's.. (love the fuji sensor for skin tones)...

cheers
    Last edited by george671; 23rd December 2010 at 03:42 AM.

What you just said is not backed up by anything...I'm not knocking the virtures of FF but I dare say you cannot put two prints up of the same subject shot by both cams and tell any significant diff...D7000 is much newer computer etc...Now the next gen Nik FF may show difference. Weight and handling may be a different story...photo site size and density non-withstanding. The D7000 is just a whole new breed...I'm sure in a few months the next Nikon FF will also be improved, and exceed it. Don't knock it till you have tried it!

Cheers
    oh? are u sure?

Full Frame Sensor vs Crop Sensor Which is Right For You?
    The Full-Frame Advantage
    Advantages of Full Frame Cameras Over Crop Cameras

there r so many articles across the net.

Get over that "cropped sensor" thing...It doesn't mean anything! I've got an old 5d with a FF sensor, and the D7000 definately surpasses it hands down in pic quality...but I still like it because of the bright viewfinder...I also like using my friends D3s for that same reason. On the reverse I like the JPG's out of my Oly pens (M4/3) better than any of my dslr Cams (except maybe my 2 Fuji S3's.. (love the fuji sensor for skin tones)...

cheers
    I'm confused... what points are you proving here? And why bringing FF into the picture in the first place?
    また再建しましょう~ ^_^

cheers
    and to further burst ur bubble:

d7000 vs d3s vs 5dmkI

dun even bother comparing low light ISO performance with d3s. d3s is rated the king of the dark for dslrs. furthermore, d3s can go even higher iso than d7000 (102800 vs 25600)

even the rating for ISO performance given by dxomark for 5dmkI is higher than d7000's. besides, how old is 5dmkI already? with newer technology, things get improved, more complex noise reduction algorithms r implemented, thus we get better n better performances out of these cameras.

even so, the 5dmkI still performs better than d7000. why? coz of FF advantage. read those articles n u will know.

but if u still insist otherwise, then i shall not waste anymore time tryin to explain things to u as they seem pointless.
    Last edited by Irvine; 23rd December 2010 at 09:23 AM.

The cameras are priced differently for a reason.

ME TOO!! D7000 , I'm Lovin it too!!! Next Year Goal is to upgrade from D70s to D7000

Now here're some images captured from dpreview for you to judge:

ISO200

ISO6400

ISO25600

D7000 vs 1D Mark IV

All these are great cams designed for different target users in mind. There are a lot more things to consider besides image quality.
    Last edited by cheersjy; 23rd December 2010 at 10:02 AM.

and to further burst ur bubble:

d7000 vs d3s vs 5dmkI

dun even bother comparing low light ISO performance with d3s. d3s is rated the king of the dark for dslrs. furthermore, d3s can go even higher iso than d7000 (102800 vs 25600)

even the rating for ISO performance given by dxomark for 5dmkI is higher than d7000's. besides, how old is 5dmkI already? with newer technology, things get improved, more complex noise reduction algorithms r implemented, thus we get better n better performances out of these cameras.

even so, the 5dmkI still performs better than d7000. why? coz of FF advantage. read those articles n u will know.

but if u still insist otherwise, then i shall not waste anymore time tryin to explain things to u as they seem pointless.
    The reference (dxomark) scores give the D7000 right up there with the D3s only dif is in the speed for sports???? not sure where you are getting the "whole new league" out of any of this except with maybe low light sesitivity..... even when you throw in the 5d mk2 the scores are very close...definately not "whole new league" as was stated before...Like I said before take some pics with a d7000 and you might be pleasently surprized...Of course I'm still keeping an FF camera around for a while but I've been noting very little dif in the pic quality lately between the current FF cams and some of the newer Dx bodies (D7000 in particular)

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/en/...(brand3)/Canon
    Last edited by george671; 23rd December 2010 at 01:53 PM.

The reference (dxomark) scores give the D7000 right up there with the D3s only dif is in the speed for sports???? not sure where you are getting the "whole new league" out of any of this except with maybe low light sesitivity..... even when you throw in the 5d mk2 the scores are very close...definately not "whole new league" as was stated before...Like I said before take some pics with a d7000 and you might be pleasently surprized...Of course I'm still keeping an FF camera around for a while but I've been noting very little dif in the pic quality lately between the current FF cams and some of the newer Dx bodies (D7000 in particular)

http://www.dxomark.com/index.php/en/...(brand3)/Canon
    *face palms*
    i seriously give up tryin to talk to u about the FF advantages over cropped bodies. and i can tell u didnt seem to bother reading up on the articles i posted. my stand is still the same. Full frame sensors r better than cropped sensors.

well one thing im glad is that ppl like u exist. each time a new nikon camera comes out, be it an entry, serious enthusiast, semi-pro n pro lvl, u will quickly jump up onto ur feet n purchase it. then claim it's the best until the next one comes out. this way, nikon will keep getting lots of funds to develop newer bodies.

You (Irvine) seem to be concerned primarily about low ISO capabilities...I have not contested that at all...To me Dynamic range etc are very important as well...Not so sure why you are so defensive about your FF camera, but there are many things that make a camera a good fit for someone.... I choose to use several cameras, as I have not found any single one that is top in all things...Thats why Nikon has three dif D3 cams.....Original, High megapixel, and low light high speed....Then there is the d700 for the rest of us that want FF...By the way my Fuji s3 pro beats all of them on Dynamic range up to ISO 800 !!!!! thats why I keep 2 of them..... (And they are definately slow beasts....) But I like the D7000 so much that I'm getting rid of my D200's for 2 of them...Of course I do a lot more types photography than just low light....

Cheers
    Last edited by george671; 23rd December 2010 at 02:28 PM.

*face palms*
    i seriously give up tryin to talk to u about the FF advantages over cropped bodies. and i can tell u didnt seem to bother reading up on the articles i posted. my stand is still the same. Full frame sensors r better than cropped sensors.

well one thing im glad is that ppl like u exist. each time a new nikon camera comes out, be it an entry, serious enthusiast, semi-pro n pro lvl, u will quickly jump up onto ur feet n purchase it. then claim it's the best until the next one comes out. this way, nikon will keep getting lots of funds to develop newer bodies.
    Do you know me? I am still using some quite old camera's I own 2 D200's and a 5D and a couple of S3 pro's, a new D7000 and some Pens (m4/3s) Unlike you, I have not claimed any of them to be the best...By the way some of your articles are outdated by at least a couple of years...One by Ken Rockwell has been superceded by His D7000 review (He compares it to the D700 etc)....

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d7000.htm#rex

Not that I agree with KR all that much but he does get to use a lot of gear and He is an old 4x5 film man like myself.

Have you actually used these other cameras???I've used them all including the D7000..Anyway I'm glad you love your D3s, Its a great camera...I use one often...(for weddings) it belongs to one of my associates... Are you an actual photographer, or are you just repeating stuff you read on the web that is outdated...for a person who is just learning photography, you seem to be extreemly passionate about something you read on the net...I say chill out and open your mind...you might actually learn something new from some"old farts " like me who actually shoot for a living (notice I did not say I'm an expert)... Like I always say "Its all Good!" Life would be pretty boring if we all agreed on everything wouldn't it...

Cheers
    Last edited by george671; 23rd December 2010 at 03:03 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast