Thread: My email address was used to send spam emails to my contacts, what can I do now?

Default My email address was used to send spam emails to my contacts, what can I do now?

Dear friends,

My email address was used to send spam emails to my contacts, what can I do now?

Regards and thanks in advance.

Default Re: My email address was used to send spam emails to my contacts, what can I do now?

Tried changing password?

Else change email account and deactivate the current one.

I would suggest changing. Good time to trim and housekeep the contacts also.

Default Re: My email address was used to send spam emails to my contacts, what can I do now?

The first few things you want to try are :

Cleaning up your browser of possible spam-causing objects. (spamware), and of course checking your antivirus/security software, perform a scan or something. Be sure to change your password, that is if you still have access to your account.

It can be very difficult to remove, as it is a less detectable virus, or maybe not even a virus but just a spamware treated lightly by antivirus softwares, but can wreck a hell lot of trouble such as spam mail.

First thing first, inform your contacts that what they have received was not sent by you.
    Tangfolio, 9mm; CZ75 Shadow, 9mm; S&W 686, .38

change to a more difficult password will helps but first, scan your pc for any virus or spywares (make sure your program is updated).

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    First thing first, inform your contacts that what they have received was not sent by you.
    Yup, changed and informed my contacts liao.

Thanks all.