Thread: D3100

Default D3100

I am thinking of getting a Nikon D3100, but not too sure about it performances, Can u guys help me guide me more about it. My budget is ard 850to 900.

Default Re: D3100

Quote Originally Posted by han xy View Post
    I am thinking of getting a Nikon D3100, but not too sure about it performances, Can u guys help me guide me more about it. My budget is ard 850to 900.
    Your question is rather vague, what aren't you sure about the performance? More specific questions will garner more help from us.

1. Read the reviews.
    2. Read the "what DSLR to get?" FAQ in the newbies corner.
    Alpha

D3100 is one of the new entry DSLR in the Nikon lineup . . . so no issue getting it . . .

bear in mind that there are other things which you may wish to consider when getting a DSLR too; like dry cabinet, tripod, filters etc etc . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

It is within your budget. It is a very good entry level DSLR.
    Fuji X100s, Tamron 17-50 f2.8 vc, Nikon 55-200mm, 35mm 1.8f

For that budget, you can get a much more full-featured camera from Pentax or Sony. spend your money carefully.
    Alpha

Buying is an emotional decision.

You hold it in your hand, touch it, feel it, click it, clean it, leave home with it.

What makes you happy is more important.

If D3100 appeals to you, go get it.
    Fuji X100s, Tamron 17-50 f2.8 vc, Nikon 55-200mm, 35mm 1.8f

Sometimes it is not just the camera's performance that matters. The user's level of competence also has a part in the buying decision. If you are just starting out and think you will only progress at a leisurely pace towards being a sifu, then perhaps the D3100 is appropiate for you. But if you are the opposite, then think again.