Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 58910

Thread: Cheap photographers only kill themselves, not the industry

Default Re: Cheap photographers only kill themselves, not the industry

Quote Originally Posted by AhKar View Post
    Well, I'm just a new member, but it's very interesting to see some well-thought out answers (albeit some brainless ones) in this thread. On the topic of charging, I think it's to conduct a course on how to do business and charge for it. Very few business has such entry/introductory courses and I think even having someone to tell you the ropes of the trade is invaluable. To provide this out of goodwill is a bit hard, because not everyone is grateful/appreciative, so in my opinion it's better to charge people for the information, get those emotions out of the way.

Of course if one feels ripped off by such a course one can feel free to complain and warn of others, just like what we do on camera shops. However I think it's a bit of a stretch to expect such privilleged information to be given as free. If people are willing to share a nugget of information, it's already a steal.
    Nothing wrong with with doing such business actually. In fact, this is like any other business be it online, home made or seminared.

but when u charge for something, don't call it sharing..or act like one has contributed much to the community. U get paid for it for crying out loud. It's selling a service.

When u share food with your primary school buddies, do u charge them?

If one is thinking of going into photography or any other kind of business, go for a real marketing or entrepreneurship courses. Not some "I can do it so can you" or "start a business for dummies" classes.

Quote Originally Posted by expro View Post
    Not some "I can do it so can you" or "start a business for dummies" classes.
    u mean like the thousands of online ads about how to make $2000 a day by doing nothing and then charge u $50 for a "starter kit"?

i must admit, i bought it once. It didn't work. Not even $2

Quote Originally Posted by lancey View Post
    u mean like the thousands of online ads about how to make $2000 a day by doing nothing and then charge u $50 for a "starter kit"?

i must admit, i bought it once. It didn't work. Not even $2

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post

anyways.. the reason why we pay top dollar for professional classes/courses is because they're worth SOMETHING. we learn more, sometimes get certified. we PAY for something.
    are you sure??? May I ask which top dollar professional classes/courses that you have took?

This discussion seems meaningless as it is. There seems to be a concern or even fear on the existence of so called "cheap photographers". This is a free market. Anyone can price their services at charges of their preferences. And its not fair to label them as cheap photographers just because they are charging lower. And likewise for the lower budget clients.

If one has the ability to sustain or even improve his photography business, there is no need to fear about the existing of photographers who offer lower quote. If your business have been affected by this group of people, its high time you re-look on your business model and deliverables.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by simplepic View Post
    This discussion seems meaningless as it is. ........
    Yes it is and becoming a coffee talk too. Thread closed

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 58910