Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: I've sinned

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Marine Parade
    Posts
    69

    Talking I've sinned

    Hi All!

    Finally got my hand on Pentax K-x Kit 3 last night from SLR Revolution...

    Loads of learning from all the gurus here...

    Would need some advise on filter lenses, camera bags and lastly on tripod...

    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: I've sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by multan View Post
    Would need some advise on filter lenses, camera bags and lastly on tripod...
    Not sure where you see the sin here. Congratulations!
    Now spend some time reading in the manual so that you know how to operate the camera. In between you may want to browse the forum here, all your questions are discussed frequently. Many of those answers are summed up into sticky threads, these are the yellow ones on top of the thread listing. Upper right hand is the Search function, alternatively you can also use Google for search CS or searching globally.
    Basically: buy what you need, buy what you know. As long as you don't know the answers precisely just leave your wallet in the drawer. And: Sales men are not a charity club for unbiased equipment discussion and recommendations.
    EOS

  3. #3

    Default Re: I've sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by multan View Post
    Hi All!

    Finally got my hand on Pentax K-x Kit 3 last night from SLR Revolution...

    Loads of learning from all the gurus here...

    Would need some advise on filter lenses, camera bags and lastly on tripod...

    Thank you!

    Congratulations

    Do join the Pentax photo outings that happens every month.


    For the filter, its optional but if you want a balance between peace of mind about quality and price, you can try the Kenko ones. (Can get in any reputable SLR store)

    Camera bags, try TK Photo in Funan. They have lots of choices. Alternatively, you can try MSColor, OP or even The Camera Workshop which will carry cheaper 'non-branded' brands.

    Try to so a search in CS on more info regarding the items you are interested in.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Marine Parade
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: I've sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Not sure where you see the sin here. Congratulations!
    Now spend some time reading in the manual so that you know how to operate the camera. In between you may want to browse the forum here, all your questions are discussed frequently. Many of those answers are summed up into sticky threads, these are the yellow ones on top of the thread listing. Upper right hand is the Search function, alternatively you can also use Google for search CS or searching globally.
    Basically: buy what you need, buy what you know. As long as you don't know the answers precisely just leave your wallet in the drawer. And: Sales men are not a charity club for unbiased equipment discussion and recommendations.
    Definitely, I decided only to pay for the camera first. Anything else, is to be decided as I progressed along.

    I have been reading the sticky, but some of them have been pretty old, but they do still comes in handy.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Marine Parade
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: I've sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Congratulations

    Do join the Pentax photo outings that happens every month.


    For the filter, its optional but if you want a balance between peace of mind about quality and price, you can try the Kenko ones. (Can get in any reputable SLR store)

    Camera bags, try TK Photo in Funan. They have lots of choices. Alternatively, you can try MSColor, OP or even The Camera Workshop which will carry cheaper 'non-branded' brands.

    Try to so a search in CS on more info regarding the items you are interested in.
    Yeah, will try to join the outings and get to know more gurus... But I guess I may need to brush up my basic skills first...

    I have heard of B+W, Hoya, in which they are quite expensive esp for B+W. How is Kenko price range like and how's the quality?

    I'm not someone who go for branded goods, as long as it is sturdy, water proof, I'm perfectly fine with it.

  6. #6

  7. #7

    Default Re: I've sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by multan View Post
    Hi All!

    Finally got my hand on Pentax K-x Kit 3 last night from SLR Revolution...

    Loads of learning from all the gurus here...

    Would need some advise on filter lenses, camera bags and lastly on tripod...

    Thank you!
    Hi welcome.
    Congrats on your purchase.
    First thing you need to get is a camera bag.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: I've sinned

    welcome to CS . . .

    think you forgotten to get the dry cabinet to store your equipment . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Marine Parade
    Posts
    69

    Default Re: I've sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    Hi welcome.
    Congrats on your purchase.
    First thing you need to get is a camera bag.
    Any to recommend?
    To fit the 2 lenses and all the Eneloop batteries.

    Quote Originally Posted by weegk View Post
    welcome to CS . . .

    think you forgotten to get the dry cabinet to store your equipment . . .
    Going to start off with a dry box first and silica gel.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,808

    Default Re: I've sinned

    Welcome to you. Please don't sin anymore and start taking photographs instead.

  11. #11
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,859

    Default Re: I've sinned

    someone calling me?

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,700

    Default Re: I've sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by multan View Post
    Any to recommend?
    To fit the 2 lenses and all the Eneloop batteries.



    Going to start off with a dry box first and silica gel.
    invest on a dry cabinet . . . in long run, it save the trouble and save on the replacement of your silicon gel . . .
    Shot more cos digital is FREE !!!

  13. #13

    Default Re: I've sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by multan View Post
    Hi All!

    Finally got my hand on Pentax K-x Kit 3 last night from SLR Revolution...

    Loads of learning from all the gurus here...

    Would need some advise on filter lenses, camera bags and lastly on tripod...

    Thank you!
    that's no sin, that's a Good Buy

  14. #14

    Default Re: I've sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by multan View Post
    Any to recommend?
    To fit the 2 lenses and all the Eneloop batteries.
    http://www.cambags.com/
    Lowepro, kata, crumpler, tamrac, think tank.....to name a few.
    No particular model comes into mind.
    Best if you can make a trip to TK photo or Cathay to check out the bags.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: I've sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by multan View Post
    Any to recommend?
    To fit the 2 lenses and all the Eneloop batteries.
    Welcome to CS and Pentax

    I'll recommend you go down to TK foto/Cathay Photo/Orient Photo and take a look at their bags...

  16. #16
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: I've sinned

    Quote Originally Posted by multan View Post
    I have been reading the sticky, but some of them have been pretty old, but they do still comes in handy.
    The light is still the same, since a few billion years there were no significant changes
    EOS

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Marine Parade
    Posts
    69

    Default

    I have went to Cathay Photo at Marina Square, but couldnt find anyone that I like. They are really bulky.

    Anyone uses the Kata KT-DB 455 or KT-DC 445?
    Or Crumpler
    (Have preference for shoulder bag and not backpack... Don't like to end up looking like Ninja Turtles...)

  18. #18
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by multan View Post
    I have went to Cathay Photo at Marina Square, but couldnt find anyone that I like. They are really bulky.

    Anyone uses the Kata KT-DB 455 or KT-DC 445?
    Or Crumpler
    (Have preference for shoulder bag and not backpack... Don't like to end up looking like Ninja Turtles...)
    Crumpler is not bad, though you do pay a slight premium for the brand name and the slightly 'trendy' (subjective) design

    what is the 'kit 3' for your camera? What lens(es)?
    Exploring! :)

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Marine Parade
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    Crumpler is not bad, though you do pay a slight premium for the brand name and the slightly 'trendy' (subjective) design

    what is the 'kit 3' for your camera? What lens(es)?
    Yeah, Crumpler seems to be a bit on the ex-side....
    (Or is there any Xmas promo? Credit card promo?)

    Kit 3 is DA L 18-55 and DA L 55-300.

  20. #20
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by multan View Post
    Yeah, Crumpler seems to be a bit on the ex-side....
    (Or is there any Xmas promo? Credit card promo?)

    Kit 3 is DA L 18-55 and DA L 55-300.
    I think DBS Live Fresh card or something gets you 10% discount.

    x'mas promo? unlikely. I don't recall such promo last year.
    Exploring! :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •