Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 13283336373839404348 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread X

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread X

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    well u cld just hoot the 70-300vr like what coolthought previously said....

its never easy when come to these things, holidays are never wasted if u emphasize too much on it, whether u buy the new tc or lens, the time spent with ya son is not affected by it thou....

look a page back i think, i directed a link to the sigma, thou grey set, its quite a saving..
    I've seen the DD Electronic's link... under consideration... thanks!

It's a bit complicated... he wants me to play Starcraft... that's not really father and son time... more like watching the TV at the same time!... other activities, I know like go Pasir Ris cycling, etc, etc... what I'm hoping for is to inject new activities so that both of us can go into it with greater enthusiasm! The usual activties, after sometime the novelty wears off, the enthusiasm wanes...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

actually getting the tc is not a totally bad idea, but u still have option like the sigma 150-500,
    unless u got like a 300 or 400 and getting a new lens is going to tear a bigger hole after those lenses, than getting a tc would a a wise choice... it work both ways thou, so its what u feels the best, we can only advice, its up to you to decide...
    That's good to know. Really, if my budget allows (even if it's a few hundreds more), and my dry cab ain't so getting full... The birding lens IS a good option... (I'm a bit poisoned already...just that I'm not ready for it at the moment...) It all depends whether both of us father and son will go deeper into birding in the future as well. I know TC is not really the BEST option, and both of you would prefer the 150-500 (if it was your choice)... My aim is to go optimum, not maximum (for the time being of course).

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    That's good to know. Really, if my budget allows (even if it's a few hundreds more), and my dry cab ain't so getting full... The birding lens IS a good option... (I'm a bit poisoned already...just that I'm not ready for it at the moment...) It all depends whether both of us father and son will go deeper into birding in the future as well. I know TC is not really the BEST option, and both of you would prefer the 150-500 (if it was your choice)... My aim is to go optimum, not maximum (for the time being of course).
    well the maximum is not the 150-500 it will be either a 600 or 800 or even the sigma 300-800.... hehehehhe...

i still say go for the 150-500...

abt time with children, yesh we always want them to do the things that we want , one thing abt parenting that u shld know already that no amount of the books on hand for parenting, all the classes we can attend on parenting, every kid has it own ways and thinking, sometime its not to our liking, maybe u cld to this, tell him starcraft today, and u tell him birding outing tomorrow.. slowly but surely...
    Last edited by akerue; 18th November 2010 at 12:50 AM.
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Actually, if your wallet allows it, just go for what you need. As you mentioned, what you want is quality father and son time. If it gets your son interested, tt's very good. Now is the time cause after he gets to secondary school and puberty hits, he will definitely want to spend more time with his friends and if he mixes with the wrong company, he will get more rebellious and maybe even want to spend lesser time at home. Either tt, or he might put stress on himself to perform well in school, leaving little time for R&R.

I'm not trying to teach you anything, but this is what I went through. Fortunately or unfortunately for me, I realised the importance of spending time with my family, but it was through losing a family member, namely my father, at a young age. Also, my cousin who is in sec 2 now, all I can say is tt he's getting very very defiant and rebellious. Hai.....
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Smiles88 View Post
    Actually, if your wallet allows it, just go for what you need. As you mentioned, what you want is quality father and son time. If it gets your son interested, tt's very good. Now is the time cause after he gets to secondary school and puberty hits, he will definitely want to spend more time with his friends and if he mixes with the wrong company, he will get more rebellious and maybe even want to spend lesser time at home. Either tt, or he might put stress on himself to perform well in school, leaving little time for R&R.

I'm not trying to teach you anything, but this is what I went through. Fortunately or unfortunately for me, I realised the importance of spending time with my family, but it was through losing a family member, namely my father, at a young age. Also, my cousin who is in sec 2 now, all I can say is tt he's getting very very defiant and rebellious. Hai.....
    ya cousin is still young and there time to change, some ppl change with support and advise, some ppl will change after they fall and stumble... plus not all bad company its bad news, trust me, some are not as bad as they seem....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

well the maximum is not the 150-500 it will be either a 600 or 800 or even the sigma 300-800.... hehehehhe...

i still say go for the 150-500...

abt time with children, yesh we always want them to do the things that with one, one thing abt parenting that u shld know already that no amount of the books on hand for parenting, all the classes we can attend on parenting, every kid has it own ways and thinking, sometime its not to out liking, maybe like u say starcraft today, and u tell him birding outing tomorrow.. slowly but surely...
    I'm putting my maximum on the 150-500, coz I don't want to look any further! I'm already breaking my rules about not wanting to go further than 200!!! Lenses that is... TC doesn't actually count!

Yes, like photography, there is no hard and fast rules about parenting... What works for you or me, may not work for others. Everyone's situation and experience is very different. Similar at times, but never exactly the same. No worries, we'll still go about our usual hol activities (cycling, here and there, movies, etc), what I'm hoping for is to back it up with photography - and the fun of it (learning apertures, bokehs, techniques, etc)... I'd still play starcraft (if he wants me to) but I won't encourage too much of it...

cheer up man. u are a good man now also.

smack ur cousin awake.

I'm putting my maximum on the 150-500, coz I don't want to look any further! I'm already breaking my rules about not wanting to go further than 200!!! Lenses that is... TC doesn't actually count!

Yes, like photography, there is no hard and fast rules about parenting... What works for you or me, may not work for others. Everyone's situation and experience is very different. Similar at times, but never exactly the same. No worries, we'll still go about our usual hol activities (cycling, here and there, movies, etc), what I'm hoping for is to back it up with photography - and the fun of it (learning apertures, bokehs, techniques, etc)... I'd still play starcraft (if he wants me to) but I won't encourage too much of it...
    SSS ur 70-200 to make space for 150-500??

and yesh if he hook onto photography, there is another reason for buying more items, so that the wonderful wife will not say much, since its for the kid too.... hehehehehehhehe

good dont think too much, and get the 150-500.... hahahahaha
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

ya cousin is still young and there time to change, some ppl change with support and advise, some ppl will change after they fall and stumble... plus not all bad company its bad news, trust me, some are not as bad as they seem....
    I know not all so-called bad company are that bad, but it is a big gamble really... it could go either way... not so easy... Yes, when it's time to fully loosen the reins we have have to.

and yesh if he hook onto photography, there is another reason for buying more items, so that the wonderful wife will not say much, since its for the kid too.... hehehehehehhehe

good dont think too much, and get the 150-500.... hahahahaha
    Bro... my wife thinks it's a good idea for both me and kid to take up photography... but I don't really wanna push it... I know I am at the moment, but I have my boundaries I've set for myself...

150-500?? Not now...

I know not all so-called bad company are that bad, but it is a big gamble really... it could go either way... not so easy... Yes, when it's time to fully loosen the reins we have have to.
    ah yesh, life is a gamble to begin with, not is ever certain..... we all have to let go of our kids sooner or later, to me i wanna be a father to my daughter now and when shes bigger i wanna be her fren too(to a certain limit lah), coz i rather have her tell me things rather than hide from me... i hope so..

PS: touchy topic today ar....
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    SSS ur 70-200 to make space for 150-500??
    And then what? Sweat with the 150-500 at low lights when I really need 2.8? Bro... doesn't make sense leh... Like I've said, the primary purpose of this lens is its performance at low light... School stage.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 18th November 2010 at 01:02 AM.

ah yesh, life is a gamble to begin with, not is ever certain..... we all have to let go of our kids sooner or later, to me i wanna be a father to my daughter now and when shes bigger i wanna be her fren too(to a certain limit lah), coz i rather have her tell me things rather than hide from me... i hope so..

PS: touchy topic today ar....
    My kid is already at friend level with both of us...but at times, we still need to instill authority... have to lah!.. Or else he will be all over us! Sleep late, eat junk, play too much, lazy as hell, overly dependent - the works!

You still at the "honeymoon" stage bro... wait till she reaches Primary and Secondary...

Eh basket. All tmr dun need to work ar? 1am already still TCSS-ing. Haha. I got no work tmr! But sad... Tmr will be a painful day.
    Nikon D90 | AF-S 18-105mm | AF 50mm f/1.8D | Tokina 12-24mm f4 | Sigma 30mm f1.4

My kid is already at friend level with both of us...but at times, we still need to instill authority... have to lah!.. Or else he will be all over us! Sleep late, eat junk, play too much, lazy as hell, overly dependent - the works!

You still at the "honeymoon" stage bro... wait till she reaches Primary and Secondary...
    oh dont remind me man, i would definitely remind her that her father is aint no good boy last time, so theres no way she can turn tricks on me... if she ever wanna does that, hehhehehehehee........
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Eh basket. All tmr dun need to work ar? 1am already still TCSS-ing. Haha. I got no work tmr! But sad... Tmr will be a painful day.
    i think they shld just pluck out all ya teeth, and u just use dentures... better faster.... want to brush teeth just take it out... hahahahahhaha
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by quizesilver View Post
    cheer up man. u are a good man now also.

smack ur cousin awake.
    I scared I smack him he buay tahan ah. He quite thin, although almost the same height as me already.

oh dont remind me man, i would definitely remind her that her father is aint no good boy last time, so theres no way she can turn tricks on me... if she ever wanna does that, hehhehehehehee........
    Right now, she is your princess (she still is and will always be) - cocoon stage... slow and gentle... wait till the butterfly stage... She'll give you a full run of your time, patience and $$$! (ahem, been there, at it)

Tell her next time, don't punk the king of punks. Haha. Kidding.

i think they shld just pluck out all ya teeth, and u just use dentures... better faster.... want to brush teeth just take it out... hahahahahhaha
    pluck out 2 teeth so painful, I don't even want to imagine plucking out all.