Page 27 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2172225262728293237 ... LastLast

Thread: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread X

Default Re: DNP0i$onou$ Clubh0us3 - TCSS Thread X

Quote Originally Posted by jeezuinn View Post
    I got it the week before my uncle passed away, used once in real shooting only so far. After that been busy with family issues all the way, cant wait to use it again
    Power man! Hence your induction into serious macrology... Btw, if you're thinking of R1C1, there is one letting off at 950 at BnS...
    Myflickr | Zoom in for the KILL!

Quote Originally Posted by kriegsketten View Post
    Power man! Hence your induction into serious macrology... Btw, if you're thinking of R1C1, there is one letting off at 950 at BnS...
    Haha not enough research done to think of R1C1 yet. Is there any place that i can get a hand on with that? NSC have anot haha. I quite curious of the weight when im hand holding

Haha not enough research done to think of R1C1 yet. Is there any place that i can get a hand on with that? NSC have anot haha. I quite curious of the weight when im hand holding
    NSC confirm have one! The last time I was there, I tio poisoned... luckily anti-virus strong... NNB has it, he will poison you like siao!

I think the whole setup should be pretty lightweight compared to DIY flash/bracket setup... They are using SB-R200 units - pretty small... compared to SB-400 / SB600, etc... plus comes with SU-800 commander...
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 15th November 2010 at 11:21 PM.

NSC confirm have one! The last time I was there, I tio poisoned... luckily anti-virus strong... NNB has it, he will poison you like siao!

I think the whole setup should be pretty lightweight compared to DIY flash/bracket setup... They are using SB-R200 units - pretty small... compared to SB-400 / SB600, etc... plus comes with SU-800 commander...
    Yea i know what the R1C1 is using, but having so many things it looks pretty heavy actually haha. Most ppl in macro are using single flash and DIY diffusers, will be lighter than R1C1 meh?

Yea i know what the R1C1 is using, but having so many things it looks pretty heavy actually haha. Most ppl in macro are using single flash and DIY diffusers, will be lighter than R1C1 meh?
    Can always go for the R1 config... plus you dun have to always use two flashes. I think NNB is better to advice you on this than I do... I think it's best you head down to NSC to try the whole config out... test it out with your 105mm!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 15th November 2010 at 11:29 PM.

Nite folks!
    Exploring! :)

Can always go for the R1 config... plus you dun have to always use two flashes. I think NNB is better to advice you on this than I do... I think it's best you head down to NSC to try the whole config out... test it out with your 105mm!
    Hmm whats the diff between the R1 and R1C1?

jeezuin bro congrats on the 105 vr purchase, hope to see more of ya macro shots...

do try out the kenko and 80-200, looking forward to some of the image...

neways guys any idea retro theme places of interest, wanna do a 60s or 70s theme shoot...
    thinking of doing it at the old ktm railway but scared too near nsc, easily distracted..
    hahahahahha...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post
    jeezuin bro congrats on the 105 vr purchase, hope to see more of ya macro shots...

neways guys any idea retro theme places of interest, wanna do a 60s or 70s theme shoot...
    thinking of doing it at the old ktm railway but scared too near nsc, easily distracted..
    hahahahahha...
    Thanks bro, will be sure to take more when i get more free on weekends. I'm not really into zooms atm though, like taking bird pictures, but for now landscapes and macro are my priority.

For the retro theme place maybe you could try Bukit Timah Saddle Club? I've seen quiet a few retro style wedding photos taken there, and there's a particular tree thats famous for people taking wedding shots there as well. Heres a link to see some :

http://melvingilbert.com/blog/2010/1...-photographer/

Quote Originally Posted by akerue View Post

hahahahahha...
    BRO so early, went to catch the rising sun??
    Joo Chiat, Keong Siak, basically what I can think of are the shop houses.... those built during the modern classic, clean line,....etc.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Blog Entries

Thanks bro, will be sure to take more when i get more free on weekends. I'm not really into zooms atm though, like taking bird pictures, but for now landscapes and macro are my priority.

For the retro theme place maybe you could try Bukit Timah Saddle Club? I've seen quiet a few retro style wedding photos taken there, and there's a particular tree thats famous for people taking wedding shots there as well. Heres a link to see some :

http://melvingilbert.com/blog/2010/1...-photographer/
    Bros, you cannot shoot at saddle club without approval from management. Most of the wedding photographers who shot there are mostly guerilla.. shoot and go.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Bros, you cannot shoot at saddle club without approval from management. Most of the wedding photographers who shot there are mostly guerilla.. shoot and go.
    O i wasn't aware of that.

Hmm whats the diff between the R1 and R1C1?
    The commander SU800, nth else
    I turned PRO in diaper chg!
    My Flickr|My Son

Those using single flash need an extension arm to hold.. Either diy with heavy duty alu or get quality light ones frm off the shelves like wimberly f2 like the one I m using when u attached my SB900 with SB600 for night macro...

Day macro i use 2x SBR200s with another dual arm...
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    wah... wedding shoot also can 'guerilla' style har?
    The security must be pretty slow!

Bt Timah Saddle club... is it off Eng Neo Ave?

Yeah definitely lighter... Gd for handheld....

I hv friends who use ONI 1 flash with flash cord.. Ado very gd.. Mire lights doesn't really mean gd always.. U need more control.. What matter most is u wan directional lighting... Off cam flash for best results..
    My Flickr|My Son

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Those using single flash need an extension arm to hold.. Either diy with heavy duty alu or get quality light ones frm off the shelves like wimberly f2 like the one I m using when u attached my SB900 with SB600 for night macro...

Day macro i use 2x SBR200s with another dual arm...

Got photo of your day macro rig, bro?
    curious to see what it looks like when all set up

Wah... today sunrise super man! I could see it from my bedroom window... took some shot although lots PSA cranes and HDB tops in the foreground...

Anybody went to MBS to shoot? Must have reaped some really good images...

Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post

Got photo of your day macro rig, bro?
    curious to see what it looks like when all set up
    Warning me not to see (to avoid poisoning), and then here you are asking for trouble... Just kidding lah, it's good to observe and learn.
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 16th November 2010 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Numnumball View Post
    Yeah definitely lighter... Gd for handheld....

I hv friends who use ONI 1 flash with flash cord.. Ado very gd.. Mire lights doesn't really mean gd always.. U need more control.. What matter most is u wan directional lighting... Off cam flash for best results..
    I thought so... at least two flash units for better light coverage right? I remember Leong23 mentioned this in the Nikon subforum... SB-R200 not bright enough for night shoots? I see you're using SB900 + SB800... Thanks for the insights bro!
    Last edited by kriegsketten; 16th November 2010 at 09:47 AM.