Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Difference between focusing screens?

Default Re: Difference between focusing screens?

Quote Originally Posted by gibss View Post
    Ok thanks man for all the help so far! Just one last question! As for eyepiece magnifiers, do you guys recommend the Nikon DK17, DK21-M, Tempa 1.36x or other alternatives? I could find very few reviews online when it came to split-screens or eyepiece magnifiers... maybe you guys could do a sticky thread about this haha!

Thanks again!
    gibss
    Magnifying Eyepiece O-ME53

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=797994

Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    Google the above and you will find more info about it.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by gibss View Post
    Ok thanks man for all the help so far! Just one last question! As for eyepiece magnifiers, do you guys recommend the Nikon DK17, DK21-M, Tempa 1.36x or other alternatives? I could find very few reviews online when it came to split-screens or eyepiece magnifiers... maybe you guys could do a sticky thread about this haha!

Thanks again!
    gibss
    I had a Tempa 1.36x but it did not fit my K100D, so I sold it away. It is made to fit K10, K20, etc though.

Some reviews say it makes it harder to view the whole viewfinder, though at times I wouldn't mind for the 1.36x mag that it can give.

i would suggest that you get the Pentax O-ME53 magnifying eyecup first. it gives 1.2x magnification for your VF, thus making it easier to see your subject to ensure sharp focus. I find that it helps MF a lot as well.

if that still doesn't solve your problem, then go ahead and invest in a focusing screen. you will still find the O-ME53 very useful as it helps you see the split prism more clearly.

its also less than half the price of the K-3 focusing screen.

Hi, where can my friend can buy me a Pentax O-ME53 in Singapore, except from Ebay?

Thanks in advance guys

Quote Originally Posted by wazzupku View Post
    Hi, where can my friend can buy me a Pentax O-ME53 in Singapore, except from Ebay?

Thanks in advance guys
    it pops up on buy/sell once in awhile. or you could try orient photo@SLS. i thought i saw a few behind the counter.

Is it difficult to use with glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by reign226 View Post
    Is it difficult to use with glasses?
    i wear glasses... i've had it on my K-X and now i have it on my K-5... wouldn't leave home without it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12