Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16415661646566
Results 1,301 to 1,319 of 1319

Thread: D7000 user...fall in!!!

Default Re: D7000 user...fall in!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kennyso View Post
    I'm not sure is it a good place to ask this question but definitely I'm using a D7K.

What kind of speedlight flash is recommended for D7K?
    I would recommend SB700 for its small size, lightness and user friendly. I used both SB700 and SB900 with my D7K. I use to have SB600 before I bought SB700 and I bought SB900 before the SB600. Once you are familiarized yourself with the SB900, you never wanna touch SB600 again. The SB600 is not so user friendly and the SB800 also the same ( used my friend SB800 ). SB700 and SB900 are the same in user interface, so easy to use.
    Nikon D90 + Nikkor 28G F1.8 + Sigma 17 - 50mm F2.8 + Tamron 90mm Macro + SB900

Quote Originally Posted by buzzmario View Post
    It is at thomas plaza. should be the event hall. so it matter or just use the auto without flash?
    thanks
    but you're shooting video right? how do you shoot video with flash?

Finally bought the D7K from SLRR today.

Hi All,

I have just joined the camp yesterday. First time owning DSLR. Part fun and part pain.

Need your help to clarify some doubts.

I have borrowed a D60 before and eveytime I turn on/off, there is an image showing that the sensor is being clean. I have set the camera to do so on the D7k, however, I don't see such an image; not sure if the sensor is being cleaned at all or did I set wrongly. Please advise if it is so.

Secondly, in M, A, S or P mode, I noticed that my Flash (lightning icon) keep blinking in the viewfinder even thou the exposure, according to the camera meter, is at 0. Is it normal? Is it an indicator that flash is ready for use? I have a Nikon SLR and the lightning icon does not blink and its purppose is juz to indicate flash is ready.

Lastly, when using Aperture priority with settings as Matrix metering, Auto-servo AF, Auto-area AF, Auto white balance, it seems that the camera overexpose by at least 2 stops. However, when using P mode, it is fine. Shutter priority mode seems ok. Manual works for me when the metering is center weighted. is it normal? When I use Aperture priority on my SLR, the exposure is usually fine.

Look forward to your help. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by h2o View Post
    Hi All,

I have just joined the camp yesterday. First time owning DSLR. Part fun and part pain.

Need your help to clarify some doubts.

I have borrowed a D60 before and eveytime I turn on/off, there is an image showing that the sensor is being clean. I have set the camera to do so on the D7k, however, I don't see such an image; not sure if the sensor is being cleaned at all or did I set wrongly. Please advise if it is so.

Secondly, in M, A, S or P mode, I noticed that my Flash (lightning icon) keep blinking in the viewfinder even thou the exposure, according to the camera meter, is at 0. Is it normal? Is it an indicator that flash is ready for use? I have a Nikon SLR and the lightning icon does not blink and its purppose is juz to indicate flash is ready.

Lastly, when using Aperture priority with settings as Matrix metering, Auto-servo AF, Auto-area AF, Auto white balance, it seems that the camera overexpose by at least 2 stops. However, when using P mode, it is fine. Shutter priority mode seems ok. Manual works for me when the metering is center weighted. is it normal? When I use Aperture priority on my SLR, the exposure is usually fine.

Don't worry about the cleaning. It's being cleaned, just that the LCD screen doesn't shows the image. I used to own a D60 before I upgraded to D7000

As for the Aperture priority problem, have you made sure that your exposure compensation is at the right value?

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie View Post
    Don't worry about the cleaning. It's being cleaned, just that the LCD screen doesn't shows the image. I used to own a D60 before I upgraded to D7000

As for the Aperture priority problem, have you made sure that your exposure compensation is at the right value?
    thank you for the reply.

yes, exposure compensation was at 0.

* noob question alert *

We know that the AF-S lens has a built in motor to assist in auto focusing right?

So, will a 24-70 auto focus faster on say a D700 compared to a D7000?

Hi knowledgeable and helpful fellow csers,

I have bought my d7000 in early Jan. Everything went pretty well until just now.

I tried to take some indoor shots under quite well-lit condition. But, its mirror responded quite abnormally sluggishly in spite of shutter speed of 1/200sec or faster. And it frustrates me considerably.

Kindly shed some lights on solving this and hope would also be resolved by itself miraculously, in the interim, keep my fingers crossed. Be much grateful if any kind soul can render any helps

Best Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by ce072300 View Post
    Hi knowledgeable and helpful fellow csers,

I have bought my d7000 in early Jan. Everything went pretty well until just now.

I tried to take some indoor shots under quite well-lit condition. But, its mirror responded quite abnormally sluggishly in spite of shutter speed of 1/200sec or faster. And it frustrates me considerably.

Kindly shed some lights on solving this and hope would also be resolved by itself miraculously, in the interim, keep my fingers crossed. Be much grateful if any kind soul can render any helps

Best Regards,
    Check if you switched to Quiet mode (Q on the secondary dial) by mistake.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by RB26DETT View Post
    * noob question alert *

We know that the AF-S lens has a built in motor to assist in auto focusing right?

The AF-S motor doesn't "assist" in focusiing. It does ALL the moving of the focus elements. The D700 might be faster due to better AF circuitry, but the actual movement speed of the focussing elements will be the same irrespective of camera.
    Dxxxx | 35/1.8 | 50/1.8 | Tokina 28-70 | Panny G1 | 14-45 | 25/1.7
    My Flickr

The cam should at least allow the flash to charge then continue firing.. Stopping the timer at one shot is not acceptable.. Even simple point and shot camera are programmed to continue firing after flash is charge.. Manual also never state if flash is used, timer only fire 1 shot..

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Yup, the cycle time of the built-in flash is slow, so you cannot fire continuous shots
    life is but a dream...

My experience with the gears you mentioned is that they will af lock at the same speed.. Maybe d700 is faster, but of
    No diff to me.. But d700 for sure focus lock faster with any afd lens compared to a d7000.. Swm I personally felt that there are 2 speeds.. The pro swm like 70-200.. And the normal afs swm like 35 f1.8g or 50 f1.4g.. the swm on the 70-200 locks focus so fast that you can physically feels the lens locked into focus, where swm on those kits lens just lock into focus so slowly:.

Quote Originally Posted by RB26DETT View Post
    * noob question alert *

life is but a dream...

Quote Originally Posted by twisted illusion
    The cam should at least allow the flash to charge then continue firing.. Stopping the timer at one shot is not acceptable.. Even simple point and shot camera are programmed to continue firing after flash is charge.. Manual also never state if flash is used, timer only fire 1 shot..
    Tell that to the Nikon engineers, nothing we can do at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by fmeeran

Check if you switched to Quiet mode (Q on the secondary dial) by mistake.
    Hi bro thanks for your prompt reply
    I have successfully figured out the solution to my previous query which I Had turned on the mode of Exposure Delay Mode under Custom Setting D11, plz refer to pg.219.

Thanks a zillion for your time taken

FYI, if u mount speed lite on, the timer will go thru all 9 shots..
    If flash is ready, flash will fire.. If not ready, cam will still fire..
    Do you have nikon engineer email?
    No point telling nikon sg, their reply will be same as you..

Quote Originally Posted by spree86 View Post
    Tell that to the Nikon engineers, nothing we can do at this point.
    life is but a dream...

Hi All,

Hi All,

Would like to share something I found out regarding the overexposure issue I had.

I was using AF 20mm f/2.8D on D7000. Regardless of the aperture settings, the exposure varies slightly. At 5.6 is not much different at 22. Came home and try AF 60mm f/2.8D and AF Fisheye 16mm f/2.8D and the exposure does have a difference. Conclusion is my 20mm has some problem with my D7000 where aperture is concern.

Where were u trying ur 20mm?
    Equipment: D800|D700|11-16|28-75|105 Micro VR|50 F1.4G|85 F1.8G
    Through the Lens of Cowseye

Press the dof button and look into the lens to see if the blades stops down or not..

Hi All,

Would like to share something I found out regarding the overexposure issue I had.

I was using AF 20mm f/2.8D on D7000. Regardless of the aperture settings, the exposure varies slightly. At 5.6 is not much different at 22. Came home and try AF 60mm f/2.8D and AF Fisheye 16mm f/2.8D and the exposure does have a difference. Conclusion is my 20mm has some problem with my D7000 where aperture is concern.
    life is but a dream...

Max posts count of 1000 way exceeded. Please start a new thread if necessary, thanks.

Page 66 of 66 FirstFirst ... 16415661646566