Thread: Hi all 1st day in clubsnap - need advice on dust spots

Default Hi all 1st day in clubsnap - need advice on dust spots

Hi Bros / Sis in Clubsnap

Today is my 1st day in clubsnap. Hope to learn make new friends from this photography portal

Hope u can help on a current problem im facing. Noticed whenever i take pics at high apertures these spots appear. Read a few threads and realised that the sensor is dirty. not sure how it became dirty so fast my cam is only 2mth old, i guess my home is dusty

In any case, i decided to brin to nikon svc centre for cleaning. Pardon my ignorance but does the warranty cover the cleaning of dust spots? or i am required to pay for the cleaning
    try calling nikon but no one pickup. any experience or advice from seniors if payment is required if the camera is still covered under warranty?

Tks

Deregistered

Default Re: Hi all 1st day in clubsnap - need advice on dust spots

Welcome to CS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coolio View Post

Today is my 1st day in clubsnap. Hope to learn make new friends from this photography portal

Hope u can help on a current problem im facing. Noticed whenever i take pics at high apertures these spots appear. Read a few threads and realised that the sensor is dirty. not sure how it became dirty so fast my cam is only 2mth old, i guess my home is dusty

In any case, i decided to brin to nikon svc centre for cleaning. Pardon my ignorance but does the warranty cover the cleaning of dust spots? or i am required to pay for the cleaning
    try calling nikon but no one pickup. any experience or advice from seniors if payment is required if the camera is still covered under warranty?

Tks
    give your sensor a quick blow... see if the spots stay.

Before your blow you need to get the mirror up, read your camera manual on how to do that.

Welcome to ClubSnap,

Sensor cleaning is not free, even it is within warranty period.

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Tks bro for the advice, just tried that method after watching youtube. used the blower and took a shot those dots are still stubbornly there, dont dare to touch anything myself even youtube was teaching how to clean with soln etc..newbie here abit scared of doing DIY cleansing with the swab

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post

Before your blow you need to get the mirror up, read your camera manual on how to do that.

Hi bro,

tks for the pic, my doubts are answered

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Welcome to ClubSnap,

Sensor cleaning is not free, even it is within warranty period.

Hi I'm also new here... would love to meet new friends here... I tried to look for a website for photographer like me and glad to found one like this forum.
    Last edited by Reggiea; 12th November 2010 at 07:26 PM.
    website for photographer

Tks
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggiea View Post
    Hi I'm also new here... would love to meet new friends here... I tried to look for a website for photographer like me and glad to found one like this forum.
    Welcome to CS

Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post

bro, you didn't tell him use what to blow. Wait he uses his breath to blow!!

check this out.
    http://www.techtheman.com/2008/09/se...h-giottos.html
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

bro...although im newb but still got abit of common sense

my blowert is the china type free gift when i buy. shd still be able to work no need to buy the rocket one rite?

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    bro, you didn't tell him use what to blow. Wait he uses his breath to blow!!

check this out.
    http://www.techtheman.com/2008/09/se...h-giottos.html

Welcome to CS. ^^

Hope you enjoy your stay here and do make time to join some newbie outings under the Outings subforum.
    Nikkon D90 | AF-S NIKKOR 18-105mm 1:35-5.6G | DI866 External Flashlight | AF-S NIKKOR 50mm f/1.4G

my blowert is the china type free gift when i buy. shd still be able to work no need to buy the rocket one rite?

Stronger wind is more adept to blowing heavier or stickier things right? For example heavier dust. Using common sense, which one will be better.

One last thing to add, give the blower a few good blow at nothing before directing it at the sensor. This will help to clear any dust that might get into the blower or you might blower dust onto the sensor. Hope this is common sense too.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

I think you try it with your free gift first, if cannot then can consider buying the giottos. Anyway good luck with your sensor cleaning!

Blog Entries

Cheapo blower may blow more dust onto your sensor, because the internal part of the blower may be peeling, or full of dust already. And cheapo blower may have airflow problem so when you release, and the air goes into the cavity, it might be sucking in from the front instead of the back, so it will suck dust to the tip and blow that same dust back onto your sensor with even more force. Best is if you get one of the senor blowers that cost 80+ from cathay photo, where any air going into the back of the blower is actually filtered.

It is not about common sense. But knowing what works better.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 13th November 2010 at 07:42 PM.