View Poll Results: If not tied down, when will u return to home comfort?

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 week trip, just for a short break

5 2.33%
  • 2-3 weeks trip can reach most places in the world.

18 8.37%
  • 3weeks-3mths, to cover an area in depth.

48 22.33%
  • 3-6mths, to cover a region or a small continent

30 13.95%
  • 6mth-1yr, to cover a region i like, or for work/army.

23 10.70%
  • 1-2 years, i have big ambitions over big distances.

43 20.00%
  • more than 2 years, i need time to really think over my life.

30 13.95%
  • I dun wish ever to return home

37 17.21%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If no work or family commitment, how long is your dream trip before returning home?

Same here, I would love to travel full time

I always watch Nat Geo documentaries with the hosts traveling all around, to film and take photography of the places

Wish I'm there....

Default Re: If no work or family commitment, how long is your dream trip before returning hom

Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Same here, I would love to travel full time

I always watch Nat Geo documentaries with the hosts traveling all around, to film and take photography of the places

Wish I'm there....
    They went in a team, if for oneself to go like that, hard and dangerous. Saw the landscape of Alaska, jaw drop! Too bad, local tour dont move so deep in there.

Back to topic. For me, I will save up 10k or more and then rent out my flat for a family for 2k+ for 2 yrs contract. Then I just travel alone and back in 2 yrs to recharge. Off again in 6 mths and back in 2 yrs etc... If do for 10 times, that will be 25 yrs in total! haha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM

They went in a team, if for oneself to go like that, hard and dangerous. Saw the landscape of Alaska, jaw drop! Too bad, local tour dont move so deep in there.

Back to topic. For me, I will save up 10k or more and then rent out my flat for a family for 2k+ for 2 yrs contract. Then I just travel alone and back in 2 yrs to recharge. Off again in 6 mths and back in 2 yrs etc... If do for 10 times, that will be 25 yrs in total! haha!
    did you mean 100K? 10K won't last long here in SG nowadays. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by glbong42

did you mean 100K? 10K won't last long here in SG nowadays. ;-)
    We talking abt going wholewide n my idea was to have 10k, rent out flat, then ok liao. Not ask u to spend 10k for rest of your life. Ha ha!
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Default Re: If no work or family commitment, how long is your dream trip before returning hom

I could travel happily until the end of my days .. full time travel as home is where ever I am at a given time. After nearly 50 years of travelling internationally it has lost none of it's enjoyment though I do hate the increased paranoia at airports etc.
    Last edited by Ian; 10th May 2012 at 12:40 AM.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

No family commitment, but have work and home to return after 3 to 6 weeks overseas is common
    It is a break away from work to take away boredom and refresh myself for work again once a year.
    After retirement, fit and capable to travel far and wide, I will stay longer to enjoy but still will be
    back home, a place where I rest with comfort to recuperate

I will save up loads of money and travel alone for 2 years! hope to cover as many countries as possible, esp europe and us. maybe along the way, meet overseas bf who loves travelling too hahaha. then travel even more

Well, I would never wish to come back and stay in Singapore if I can. I will move my whole family overseas, as there is just so much photos to take. Perhaps its just me, but I find it stifling here that I don't ever wish to take any photos.... Sigh! We stayed in the Uk for 1 year and it was just wonderful and free. My daughters love the spaces and cool climate.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Too long away alone can also be boring

For me, about 3 weeks -1 month is just nice

After that, come back, meet up with friends, do some freelance work for awhile to earn money for the next trip

A year. So that I may appreciate the beautiful seasonal variations of landscapes

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234