Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seek advice on printer

Default Re: Seek advice on printer

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    maybe this one?

product brochure

Other brands at this price range usually is using black cartridge + color cartridge which means if one color in the color cartridge run out then have to replace the whole color cartridge. This model on the other hand even though is entry level printer is using individual inks which presents costs savings. And usually, dedicated printers print photos faster then AIOs. Also if you dont print often, the ink have the economy version which sells about $10 a color.
    Thanks for the information!

Yes Laser print per piece is cheaper when you never added the hidden cost like Fuser unit, imaging kit, which need to be replace when it hit something like 8k pieces or less,

Laser quality can never beat the inkjet true photo quality, today Inkjet is very closed to Silver Halide print (print from Fuji Frontier minilab or Nortrisu Minilab)

Also Laser print do not last as long as inkjet print, probably if you left the laser print inside your car in a hot weather, you will see colour changes , even if you left it in the open , colour tend to change overtime

Inkjet printed is rated between 40 years to 200 years, The US Museum is using Epson Large Format Printer to do replica of all the famous painting which Epson Guarantee the print for colour Shifting

Quote Originally Posted by Greg0222 View Post
    Thanks for the information!
    Hi, if you are to print photo, you need inject printer. Laser quality is good for document but not sitable for high res photo print.

I still say any inject printer HP Canon most people comfortable, Epson, & other brand so long you get the latest inject with scanner or not the per inch resolution is high, you will get good result.

After saying that I must stress that you must study the manual very carefully. Most printer are not set to best optimum for photo quality printing. therefore you just print directly without adjusting the setting you may be disappointing with the result. So you go buy another newer printer will equally disappoint you again and again.

You must learn how to set the resolution, paper and vivd etc in order to get better print result.

Quote Originally Posted by jsohhl View Post
    Yes Laser print per piece is cheaper when you never added the hidden cost like Fuser unit, imaging kit, which need to be replace when it hit something like 8k pieces or less,

Laser quality can never beat the inkjet true photo quality, today Inkjet is very closed to Silver Halide print (print from Fuji Frontier minilab or Nortrisu Minilab)

Also Laser print do not last as long as inkjet print, probably if you left the laser print inside your car in a hot weather, you will see colour changes , even if you left it in the open , colour tend to change overtime

Inkjet printed is rated between 40 years to 200 years, The US Museum is using Epson Large Format Printer to do replica of all the famous painting which Epson Guarantee the print for colour Shifting
    Very interesting information! thanks for sharing. I think I will pick up a inkjet. At the end of the day, it's for own use and small number only.

Quote Originally Posted by pchengws View Post
    Hi, if you are to print photo, you need inject printer. Laser quality is good for document but not sitable for high res photo print.

I still say any inject printer HP Canon most people comfortable, Epson, & other brand so long you get the latest inject with scanner or not the per inch resolution is high, you will get good result.

After saying that I must stress that you must study the manual very carefully. Most printer are not set to best optimum for photo quality printing. therefore you just print directly without adjusting the setting you may be disappointing with the result. So you go buy another newer printer will equally disappoint you again and again.

You must learn how to set the resolution, paper and vivd etc in order to get better print result.
    Thank you for reminding. I will read the manual carefully for the setting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12