Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Does Pentax users use mainly the kit lenses or cheap primes?

  1. #41

    Default Re: Does Pentax users use mainly the kit lenses or cheap primes?

    [QUOTE=hotchoco1ate;6681528][QUOTE=Moonlightsg;6681283]
    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    ...
    Canon
    EF 16-35mm f2.8L USM - no RRP | $2080 (CP) | $2400 (MS) | $2220 (TCW, grey)
    EF 16-35mm f2.8L II USM - $2999 (RRP) | $2400 (JO, Mar09) | $2350 (MS, Apr10) | $2388 (SLRR, Dec09) | $2400 (CP-M, Mar10) $2380 (MS, w/ GST, May10)
    EF-S 17-55mm f2.8 IS USM - $1899 (RRP) | $1540 (MS, May10)$1530 (PA, w/ GST, Jun10)$1535 (MS, w/ GST, Jun10) |$1599 CP-P w/ GST Jul10

    Nikon
    AF-S 17-55mm f/2.8G IF-ED DX
    $1,930 (John, Sep08 - Xanadu)
    $2220.00 (without GST, CP, Oct09, JH)
    ...

    Yes considering the price of 14xx for the 16-50 its indeed cheaper. However there is no 2nd hand available due to lower number of ppl using pentax. I feel there is more value for 2nd hand items =)

    Btw just a question for pentax K-5 users. Why did you buy from emjay during the launch of k-5? I tot emjay sells at RRP? thats the reason why i initially thought that emjay was selling at street price. pardon my noobness

    And if i wanna try out the ergonomics of the k-5, i have to go to reputable shops to try right? With no obligation to buy is it possible to still test?
    I remember there are ppls selling their 16-55…
    But of cos you have to be fast… because everyone know it is one of the good lens to replace kits...

    I also have some old/ cheap prime lens too…
    I got a M42 50 1.4 @ $100 only…
    Also have the cheap DFA100mm…(i mean still cheaper than C&N but is a great lens)

    they pre-order their K-5 at much lower price then the RRP... but i no money so didn't buy...

  2. #42

    Default Re: Does Pentax users use mainly the kit lenses or cheap primes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlightsg View Post

    they pre-order their K-5 at much lower price then the RRP... but i no money so didn't buy...

    lets refrain from making such statements... its misleading and can cause misunderstandings.

    the price is competitive, but nothing like what you're insinuating.

    i think SLR Rev's price is very competitive as well.

  3. #43

    Default Re: Does Pentax users use mainly the kit lenses or cheap primes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlightsg View Post
    they pre-order their K-5 at much lower price then the RRP... but i no money so didn't buy...
    that's life, you shouldn't feel sour grapes about such thing.

  4. #44

    Default Re: Does Pentax users use mainly the kit lenses or cheap primes?

    i think moonlightsg is not being a sourgrape, he's just stating a fact..
    which is MJ gave something in return to the loyal supporters.

    and u guys really dont have to feel offended or defend MJ since there's neither falsifications nor accusations

  5. #45

    Default Re: Does Pentax users use mainly the kit lenses or cheap primes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlightsg View Post

    they pre-order their K-5 at much lower price then the RRP... but i no money so didn't buy...
    Quote Originally Posted by evolutioner View Post
    i think moonlightsg is not being a sourgrape, he's just stating a fact..
    which is MJ gave something in return to the loyal supporters.

    and u guys really dont have to feel offended or defend MJ since there's neither falsifications nor accusations
    emjay provided predictable supply of a high-demand items that was only available in limited quantities at a reasonable price, to its loyal supporters who pre-ordered and paid a deposit. that's it.

    suggesting that the item was sold at a "much lower price" is factually incorrect. i know because i bought one

    as far as i am concerned, i am neither offended nor defending emjay. i am just stating a fact.

  6. #46

    Default Re: Does Pentax users use mainly the kit lenses or cheap primes?

    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    lets refrain from making such statements... its misleading and can cause misunderstandings.

    the price is competitive, but nothing like what you're insinuating.

    i think SLR Rev's price is very competitive as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    emjay provided predictable supply of a high-demand items that was only available in limited quantities at a reasonable price, to its loyal supporters who pre-ordered and paid a deposit. that's it.

    suggesting that the item was sold at a "much lower price" is factually incorrect. i know because i bought one

    as far as i am concerned, i am neither offended nor defending emjay. i am just stating a fact.
    sorry to cause mis-understanding... i should say below RRP only not the street price... because TS think that the emjay only sell them at RRP...

    Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    that's life, you shouldn't feel sour grapes about such thing.
    ya... anyway i have no plan to upgrade, just want to get one more body when i save enough... and i don't mind it is K-x...
    Last edited by Moonlightsg; 13th November 2010 at 10:47 AM.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Queenstown
    Posts
    105

    Default Re: Does Pentax users use mainly the kit lenses or cheap primes?

    Emjay's prices are very high. I bought the 16-50mm from Alanphoto at Funan for under $1200 in Sept this year. I bought the 14mm also from Alanphoto early this year (Shriro's stock) for less than $900. The 14mm is really good - no distortion at all - when I shoot group or table shots, I'd use manual focus & set to infinity. Infinity is less than 4 feet - perfectly sharp pictures. Prefer to buy original Pentax lenses. Other makes do not have much choices with Pentax mount. Shop around to get the best prices.
    Last edited by Tonistein; 17th November 2010 at 01:41 AM.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Does Pentax users use mainly the kit lenses or cheap primes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonistein View Post
    Emjay's prices are very high. I bought the 16-50mm from Alanphoto at Funan for under $1200 in Sept this year. I bought the 14mm also from Alanphoto early this year (Shriro's stock) for less than $900. The 14mm is really good - no distortion at all - when I shoot group or table shots, I'd use manual focus & set to infinity. Infinity is less than 4 feet - perfectly sharp pictures. Prefer to buy original Pentax lenses. Other makes do not have much choices with Pentax mount. Shop around to get the best prices.
    the web-store sells at RRP. street price is usually better. and emjay, as the distri, can't be selling at a price that is in direct competition with the retailers right?

  9. #49
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: Does Pentax users use mainly the kit lenses or cheap primes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tonistein View Post
    Emjay's prices are very high. I bought the 16-50mm from Alanphoto at Funan for under $1200 in Sept this year. I bought the 14mm also from Alanphoto early this year (Shriro's stock) for less than $900. The 14mm is really good - no distortion at all - when I shoot group or table shots, I'd use manual focus & set to infinity. Infinity is less than 4 feet - perfectly sharp pictures. Prefer to buy original Pentax lenses. Other makes do not have much choices with Pentax mount. Shop around to get the best prices.
    There are older Pentax manual primes you can find in B&S or even in Pentaxforums or Pentaxuser or EvilBay for reasonable prices. Vivitar, Cosina, Ricoh, Chinon and others all have K-mount lenses for a reasonable price too.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •