Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 114

Thread: newbie on g12

  1. #21

    Default Re: newbie on g12







    best spider shot


  2. #22

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    some simple picture








  3. #23

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    simple car model








  4. #24

    Default Re: newbie on g12








  5. #25

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    GOSH !! Your closeups are indeed good !!

    It puts to shame all those who own lenscaps more expensive than your G12!!!
    Hahahahaha

    I've said this many times before, it's not the camera... it's what you can do with it !!
    Camera Store owners, and camera sales people would, of course, totally disagree with me..

    Keep it up wish4me. However, your "non closeup" shots need a lot of work though.

    Cheers

  6. #26

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    Quote Originally Posted by michael chick View Post
    GOSH !! Your closeups are indeed good !!

    It puts to shame all those who own lenscaps more expensive than your G12!!!
    Hahahahaha
    I've said this many times before, it's not the camera... it's what you can do with it !!
    Camera Store owners, and camera sales people would, of course, totally disagree with me..
    Keep it up wish4me. However, your "non closeup" shots need a lot of work though.
    Cheers
    = wow you the first one to say gosh ! thanks ! which one u said the ants,flower,spider or model car
    = dun let that say leh wait here no body wan friend me
    = agree in fact this is my first camera
    = not really your point of view i understand i saleman also leh
    = which one can you point out which one and say your point of view

  7. #27

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    All your closeups are splendid !!

    All your outdoors shots lack drama. One should say ANYTHING other than "OK-lor..."
    Composition & Exposure. (maybe a little Photoshop in today's context.
    I remember when my "Photoshop" was in the darkroom, and then with a physical brush, and "spotone", and "spotoff" retouching the pictures, before they were published.

    Here's one of mine


  8. #28

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    It is easy to be excited to keep shooting especially when new in this hobby or when one gets a new camera.

    To threadstarter, sorry to burst your bubble, but a lot of your shots will be considered snapshots. You need to work on your composition. Look at how other execute a similar scene and learn from there.

    Sometimes, one need to slow down a little. Think before you press the shutter. Shoot, review and reshoot.
    agree with this.

    also, something to note is that the g12 is definitely more pocketable than a pentax k-x or k-r. which means that you are more likely to have it with you - having a camera is better than having no camera at all, sometimes.

  9. #29

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    Quote Originally Posted by michael chick View Post
    All your closeups are splendid !!

    All your outdoors shots lack drama. One should say ANYTHING other than "OK-lor..."
    Composition & Exposure. (maybe a little Photoshop in today's context.
    I remember when my "Photoshop" was in the darkroom, and then with a physical brush, and "spotone", and "spotoff" retouching the pictures, before they were published.

    Here's one of mine

    drama u means ? something like your photo ?

    composition ?

    exposure ?

    u mind to take one of my picture n photoshop, so that i can see what u mean n learn fronm there thanks a million

  10. #30

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    It's not ONLY about colors.

    Look at your shot here


    and compare it with this one


    Drama is about composition. Once it's not there, no amount of Photoshop can cure...

    Hope this helps...
    Cheers

  11. #31

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    Quote Originally Posted by michael chick View Post
    It's not ONLY about colors.

    Look at your shot here


    and compare it with this one


    Drama is about composition. Once it's not there, no amount of Photoshop can cure...

    Hope this helps...
    Cheers
    Drama is about composition. Once it's not there, no amount of Photoshop can cure...

    = pardon me ok m.... let me put in mind your point of view n apply to my picture, i wanted to capture the light reflect on the river so i set f8 n expose for 8 sec wa la i got my picture so to improve my picture by keeping in mind what u said, i level the camera to capture 80% of water n 20% of land so i get more water with reflection n less building to create a better drama n compostion similar to your picture er... something like that right ?

    = your picture has been edited right ? the sky seem very blue , i get to c the drama in your picture, but i dun understand it seem the the background building r squeeze together n the bend inwards but it bring out the merlion how to do take this picture ?

    = on my g12 he he he please teach how to do it given the contraints it is prosumer camera,what setting should be use aperture ? shutter speed ? full telephoto or widest angle ?


    many thanks in advance

  12. #32

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    = pardon me ok m....
    MC: No problem. Always glad to help.

    let me put in mind your point of view n apply to my picture, i wanted to capture the light reflect on the river so i set f8 n expose for 8 sec wa la i got my picture so to improve my picture by keeping in mind what u said, i level the camera to capture 80% of water n 20% of land so i get more water with reflection n less building to create a better drama n compostion similar to your picture er... something like that right ?
    MC: Errr, no. You also need a point of focus. If the water reflections is what you wanted, then you could crop just above the shops. Right now I see sky, a of of sky, and hence, cannot understand what you want me to look at. Hence there is no need to always keep the standard aspect ratios of any picture all the time.
    It is not important what you show. What is MOST important, is what you DON'T.


    = your picture has been edited right ? the sky seem very blue , i get to c the drama in your picture, but i dun understand it seem the the background building r squeeze together n the bend inwards but it bring out the Merlion.
    MC: Only very slightly. I stitched 2 images together in Photoshop, and did a little selective dodging. Point of focus (nothing to do with sharp lens or not) is the key. All elements are vertically orientated, and the "vomit" of the Merlion breaks the vertical lines. Hence, your eye travels upwards, and the focus becomes the Merlion. I also placed the Merlion close enough to the center of the image for it to be immediately noticed. Does this make sense to you?


    how to do take this picture ?
    MC: 2 images, shot, and stitched with photoshop.


    = on my g12 he he he please teach how to do it given the contraints it is prosumer camera,what setting should be use aperture ?
    MC: I used to use a G9, so I'm quite familiar with the limitations of the G12.
    This Merlion was shot wide open with the 9-18mm Olympus lens. I could have probably achieved the same with the G9, with the 0.42x wide lens attachment.


    shutter speed ?
    MC: Damn slow. I forgot how many seconds. Maybe it was 10 seconds or something... I don't remember. I was testing the 9-18mm lens when I shot this.


    full telephoto or widest angle ?
    MC: Widest. I was practically standing on the pier alongside rude tourists who were so noisy, and kept bumping each other (including my camera) to get their "best angle"....


    man y thanks in advance
    MC: No problems. Hope I was of help

  13. #33

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    Quote Originally Posted by michael chick View Post
    = pardon me ok m....
    MC: No problem. Always glad to help.



    let me put in mind your point of view n apply to my picture, i wanted to capture the light reflect on the river so i set f8 n expose for 8 sec wa la i got my picture so to improve my picture by keeping in mind what u said, i level the camera to capture 80% of water n 20% of land so i get more water with reflection n less building to create a better drama n compostion similar to your picture er... something like that right ?

    MC: Errr, no. You also need a point of focus. If the water reflections is what you wanted, then you could crop just above the shops.
    Right now I see sky, a of of sky, and hence, cannot understand what you want me to look at. Hence there is no need to always keep the standard aspect ratios of any picture all the time.
    It is not important what you show. What is MOST important, is what you DON'T.


    =+ thanks for reply mate! is what you DON'T. u means to say if in the first place i have done what u said to show than u will not make this statement as the picture would have a focus point ( water reflection )n right composition hence u will understand i wanted to show light reflection on the water, m...... m i right ?


    = your picture has been edited right ? the sky seem very blue , i get to c the drama in your picture, but i dun understand it seem the the background building r squeeze together n the bend inwards but it bring out the Merlion.
    MC: Only very slightly. I stitched 2 images together in Photoshop, and did a little selective dodging. Point of focus (nothing to do with sharp lens or not) is the key. All elements are vertically orientated, and the "vomit" of the Merlion breaks the vertical lines. Hence, your eye travels upwards, and the focus becomes the Merlion. I also placed the Merlion close enough to the center of the image for it to be immediately noticed. Does this make sense to you?

    =+ yes it makes u use merlion as focus point in the whole picture n also place it in center point of view ah la mat i no friend in photography to show me how to use photoshop, what u mean by sitched 2 image together ?


    how to do take this picture ?
    MC: 2 images, shot, and stitched with photoshop.


    = on my g12 he he he please teach how to do it given the contraints it is prosumer camera,what setting should be use aperture ?
    MC: I used to use a G9, so I'm quite familiar with the limitations of the G12.
    This Merlion was shot wide open with the 9-18mm Olympus lens. I could have probably achieved the same with the G9, with the 0.42x wide lens attachment.

    =+ what the different between 0.42x and 0.75x which is good,i thinking of getting wide lens converter


    shutter speed ?
    MC: Damn slow. I forgot how many seconds. Maybe it was 10 seconds or something... I don't remember. I was testing the 9-18mm lens when I shot this.


    full telephoto or widest angle ?
    MC: Widest. I was practically standing on the pier alongside rude tourists who were so noisy, and kept bumping each other (including my camera) to get their "best angle"....


    man y thanks in advance
    MC: No problems. Hope I was of help
    =+ i got a $10 cleaning kit, got stain so i use blower blow than use brush brush,than use paper clean than use liquid on cloth clean, is this the right way

  14. #34

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    close enuf.... you forgot to blow with your mouth, without spitting at the lens


  15. #35

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    Quote Originally Posted by michael chick View Post
    close enuf.... you forgot to blow with your mouth, without spitting at the lens


    ha ha that a good one, it was wonderfull taking to u, buy car sell car insurance car loan do email me at godblessclarence@gmail.com if u need any advice ( this my field )

    thanks bro

  16. #36

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    when i saw photography have such a thing as light painting,gosh i was impress with it,little to my knowledge that g12 can do it, i had a go on it , it was fun , but i laugh at my self ah lat mat most camera can do it leh

    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by wish4me; 30th November 2010 at 02:56 PM.

  17. #37

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    my friend ask me take his watch so i snap snap snap while boss not in office





    Last edited by wish4me; 30th November 2010 at 04:38 PM.

  18. #38

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    no 1 water fall mini



    no 2 sand ( i wonder if the composition is right )( ha ha i just learn how to crop )



    no 3 bridge



    no 4 self reflection

    Last edited by wish4me; 2nd December 2010 at 11:40 AM.

  19. #39

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    Friend, Much better now.

    Number 3 is best of this lot.

    Cheers, and keep shooting !!!

  20. #40

    Default Re: newbie on g12

    Quote Originally Posted by michael chick View Post
    Friend, Much better now.

    Number 3 is best of this lot.

    Cheers, and keep shooting !!!
    thanks friend what goes thru your mind when u c 2 n 4

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •