Thread: Identify this poly course for me please~

Default Identify this poly course for me please~

I heard there's this course which teaches stuff like photo manipulation, 3D Modelling, web graphics and photography etc. Something like that la~ anyone knows what this course is? Please state exact name and the poly it is available in. Thanks~

Default Re: Identify this poly course for me please~

you created a account just for this? lol

TP - Visual Communication
    Even Hot Girls Fart

Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    you created a account just for this? lol

TP - Visual Communication
    Of course not~ I created this to find a job during my school holiday actually. My teachers say I'm good enough for event coverage, but apparently by the time 30 days is up, don't need to find liao =.= so might as well use it for something else. It's a huge club here~

Thanks for the info btw

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seezhijie View Post
    Of course not~ I created this to find a job during my school holiday actually. My teachers say I'm good enough for event coverage, but apparently by the time 30 days is up, don't need to find liao =.= so might as well use it for something else. It's a huge club here~

Thanks for the info btw
    You might want to market yourself with your portfolio... and start looking in the services offered, services wanted pages.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    You might want to market yourself with your portfolio... and start looking in the services offered, services wanted pages.
    but my portfolio's quite a huge file. around 14GB. not easy putting in websites

By portfolio, you mean ALL your works, or those good enough to attract potential clients? Just select the best to be posted on the web.

TRIM, TRIM, TRIM... the problem with most portfolios (photographers, designers etc) is that they are not selective enough. Select the best only. You many need to go through a few rounds of this. Many images will be similar to others -- be ruthless and select the ones that best portray a particular skill.

Then reduce your image sizes for upload. Pls don't upload full res DSLR files, even in JPEG. Your potential clients will get fed up waiting for images to download they will just leave your site. Frankly a 800 x 600 image is more than enough -- unless they're pixel peepers, who you probably don't want as clients.

If you have a friend whose judgement you trust, ask if he/she could go through your newly pruned and polished portfolio. Be receptive to comments. You will probably need to do more pruning.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwin Francis View Post
    TRIM, TRIM, TRIM... the problem with most portfolios (photographers, designers etc) is that they are not selective enough. Select the best only. You many need to go through a few rounds of this. Many images will be similar to others -- be ruthless and select the ones that best portray a particular skill.

Then reduce your image sizes for upload. Pls don't upload full res DSLR files, even in JPEG. Your potential clients will get fed up waiting for images to download they will just leave your site. Frankly a 800 x 600 image is more than enough -- unless they're pixel peepers, who you probably don't want as clients.

If you have a friend whose judgement you trust, ask if he/she could go through your newly pruned and polished portfolio. Be receptive to comments. You will probably need to do more pruning.
    thanks alot. i have just the right person to be my audience

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    By portfolio, you mean ALL your works, or those good enough to attract potential clients? Just select the best to be posted on the web.
    a few are selected. others i just chunk them in. oh and it contains 3D models and videos too, since i'm in a media CCA rather than just photography

Blog Entries

a few are selected. others i just chunk them in. oh and it contains 3D models and videos too, since i'm in a media CCA rather than just photography
    A portfolio is one that is flexible.

You only show work relevant to the job you are looking for. If you want shoot photos for money, then show your photo works.

If you want to cover events, show pictures of events you covered.

A portfolio is one that is flexible.

You only show work relevant to the job you are looking for. If you want shoot photos for money, then show your photo works.

If you want to cover events, show pictures of events you covered.
    What job can I get from landscape and nature photography? Or any photography not meant for coverage purposes

Blog Entries

What job can I get from landscape and nature photography? Or any photography not meant for coverage purposes
    You have to be really good enough to work in landscapes and nature... And need to travel to very remote locations and get pictures of rare animals/landscapes. Then maybe, and it is a big maybe, some magazine might make an offer to buy one or two images off you.

Seriously, a picture of MBS (for example) is not going to get you any significant traction.

In this line, most of the time, you don't pick the job. The job picks you.

You have to be really good enough to work in landscapes and nature... And need to travel to very remote locations and get pictures of rare animals/landscapes. Then maybe, and it is a big maybe, some magazine might make an offer to buy one or two images off you.

Seriously, a picture of MBS (for example) is not going to get you any significant traction.

In this line, most of the time, you don't pick the job. The job picks you.
    Knew it. So mostly are wedding, advertisement and freelance

ckckck, only 14Gb, so little
    I has around 250Gb occupied my HD, and around 80Gb on my laptop
    400D(RIP) | 50D | Sigma 12-24 F4.5-5.6 | Sigma 24-70 F2.8 HSM | Sigma 70-200 F2.8 HSM | NEX 5N+18-55