Thread: Technicolour

Default Technicolour

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
    Mainly composition and colour saturation (edited using curves in CS4) but any other pointers and observations are welcome

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
    I was going for a fashion-lifestyle feel, with vibrant and over-saturated colours and a nice big lens flare on the side to make things a little more interesting.

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
    The photograph was taken at the Royal Botanic Gardens in Sydney, Australia sometime in the early afternoon on a clear winter's day sometime in June when I was on vacation there with some friends. The shot was taken when I spied my friend adjusting her shoe and thought the pose pretty neat.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
    I think its a rather happy photograph and I like the vibrant colours and the way the lens flare turned out.

Default Re: Technicolour

I like this shot as well!
    unfortunately, there are a few distracting elements, such as your friend's pink bag on the ground, and the person in the background with the white/blue/pink striped jumper.

Otherwise it's a good shot. Yes I like the lens flare and the backlighting
    Exploring! :)

haha yeah i instantly noticed those distracting elements as well after i reviewed the photo but there was nothing i could do. if i ever get the chance to set this up again i'll be sure to get rid of the bag and random people haha.thanks for the pointers =)

Blog Entries

Love that multi color flare. Very old school... I like it.

thanks! it is pretty old-school eh. haven't seen many people do it these days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster03 View Post
    thanks! it is pretty old-school eh. haven't seen many people do it these days.
    It is more from the old film days... nowadays people tend to like to do the washed out flare thingy.

cool rimlighting

that yellow on the left and right is jumping right out of the picture, i would tone it down.you can lose the bag, it is more of a distraction than anything else. so is the dude with his pink bag in the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    It is more from the old film days... nowadays people tend to like to do the washed out flare thingy.
    Yes totally! I noticed a lot of people using washed-out flares. Like..everywhere...

That's why I wanted things to be a little different

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    cool rimlighting

that yellow on the left and right is jumping right out of the picture, i would tone it down.you can lose the bag, it is more of a distraction than anything else. so is the dude with his pink bag in the distance.
    oh yeah...didn't notice the yellow before. thanks!

and I completely agree with your comment about the bag and the dude. but I think its a little hard to get rid of them in this photo...the next time I get a chance to take a similar shot will try to minimize these distractions.

cheers.

Blog Entries

this is interesting... will try learn this effect someday

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    this is interesting... will try learn this effect someday
    its quite straightforward! just a matter of positioning yourself in relation to the sun and the model. go try! =D

very cool idea. I like it.

thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    cool rimlighting

agree. ts, you have to be aware of what is in your frame when the shot is taken. Interesting colours though.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

yup. i'll bear that in mind.

love it...
    LORD of THe NoObs
    FLICKR

hey thanks! =)

I like it !