Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Lenses die die must get for D70

aiyoh, there are NO lenses which you die die must get. Most of the lenses mentioned are nice to have, but you wouldn't die if you don't get them. And depending on your style of photography, you might have as much as use for a pro-level f2.8 lens as a dog with an extra tail. Take it slowly and explore with the kit lens first. Identify areas in which you are interested and take it from there.

You do NOT need a AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 or a AF-S 70-200mm f2.8 VR. They are good status symbols though.

Quote Originally Posted by teckiepc
    WOW! that's really reasonable! seems like really good deal!

any experience with tokina or tamron?
    I guess you're referring to lenses of the same focal lengths cos manufacturers have both good and bad models in their inventory. Tamron has something with similar quality to the Sigma lense I mentioned. The model is LD Macro or something like that. Magixshoe is selling but it's for a Canon mount.

I've not seen and used a Tokina lens with similar focal length.

Quote Originally Posted by justarius
    aiyoh, there are NO lenses which you die die must get. Most of the lenses mentioned are nice to have, but you wouldn't die if you don't get them. And depending on your style of photography, you might have as much as use for a pro-level f2.8 lens as a dog with an extra tail. Take it slowly and explore with the kit lens first. Identify areas in which you are interested and take it from there.

You do NOT need a AF-S 17-55mm f2.8 or a AF-S 70-200mm f2.8 VR. They are good status symbols though.
    I agreed with what justarus mentioned, try to explore and identify the areas in which you are interested in and from there you will know what you really need.

yup...i agree tt there are no die die muz get lens...

prehaps a 50mm f1.8 and a mid range zoom like a 28-80 or a 24-80 would suffice...
    even getting the zooms at f2.8 wouldnt cost u alot...

no need die die buy nikkor also....sigma and tokina also work pretty well....

Hmmm... No lar... Where got die die must buy one... Buy what you need only what... Hmmm... Maybe me easier to satisfied... hehe... Got 2 - 3 lens to cover the range I want can liao....

Deregistered

DIE DIE MUST HAVE -

The pair of lenses supposed in your skull, and the PROPERLY FUNCTION processor behind them.

heh heh totally agree with all your comments, but then have always wondered what are the most commonly used lenses! would be interesting to know what are your most well used lenses! especially since most of you have action (candid) shots of people (as seen in some of the contributors sample sites) and that's what i'm interested in shooting!
    so time to bring out the comments and flood me!

Deregistered

Dude, you still don't get it?

There's no most commonly used len, for me it can be the 50mm. For others it can be the 70-200VR, or 17-35 or 24-120VR.

It mainly depends on your style of shooting. I use a 50mm to streetshoot, some prefer 28-70, some prefer 24-120VR, some prefer 70-200VR. It's really different. If you're happy, you can street shoot with 500/4 or even 10.5.. it's up to your needs & style.

Quote Originally Posted by teckiepc
    heh heh totally agree with all your comments, but then have always wondered what are the most commonly used lenses! would be interesting to know what are your most well used lenses! especially since most of you have action (candid) shots of people (as seen in some of the contributors sample sites) and that's what i'm interested in shooting!
    so time to bring out the comments and flood me!

Even if we all shoot the same thing, we still wouldn't be using the same lenses. Different people see things differently and thus capture subjects differently. How would you like your images to look like? You find your photographic preferences with your vision and ideas, not with the lenses other people use. Cameras and lenses are just tools you make use to capture your ideas and thoughts. If you think your portraits are best captured using a fisheye, then so be it. Its what you think that counts, not what others use.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12