Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: not sharp

Default not sharp

why i use F13 le pic still not sharp de? with tripod,mirror lockup,timer and IS off??

Default Re: not sharp

you probably need to provide a lot more details...

your lens, your subject and more...

Post a pic so we can advice.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkchua79 View Post
    why i use F13 le pic still not sharp de? with tripod,mirror lockup,timer and IS off??
    what's the shutter speed and what's the subject.

Are you french? "le pic"? From what I can read there are many things that are not sharp, and it's probably not the lens.

So please post a sample pic and maybe we can help you more.
    Alpha

Why do people keep on insisting that architects and/or contractors should provide a quote based on a miserable declaration of

"build me a house. It has to have many rooms. Some rooms need to be 13m square, and as for the super-duper minor details ... never de mind AAAhhhhhh.

No need show peekchure of what si mik what house I like lah!

Marnie haw much AHHHH???
    "

PLEASE provide EXIX details and a sample PHOTOGRAPH if you would like members to assist.

Depending on lens, F13 doesn't mean your images will be sharp...it is just the depth of field has increased. Otherwise you can shoot at F22 to get even sharper images.

Usually I would avoid going beyond F11 as diffraction would kick in and affecting IQ. Anyway we would need a picture from you before more conclusions can be made.

One more possibility: where is your focus point of the subject?

probably just a case of mis-focus...
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    Otherwise you can shoot at F22 to get even sharper images.
    Incorrect. Diffraction sets in.
    Alpha

Blog Entries

Depending on lens, F13 doesn't mean your images will be sharp...it is just the depth of field has increased. Otherwise you can shoot at F22 to get even sharper images.

Usually I would avoid going beyond F11 as diffraction would kick in and affecting IQ. Anyway we would need a picture from you before more conclusions can be made.

One more possibility: where is your focus point of the subject?
    HAR??????!!!

Diffraction is also called "small aperture diffraction". If happens when the aperture is too small. Usually any aperture smaller than F16 (bigger F number) on a APS-C sensor camera, diffraction starts to set in and you start losing sharpness...

Please. If you don't know the subject matter, or not sure, best to keep your mouth shut. It is ok to not know stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    HAR??????!!!

Diffraction is also called "small aperture diffraction". If happens when the aperture is too small. Usually any aperture smaller than F16 (bigger F number) on a APS-C sensor camera, diffraction starts to set in and you start losing sharpness...

Please. If you don't know the subject matter, or not sure, best to keep your mouth shut. It is ok to not know stuff...
    Read his whole post again...?
    he meant that DOF increases along with the aperture number and not the sharpness, if not we'll all shoot at f22 to get the maximum sharpness.

I hope you get what he originally meant and what i mean
    Nikon D90 | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post

PLEASE provide EXIX details and a sample PHOTOGRAPH if you would like members to assist.
    EXIF....

Quote Originally Posted by AlvinOMG View Post
    he meant that DOF increases along with the aperture number and not the sharpness, if not we'll all shoot at f22 to get the maximum sharpness.

and it is also a fact that as you stop down more, you get more diffraction.

so you can't just pull it out of the equation and say that it is correct in theory... because we're talking about reality here.

Somehow I find that the 2nd part of these 2 statements contradicts the 1st. You're saying a small aperture of f/13 only increases DOF and not sharpness, but if one wants to achieve even sharper images then one should shoot at an even smaller aperture of f/22??

FYI, shooting at small aperture such as f/22 will result in loss in sharpness due to diffraction.

Anyway TS, a picture paints a thousand words. Perhaps a sample here will be helpful. Too much speculation going on.
    5D3|1740L|70200F4L|40

Blog Entries

OK... i misread part of his post. My bad.

But do know, part of the "sharpness" factors, is focus. The deeper the DOF, more things will be in focus, making the more of the picture sharper.

But still diffraction do not kick in beyond F11 for most DSLRs. For APS-C diffraction mostly kicks in with apertures smaller than F16. For FF, you can stop down even more before diffraction kicks in. For small sensor prosumer PnS cameras, diffraction can kick in with apertures as small as F11.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 11th November 2010 at 09:52 AM.

still no sign of TS... i'm wondering why TS specifically chose F13?
    Its just a box ... ... [ Ō ▀ ]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by newghost View Post
    F13 mah = Friday the 13th...

Halloween mood I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    But still diffraction do not kick in beyond F11 for most DSLRs. For APS-C diffraction mostly kicks in with apertures smaller than F16. For FF, you can stop down even more before diffraction kicks in. For small sensor prosumer PnS cameras, diffraction can kick in with apertures as small as F11.
    For p&s, diffraction sets in even earlier around f4-5.6. 4/3 starts showing diffraction around f11. How dare you imply that 4/3 is prosumer p&s!!

Anyways for those interested, can read this: http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...hotography.htm
    Just photograph what you think is beautiful - that is all that matters. ~ Wing Shya ~
    .:Flickr:.

Quote Originally Posted by newghost View Post
    Maybe this thread was moved to newbies corner & TS found the thread lost from origin.

Quote Originally Posted by kirkchua79 View Post
    Have you consider that tripod itself might shake? The ground where the tripod stands may not be stable? Even an itsy bitsy unnoticeable movement can be the cause.
    Last edited by coolthought; 11th November 2010 at 03:44 PM.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast