Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best price for EF-S15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM in Singapore

Blog Entries

Default Re: Best price for EF-S15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by vaniudhay View Post
    Thanx guys for the advice... Atlast i bought my 1st DSLR after abt a month os scouting around.. Bought Canon EOS 550D kit with EF-S 18-135mm f1:3 3.5-5.6 IS..Costs $1495 in SLR-R... Also bought EF 50mm f1.8 II for $60 in the online warranty promo.. & B+W UV+Haze filter for 85$..

Is it good to buy a 3rd party battery ? Canon extra battery costs 75$ so me+husband decided to buy later.. They din't have the ordinary blower there to clean the lens...they showed us Blower+Brush+? all-in-one for 24$...so din buy that too... when we asked abt lens hood,he said don have & its not a must.... any suggestions ?
    Congrats.

Personally I stick to original batteries.

Blower I am using a Giottos Rocket.

I would suggest a lens hood. You can get all these at many camera shops. TK is one, or OP on 6th floor Sim Lim Sq.

Thanx guys for the advice... Atlast i bought my 1st DSLR after abt a month os scouting around.. Bought Canon EOS 550D kit with EF-S 18-135mm f1:3 3.5-5.6 IS..Costs $1495 in SLR-R... Also bought EF 50mm f1.8 II for $60 in the online warranty promo.. & B+W UV+Haze filter for 85$..

Is it good to buy a 3rd party battery ? Canon extra battery costs 75$ so me+husband decided to buy later.. They din't have the ordinary blower there to clean the lens...they showed us Blower+Brush+? all-in-one for 24$...so din buy that too... when we asked abt lens hood,he said don have & its not a must.... any suggestions ?
    I have a similar setup as what you have bought and i also bought a 3rd Party phottix battery which works well for me but at 1/3 the price of the original canon battery.

Lens hood is to protect your lens in case you knock it, its good to have but not a must.
    Current: 550D + EFS 18-135mm IS + EF 50mm f1.8 II

Congrats.
    Get a good blower like the one DD123 is using. Don't get the blower with brush.
    I second sticking with original batteries.
    You got the 50 f1.8 at a very good price.
    It is good to get a hood for your lens. Check out the mass sellers. Saw someone selling it.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Congrats.

Personally I stick to original batteries.

Blower I am using a Giottos Rocket.

I would suggest a lens hood. You can get all these at many camera shops. TK is one, or OP on 6th floor Sim Lim Sq.
    Coolthought - 冷静思考 - クールだ http://xaa.xanga.com/0aba0666d143253.../t35917343.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    If TS cannot even carry a second lens where shall (s)he hide a laptop? Internet cafes usually have CD/DVD burn services. Just let them copy everything to a DVD.
    ya actually thats true.. but i don't know, sometimes people travel becos of work reasons will have a small netbook with them to check emails etc.. like my dad brings his all the time..

so the netbook is like a necessity while carrying more camera lens may not be the priority?

ya, but since TS bought the kit 2 le, then no worries le.. just go out n shoot~!
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

Get original batteries. Not sure about your type, some are chipped in a way that 3rd party batteries without chip giving incorrect or no charge status information. In terms of capacity 3rd party ones are sometimes on par, sometimes below. But never better, regardless what funky numbers they print on the battery.
    Giotto Rocket Blower, it looks like a rocket. Don't accept anything else. Will be below $20, I guess. To me a lens hood is more important than any filter. Two accidents, two times the lens hood caught the blow. The hood is still fine, the lens also. Filters would have cracked already. Your B+W is perfect, no worries. For the hood check with the shops whether they have stock.
    EOS

Smile Re: Best price for EF-S15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Get original batteries. Not sure about your type, some are chipped in a way that 3rd party batteries without chip giving incorrect or no charge status information. In terms of capacity 3rd party ones are sometimes on par, sometimes below. But never better, regardless what funky numbers they print on the battery.
    Giotto Rocket Blower, it looks like a rocket. Don't accept anything else. Will be below $20, I guess. To me a lens hood is more important than any filter. Two accidents, two times the lens hood caught the blow. The hood is still fine, the lens also. Filters would have cracked already. Your B+W is perfect, no worries. For the hood check with the shops whether they have stock.
    Yeah... we r gonna stick to original batteries.. & lens hood... & GR blower...
    550D comes with 500D Instructions guide...?
    Cud read only during my kid's naptime...he is very much interested in the EOS..

Smile Re: Best price for EF-S15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by enzeru21 View Post
    so the netbook is like a necessity while carrying more camera lens may not be the priority?

ya, but since TS bought the kit 2 le, then no worries le.. just go out n shoot~!
    Yeah... need to deicide whether to carry the laptop or more SD cards...

Yeah... need to deicide whether to carry the laptop or more SD cards...
    it really depends on ur priorities..

and how important the photos are.. and how careful you are.. and how safe you are.. and actually alot of different things could play a part..

so just be careful.. while enjoying..
    enzeru21 Canon 500D |Tamron17-50mm f/2.8| Sigma30mm f/1.4 | 580EX II
    mylightedreams

550D comes with 500D Instructions guide...?
    Cud read only during my kid's naptime...he is very much interested in the EOS..
    No, 550D comes with 550D manual Alternatively you can download the manual from Canon US website.
    EOS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12