Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678

Thread: More slashing

Default Re: More slashing

I believe parents play a big part in a child's upbringing.

I've had buddies from really poor & broken families but they are doing very well in their careers currently

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    so many post, yet no one has put the responsibility to the family.
    Are parents off the hook nowadays?
    Parents are partly to be blamed too. But to be frank, nowadays teenagers are pretty rebellious too, even if the parents punished them, be it caning or grounded, it may or may not help change the behavior of the teenagers. It very much depends on the teenagers themselves on differentiating between what are correct things to do and what are not. Ofcourse, with parents' guidance and patience play an important part to guide the teenagers to go the right path.

When I was in secondary school, there were also gangsters in my school, and some are my classmates. Well, I have chosen not to follow or tag along with them. Bottomline is depend on individual.
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

Quote Originally Posted by happyfrog View Post
    I think too much emphasis has been put into academic grades. So much so that the students believe there isn't any other avenues left for them if their grades are bad.

I believe education only serve to prepare people to become workers. Entrepreneurship and risk taking are often discouraged. See what happens when you do things differently in school? Like speaking your mind? You get scolded and get aligned back to the mainstream. I guess successful people are the ones taking the path less taken by the majority.

Schools are just factories producing workers to produce more products and work for the rich.

So, when these students can't conform to the standards set for work... they are cast away like spoilt goods.

Our education system has to recognize that there are many other avenues other than just joining the mainstream workforce.
    True
    I strongly agree with you.

Unfortunately, many school principals want to make their school ranking goes up so they may expel students with poor academic grades and those who like to skip classes.

Many years ago, I saw a news article in Strait times about the principal of Si Ling Sec. Sch.
    He took in students with poor academic grades, whom are expelled from other schools, because he fear they may end up as gangsters. I hope other school principals will follow his example.

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    True
    I strongly agree with you.

Unfortunately, many school principals want to make their school ranking goes up so they may expel students with poor academic grades and those who like to skip classes.

Many years ago, I saw a news article in Strait times about the principal of Si Ling Sec. Sch.
    He took in students with poor academic grades, whom are expelled from other schools, because he fear they may end up as gangsters. I hope other school principals will follow his example.
    Schools expelling students just to push up school rankings? How low can our education system get? Fortunately not all are bad apples.

There's a place in KL, called Jinjang which is infamous for its triads.
    The secondary school there used to have a bad name until a new principal came in and cleaned up the place: saving those that can be saved and expelling the hardcore "no medicine to cure" types.
    I heard he even went to talk to the triad bosses to leave his students alone.

Unfortunately after he retired the place went down again.

Schools expelling students just to push up school rankings? How low can our education system get? Fortunately not all are bad apples.
    I'm not sure about expelling back many years ago when I was in school, I was from Normal A, I cant remember if it was the first week in Sec 5 or the end of Sec 4, the principal walked in & told us to leave.....

He told us he didnt want the Sec 5 students pulling down the rankings of the entire school

if you are not doing well in the elite school , they will ask you to take the exams as private candidate, so that your contribution won't affect the school.

The school should serve to help the students. Not the other way round. Not the students serving to push up the school's name, just so the principals look good.

I think the education system should severely demerit the school for every student they expel or reject on such selfish grounds.

Demerit the school, are you joking?

garment gives funding to school which can perform. no performance no fund. no fund no new computer, blah, blah, blah. so to be principal als no fun.

just like sports - shooting get gold medals, next day it was reported that garment will give fund to shooting. triathlon no medal - garment close thier eyes and ask them to eat grass.

btw the policies makers should be heartlanders living in HDB. not those scholars who is living in heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by jopel View Post
    Demerit the school, are you joking?

garment gives funding to school which can perform. no performance no fund. no fund no new computer, blah, blah, blah. so to be principal als no fun.

just like sports - shooting get gold medals, next day it was reported that garment will give fund to shooting. triathlon no medal - garment close thier eyes and ask them to eat grass.
    This system is crap.. then the ppl who perform badly will never get to improve? Nobody investing in them? Just leave them to rot?

This system is crap.. then the ppl who perform badly will never get to improve? Nobody investing in them? Just leave them to rot?
    sorry, are you from singapore. If so either you are very young or you have lost torch with what happening around you.

this is the cruel reality of our system - merciless. fall from grace and fall from society these youths will search for their identities and significant in other means.

I was previously from Ngee Ann Sec School. First batch of students, principal Bob Koh. What an a**hole, hated him.

in the end, he promoted to be RI principal smlj..... Never forget that day he came in & told all the sec 5NA students to just quit school & go ITE, so that it wouldnt bring the rankings down................................

Anyway, back to the topic. I hope the parang welding retards get what they deserve. They all came from the same common school called retards international

I cant imagine myself coming down my block late at night for a cig & then kena surrounded by barely legal idiots asking if I'm from a gang, say yes or no also kena hack. Think I gotta bring down my gold club, wood club would be best when I go down for a cig
    Last edited by Royale With Cheese; 16th November 2010 at 01:24 PM.

sorry, are you from singapore. If so either you are very young or you have lost torch with what happening around you.
    i guess i'm just never involved nor aware of such school politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post

Anyway, back to the topic. I hope the parang welding retards get what they deserve. They all came from the same common school called retards international
    can't totally blame them cos this is the by-product of an unforgiving society. Your choice of words reflect that gracious-less trait.

And I seriously thought those gangsters are extinct. Only left with small hooligans wannabes. Looks like the wannabes has level up just like Mafia Wars in Facebook. XD
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

can't totally blame them cos this is the by-product of an unforgiving society. Your choice of words reflect that gracious-less trait.
    I grew up in a school filled with "gangsters", one couple of years died of heroin overdose, a couple got hospitalised for fights, some are serving their sentence. One got gunned down in thailand by rivals etc.

I was friends with them but never joined them in their activities. One has to have a straight mind really.

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    Looks like the wannabes has level up just like Mafia Wars in Facebook. XD
    oh yah, nowaday gangsters exchange words on facebook, they dont exchange bullets or fists.
    Objection !!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3678