Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast

Thread: More slashing

Default Re: More slashing

Quote Originally Posted by amateur_photographer View Post
    i seriously hope that your family members will get hacked to death by one of those gangsters.
    When that happen, please post here your point of view again.
    it has been argued that life imprisonment actually costs less than serving out a death sentence. because of all the procedures and appeals that take place in a death sentence. an eye for an eye makes the world go blind. and yes i actually believe in having a freedom to speak without being personally attacked. so please keep your language at check.
    Gripped A500 kit | Tokina 28-70 2.6-2.8 | 50 1.8 | Minolta 70-210 4 | HVL-42AM

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    It may temporarily affect the resale value of property in Bukit Panjang.
    In the long term, is anybody's guess.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_602769.html
    In fact, I believe such so-call triad recruiting outside schools does not take place only in Bt Panjang, but every part of Singapore or even other parts of the world. It just depends whether the police force wants to get their butts off their warm chairs to start checking or clamping down all these public threats proactively, rather than when a serious crime took place, then they start wayang and start patrolling the place more often.
    Last edited by Dynam0; 15th November 2010 at 05:04 AM.

i seriously hope that your family members will get hacked to death by one of those gangsters.
    There may be retribution for making evil curse on others. I believe no one wants any bad things to befall on their family members, relatives or friends. So no point making such unneeded comment

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    curious............care to show us which country where school hooliganism, bullying and gangsterism does not exist?
    I believe most people say about education failure, cos there's few avenues for the less academically inclined to be successful in life. Certain situations beyond their control caused them to have poor grades. They are removed from schools cos of their poor grades. Have nowhere to go, low self esteem (perhaps?) then get into wrong company and led astray by gangsters.

Or they themselves have a violent streak due to family matters, or simply watching too much violent stuff on mass media.

Quote Originally Posted by redstone View Post
    I believe most people say about education failure, cos there's few avenues for the less academically inclined to be successful in life. Certain situations beyond their control caused them to have poor grades. They are removed from schools cos of their poor grades. Have nowhere to go, low self esteem (perhaps?) then get into wrong company and led astray by gangsters.

Or they themselves have a violent streak due to family matters, or simply watching too much violent stuff on mass media.
    I think too much emphasis has been put into academic grades. So much so that the students believe there isn't any other avenues left for them if their grades are bad.

I believe education only serve to prepare people to become workers. Entrepreneurship and risk taking are often discouraged. See what happens when you do things differently in school? Like speaking your mind? You get scolded and get aligned back to the mainstream. I guess successful people are the ones taking the path less taken by the majority.

Schools are just factories producing workers to produce more products and work for the rich.

So, when these students can't conform to the standards set for work... they are cast away like spoilt goods.

Our education system has to recognize that there are many other avenues other than just joining the mainstream workforce.

So do you think it is '人之初,性本善’ or '人之初,性本恶'?
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta93 View Post
    it has been argued that life imprisonment actually costs less than serving out a death sentence. because of all the procedures and appeals that take place in a death sentence. an eye for an eye makes the world go blind. and yes i actually believe in having a freedom to speak without being personally attacked. so please keep your language at check.
    agree with u here.

but i do believe in our local capital punishment way.
    no such thing as 20 yrs wait for all appeals n stays to run out.
    Last edited by bengchiat; 15th November 2010 at 12:11 PM.

人之初,性本恶

yet to see a baby who display goodness without being taught.
    Last edited by bengchiat; 15th November 2010 at 11:55 AM.

Another slashing?
    http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking...ry_602767.html

wtf.............
    Last edited by Royale With Cheese; 15th November 2010 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Royale With Cheese View Post

Yah, read this report on the newspaper. This round is a group of women huntum a woman.
    What the hell is going on lately in Singapore
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    Yah, read this report on the newspaper. This round is a group of women huntum a woman.
    This is getting crazy... machiam WWIII

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta93 View Post
    Deterrence is the best weapon against crime. Set very grave consequences to offenders, so no one would ever think of doing it. Rather have death sentence for murder than people slashing people out of anger often, knowing they would "only" get few years jail.

Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    Seeing these reports, I worry for younger family members who might be innoccent-ly attack by such retards

Singapore is becoming as dangerous as any other city.

Something must have went wrong a long time ago. A crack in the superstructure of the society.

why would u wish that? against capital punishment is not a sin.

She suffered multiple slashes on her face, arms and legs, and was sent to the hospital.

Her two male friends were also injured while trying to protect her.

so many similar incidents lately, must be the v blood.
    Last edited by ninelives; 15th November 2010 at 03:09 PM.
    Objection !!!

so many post, yet no one has put the responsibility to the family.
    Are parents off the hook nowadays?

why not just blame the parang?

the govt maybe too soft on crime, old methods are not effective on this "ya ya" generation, the people have forgotten a place called "Changi Chalets" and THE LOVELY CANE...

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    so many post, yet no one has put the responsibility to the family.
    Are parents off the hook nowadays?
    yes, parents are to blame as well. but thing is the parents of these kids are also in the system too. usually from the lower class families.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 25678 LastLast