Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: More slashing

Default Re: More slashing

Impressionable kids.
    Arrest the top 5 leaders in the gang and detain them without trial for 20 years.
    If they cannot control their young kiddie gang members, then they are not fit to be the gang's leaders.
    For the kids who slash, cane 24 strokes, prison 50 years.
    For the kids who murdered Darren Ng, all of them death sentence by hanging.

Don't send wrong message...like $50 fine only.

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    Sometimes...I see the way some teenagers behave. I wonder are they born rebellious, are raised differently or exposed to the dark side by friends. How can someone so young be so rebellious? When I am young, I am not exactly goody 2 shoes but would never resort to carrying knife out and slash people. End of the day, these young mind do not know they are being manipulated by adults to do sinister things that they will regret later in life. When I don't do well in my studies, I already regret so much now. I cannot imagine those who go around slashing others.
    i would like to highlight. last time, old bird will fight while the younger will sit back and learn. now the oldbird will sit back and watch while the younger one go fight.. basically the world is getting more brutal

i feel very sad for the parents of those kids. so difficult to bring them up; and they end their path this way.. do you think we should give them a 2nd chance?

Ever personally heard arguments between colleagues in polish sector, asking the other to "find out" who he is on the outside. Now that's connection ! Oh well, that was so many years ago....

Tonight is so quiet, did not see usual cycling groups in Coastal Road except for a bunch of studios looking cycling youth checked by police....News spread that fast ah ,maybe afraid of breaking their training speed which can be disastrous ? Got the seventh month feel...

Quote Originally Posted by kwttan View Post
    loitering, shouting and playing skateboard
    None of the above is a crime

You are lucky the police didn't charge you with abuse of phone number 999

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Impressionable kids.
    Arrest the top 5 leaders in the gang and detain them without trial for 20 years.
    Sometimes that may not be the best solution. You arrest the top 5, those underneath will fight it out to take over. Better to arrest the next 5 in line instead.

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    i would like to highlight. last time, old bird will fight while the younger will sit back and learn. now the oldbird will sit back and watch while the younger one go fight.. basically the world is getting more brutal

i feel very sad for the parents of those kids. so difficult to bring them up; and they end their path this way.. do you think we should give them a 2nd chance?
    I thot all the while, the young birds have to fight to prove themselves.

This society have to be forgiving leh...else these people will keep going back to their gangs. Unless there is another island where you can send them all to. That island would really be survival island.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Boy View Post
    Ever personally heard arguments between colleagues in polish sector, asking the other to "find out" who he is on the outside.
    Wah...next time open car wash, mama shop, sell newspaper, etc have to check whether the floor has a red box with numbers in them.
    Last edited by ManWearPants; 10th November 2010 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post

It is a group/gang of teenagers close to 10. If watch the news, residents also complain of group of teenagers loitering around the area.So now what happened, someone got slashed.
    The MP in my area also need to reply to my email complaint to inform me he will work closely with the police to monitor the situation.
    The police can charge me anytime they wish if they think I abuse.
    Last edited by kwttan; 10th November 2010 at 11:47 PM.
    D700 * 70-200 F/2.8 VRII * 24-120 F/4 * 50 F/1.4G * SB900
    你敬我一尺,我尊你一丈.

which is worse? the gang who fight it out in the streets or the white collar sponsors who bank rolled their activities.

Impressionable kids.
    If they cannot control their young kiddie gang members, then they are not fit to be the gang's leaders.

Harsh....but I agree for my children's sake.

In the first place, why do the police keeps emphasizing to those commuters on MRT to keep a lookout for people with strange behavior and bags that are left unattended? Basically is to take precaution against possible terrorist attack!

IMO, there is nothing wrong with what kwttan has done by reporting to the police of the group of rowdy teenagers in the public. I will do the same if I see such teenagers behaving in such manner in the public or at my block.

Which country are you in? By the laws of our fair island, any group of more than 3 loitering in a public area is an offense and causing a public nuisance with noise is also an offense.

its 5 actually. and loitering is v general, they have to be doing something suspicious that involves the use of criminal force i think. only with that conditions it is an illegal assembly.
    Gripped A500 kit | Tokina 28-70 2.6-2.8 | 50 1.8 | Minolta 70-210 4 | HVL-42AM

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta93 View Post
    its 5 actually. and loitering is v general, they have to be doing something suspicious that involves the use of criminal force i think. only with that conditions it is an illegal assembly.
    the laws have amended i think, 1 can be charge for unlawful assembly too

DAng it, i thought Canon or Olympus SLASH Prices.....

Impressionable kids.

Why without trial, scared they pull the tree branch defence ah

Quote Originally Posted by TheChef View Post
    Punish them severely. Murderers should be hanged even if they are teenagers. This should work.
    I agree.

Many westerns say our laws are harsh, actually I think our laws very lenient, should be a lot harsher.

Last time when we all young, do something wrong, parents whack us jialak jialak, go to school, teacher see, ask what happen, if kid confess, teacher will agree parents are right, whack the naughty boy again jialak jialak, or if teacher punish kid, kid go home and tell, parent will punish again one more time, parents and teachers in cooperation. We all grew up this old school way to be civilized people with strong values of whats right and wrong, from white collar doctors to the market butcher.

Now is the opposite, kids do wrong, parents whack, go to school, teacher call Police say parent child abuse. If teacher whack, kids go home, parents write to minister, say teacher abusive.

And I dont believe all those yellow ribbon nonsense. And nowadays do evil crime, wait a few years can have criminal record auto erase, what the thing government is thinking? All these things promote the impression that break the law nevermind sure got second chance, kill and rape first, repent later. Prison warden dare to give extra cane, sue garment for quick money.

Face palm.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Quote Originally Posted by sjackal View Post
    I agree.
    Many westerns say our laws are harsh, actually I think our laws very lenient, should be a lot harsher.
    Harsher laws does not necessary work. In their criminal career path the harsher punishment they get from the laws add to their status. From Boy Home to prison is a promotion to them.

Now is the opposite, kids do wrong, parents whack, go to school, teacher call Police say parent child abuse. If teacher whack, kids go home, parents write to minister, say teacher abusive.
    When their children get into trouble and require Beyond Parental Control, they blamed the society.

And I dont believe all those yellow ribbon nonsense. And nowadays do evil crime, wait a few years can have criminal record auto erase, what the thing government is thinking? All these things promote the impression that break the law nevermind sure got second chance, kill and rape first, repent later. Prison warden dare to give extra cane, sue garment for quick money.
    Yellow ribbon are more for the less hardcore prisoners. Then again they are some hardcore that really turn around for good and even contribute to the society.

http://www.asiaone.com/News/Educatio...219-50330.html

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    'At times, they would hurl Hokkien vulgarities at each other in the wee hours of the morning,' - Ms Stella Koh, a resident who has lived in Block 418 for six years. Residents in the area say the place is a popular hangout for the groups of youngsters who display rowdy behaviour. Many of them who are in their late teens also sleep overnight in the nearby playground.

and no one call the police?
    police also sleep at late hours...how many of us can see police patroling late nite? they gone missing after 3am...

This gang violence is related to gang territory.

369 is a very old gang.
    369 is a triad...sadly...im ashame for being Malays that Malays have been involved in triad activities lately...

when i was a police regular late 80s-early 90s...most caught for fighting shivers when got into lockup...they are only loud when in group/gang...alone...they are bunch of individual coward...

I agree.

Last time when we all young, do something wrong, parents whack us jialak jialak, go to school, teacher see, ask what happen, if kid confess, teacher will agree parents are right, whack the naughty boy again jialak jialak, or if teacher punish kid, kid go home and tell, parent will punish again one more time, parents and teachers in cooperation. We all grew up this old school way to be civilized people with strong values of whats right and wrong, from white collar doctors to the market butcher.

Face palm.
    i think we need to be harsh to criminals. but don't condemn the yellow ribbon thing. there are genuine conversion. i myself know a couple of ex convict(drug addict),they have change and genuinely working to improve themselves. of course there are some who just won't repent.

and for harsher punishment besides hanging..what do you suggest? electric chair? Same as you, i don't think our law is harsh. it is only harsh when one decides to kill or sell drugs...if you don't do so...even if they use execution style also not our problem. if you decide to do crime, then you cry foul and say it is harsh. i support our system and just hope the ppl running it is fair and wise as well

I don't understand. What's up with the territory thing?

our local paikias... control playground, control basketball court, control lift... can make money meh?

if like those hongkie gangster movies... control nightclub, ktvs, parking valet... can make money.

dunno what our local paikias think.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast