Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Preparation for overseas trip

Default Re: Preparation for overseas trip

Quote Originally Posted by littleda View Post
    First post!

Because I am going to HK soon, I want to practice on my photography skills first. A few questions I want to ask before I start my training (: I will prob be taking on people's expressions (meeting up with my friends)/ portrait shots, sceneries and prob some fun photography (fisheye) when I am over in HK.

1) I have a D90 + 18-105 kit lens, what other lens do you think I can get? I'm thinking to get 35mm/ 50mm/ fisheye or macro (prob 105mm)

2) Any good budget lens for recommendation? (for the above mentioned lens)

3) Any good place in singapore where I can do Street Photography? And capture human expression?

Some response will be appreciated
    Different people have different experiences in street photography in Hong Kong. I can't speak for all, but I can only share mine.

Been to some countries over this year, and HK was the only place where I got told off (once only, actually) when taking photos of people on the streets. Just be polite and mentally prepared when such things happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ahbian View Post
    Different people have different experiences in street photography in Hong Kong. I can't speak for all, but I can only share mine.

Been to some countries over this year, and HK was the only place where I got told off (once only, actually) when taking photos of people on the streets. Just be polite and mentally prepared when such things happen.
    oh my, sounds really scary.. thanks for the update...

HK better use wide angle lens.... you might get lenses over there too.....

As a photo novice, I can't comment on the lenses of course, but as a regular visitor to HK (for personal and work reasons), my experience with HK people is that they have issues with someone taking a photograph of them without permission. The paparazi press there are absolutely brazen (imagine something like STOMP but with no control and printed for all to see!) to do anything for circulation, including taking street photos of people in embarassing situations and then framing a story in a totally different perspective from the actual event. So do exercise caution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12