Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

  1. #1

    Default Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Hi all,

    I'm thinking quite seriously abt getting this tripod setup

    I need some advise on what other compatible brands that are equal?

    I like ballheads that are tension control. it gives more control for adjustments after locking the cam body

    I know alot of ppl are talking abt Sirui, comparing to Benro.

    any Sirui tripod setups that are comparable to this?

    How about Velbon?

    Thanks

  2. #2

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Hi all,

    I'm thinking quite seriously abt getting this tripod setup

    I need some advise on what other compatible brands that are equal?

    I like ballheads that are tension control. it gives more control for adjustments after locking the cam body

    I know alot of ppl are talking abt Sirui, comparing to Benro.

    any Sirui tripod setups that are comparable to this?

    How about Velbon?

    Thanks

    How much is the above set up?

  3. #3

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Will you consider?

    A-2681 + B1 or

    A550Ex + KB0A

  4. #4
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    How much is the above set up?
    I am using the above set up.Costed me $310 from Ben Photo this June...

    But changed the ball-head to the Sirui G20 as it couldn't support the weight of my 70-200.Take note that the last section of the leg is a little thin(Something like the Gitzo 1541T)

    For Sirui,think the N-series suits TS as it also has a removable leg for monopod: http://www.facebook.com/#!/tkfoto?v=app_6009294086
    Last edited by cleonbus; 8th November 2010 at 08:13 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Is A-2681 + B1 better spec than A-0681 + B-00 ?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    I am using the above set up.Costed me $310 from Ben Photo this June...

    But changed the ball-head to the Sirui G20 as it couldn't support the weight of my 70-200.Take note that the last section of the leg is a little thin(Something like the Gitzo 1541T)

    For Sirui,think the N-series suits TS as it also has a removable leg for monopod: http://www.facebook.com/#!/tkfoto?v=app_6009294086

    The Benro B-00 is that weak?? hmmmm..... Now i'm getting worried.... my setup is simple... furthest zoom is now 55-200mm

    So i would assume that Sirui G20 is a better ballhead... how much is it?


    I kind of like A-0681 tripod, coz of its lightweight and folded length... good for travel.


    How much would the Sirui N series cost?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    SamTec, i got lowest quote $290 so far

  8. #8

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    SamTec, i got lowest quote $290 so far

    The model I mentioned is much cheaper & stronger if I am not wrong, Google it.

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    The Benro B-00 is that weak?? hmmmm..... Now i'm getting worried.... my setup is simple... furthest zoom is now 55-200mm

    So i would assume that Sirui G20 is a better ballhead... how much is it?


    I kind of like A-0681 tripod, coz of its lightweight and folded length... good for travel.


    How much would the Sirui N series cost?
    For your current setup it should support your gear.But don't forget about 'future planning' where you might upgrade your body/lens.The prices of Sirui tripods/ballheads are already given in the previous link...

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by SamTac View Post
    Is A-2681 + B1 better spec than A-0681 + B-00 ?
    The A-2681 is a taller/heavier tripod than the A-0681.Same for the ballhead,the B-1 is better than the B-00...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,808

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    The Benro B-00 is that weak?? hmmmm..... Now i'm getting worried.... my setup is simple... furthest zoom is now 55-200mm

    So i would assume that Sirui G20 is a better ballhead... how much is it?


    I kind of like A-0681 tripod, coz of its lightweight and folded length... good for travel.


    How much would the Sirui N series cost?
    For comparison purposes and clarity of thought:

    The Benro A-0681+B-00 is rated to cary a load of 6 kg and weighs 1.3kg. It should be able to withstand a load of 3 kg with peace of mind. The A-2681+B-1 is rated to carry 12 kg and weighs 2kg. So these two tripods are targeted for different markets/occassions.

    A DX dslr + 55-200mm is about 1.5 kg. Most DX cameras plus longish lens will weigh only slightly more than 2 kg. Unless you move into FX, the gear weight will rarely be more than 3 kg.

    As an alternative to the A-0681, take another look at the T-1004/5. About the same weight but higher load rating. You lose the monopod function though.

    Try to buy the tripod and ballhead as a bundle because it will be cheaper than buying seperate brand tripods and ballheads. FYI: A G20 costs $100/= when bought by itself. When bundled with a Sirui tripod, it is $80/=. Such pricing practice is common.
    Last edited by Daoyin; 9th November 2010 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Additional info.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Singapore (West)
    Posts
    690

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    I believe the way each brand rates their load rating differently.. so don't just compare the numbers.. bring ur heaviest set up and test it out before making ur decision..

    Just my 2 cents
    Canon 550D | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6IS | EF 50mm f/1.8II |
    My Humble Flickr

  13. #13

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Thanks guys!!

    Now, i'm more inclined to Sirui, coz of the 6 year warranty and range of models.

    Does TK carry all the models? example T or N series?

    What do the 6 year warranty cover??

  14. #14

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    What's the difference between these 2 ballheads?

    G20
    K10X

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    125'10.16"N 10350'11.01"E
    Posts
    1,052

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    What's the difference between these 2 ballheads?

    G20
    K10X
    http://www.siruiusa.com/ballhead/ballhead.htm

    Improved design I suppose.

  16. #16
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur
    Posts
    7,061

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    Thanks guys!!

    Now, i'm more inclined to Sirui, coz of the 6 year warranty and range of models.

    Does TK carry all the models? example T or N series?

    What do the 6 year warranty cover??
    Those that are listed in the price list should be available....

  17. #17

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    The Benro B-00 is that weak?? hmmmm..... Now i'm getting worried.... my setup is simple... furthest zoom is now 55-200mm

    So i would assume that Sirui G20 is a better ballhead... how much is it?


    I kind of like A-0681 tripod, coz of its lightweight and folded length... good for travel.


    How much would the Sirui N series cost?
    Comparing apple to apple. Benro B-1 and Sirui G20. Both ball diameter are 36mm. I would feel that Benro is smoother. Maybe you can try Sirui KX series ballhead and see if it is better that G20 in the shop before you buy.
    Canon , Pansonic
    flickr

  18. #18

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by cleonbus View Post
    I am using the above set up.Costed me $310 from Ben Photo this June...

    But changed the ball-head to the Sirui G20 as it couldn't support the weight of my 70-200.Take note that the last section of the leg is a little thin(Something like the Gitzo 1541T)

    For Sirui,think the N-series suits TS as it also has a removable leg for monopod: http://www.facebook.com/#!/tkfoto?v=app_6009294086
    Looks like there is a price drop..

  19. #19

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by donut88 View Post
    What's the difference between these 2 ballheads?

    G20
    K10X
    the G20 has 3 knob. 1 to control the panning, 2 to control the tension whereas
    the K10X has 2 knob. 1 for each purpose.

    the K10X is slightly smaller according to the specs given on the sirui web. some picture also suggests that the K series ball head has 3 spirit level instead of 1



    http://www.zssirui.com/en/index.html
    Last edited by chiangkxv; 10th November 2010 at 08:43 AM.

  20. #20
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Benro Tripod A-0681 + head B-00

    Quote Originally Posted by chiangkxv View Post
    the G20 has 3 knob. 1 to control the panning, 2 to control the tension whereas
    the K10X has 2 knob. 1 for each purpose.

    the K10X is slightly smaller according to the specs given on the sirui web. some picture also suggests that the K series ball head has 3 spirit level instead of 1
    The new KX series ball heads are already in TK. The main knob has a ring for you to adjust friction control. So the functions of 3 knobs in the G series ball heads are accomplished by 2 knobs (and a ring).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •