Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D7000 or K5 or 7D or A580

Default Re: D7000 or K5 or 7D or A580

Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    Did you check the DXOMARK sensor rating??

Canon 7D performed badly relative to its peers. 5 years back Canon sensor was the best and because of it, they gained market share because of their proprietary sensor.

now Sony has developed a sensor with a whopping 2 more stops of dynamic range, better high ISO performance, more color depth, I am wondering if canon will still stick with their inferior proprietary sensor when EVERYBODY else is using sony's.
    DXOMARK is a rough guide only and is not very significant in the real world. Photos from Canon cameras will stand up to photos of any brand and vice versa. Perhaps a better site for comparison are the sample photos available at Imaging Resource. There you can compare photos of various brands at different ISO settings and settings.

Quote Originally Posted by raydio View Post
    DXOMARK is a rough guide only and is not very significant in the real world. Photos from Canon cameras will stand up to photos of any brand and vice versa. Perhaps a better site for comparison are the sample photos available at Imaging Resource. There you can compare photos of various brands at different ISO settings and settings.
    I agree 95% of the time you don't need 14eV of DR vs 12eV of DR and cannot tell the difference.

but when you need it, the difference between 2 stops of DR is probably huge. The sample photos usually do not show this effect as you need to push the shadows, and do some photoshop to utilize the 14eVs of DR.

I sometimes wished my shadows when pushed up is not so grainy and has better saturation and a better DR sensor will really help.

your 4 lenses preference seems like catered for Sony (though do not understand why you need 55-200 or 70-300 if you getting 18-250) and going for other brand will cost way more in both body and lenses. estimation of A580(est $1.3-1.4K with the 4 lenses(SAL 35mm $350,Tamron 17-50 $6xx ,SAL 18-250 $799 PWP ,SAL 55-200 $400 ) already hit 3.5K++

but personally will prefer to have D7000 =P perhaps minus away 1 of the 4 lenses?
    Last edited by sagiluck; 9th November 2010 at 09:12 AM.
    My Pixels | a7 | 1635FE Zeiss | MD 50mm f1.4 | MC 35mm f2.8 | MC 50mm f3.5 1:1 Macro |

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12