Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Lenz...

  1. #1

    Question Lenz...

    Hi there folks, just got my Canon G11 a week ago and quite happy with it. Hmmm just want to ask if any G11 owners out there have tried using Lensmate lens adapter before? Thought of getting their adapter for wide angle lens. Hope to hear your comments bout them. Thanks in advance....Cheers

  2. #2
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Lenz...

    Quote Originally Posted by JamBan View Post
    Hi there folks, just got my Canon G11 a week ago and quite happy with it. Hmmm just want to ask if any G11 owners out there have tried using Lensmate lens adapter before? Thought of getting their adapter for wide angle lens. Hope to hear your comments bout them. Thanks in advance....Cheers
    Lensmate only sells the adapter right?

    You need to get a wide angle covertor. I recommend you get a good one like the ones from Fuji Nikon or Canon and not some BS one like vitacon or emolux.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Lenz...

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Lensmate only sells the adapter right?

    You need to get a wide angle covertor. I recommend you get a good one like the ones from Fuji Nikon or Canon and not some BS one like vitacon or emolux.
    Hi daredevil123, yup Lensmate only sells adapters. So are they a good? Thought of getting 3rd party wide angle lens. If im not wrong i can get any lens that fits 58mm rite as Lensmate adapter is 58mm. Plz correct me if im wrong Sir. Thanks again...

  4. #4
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Lenz...

    Quote Originally Posted by JamBan View Post
    Hi daredevil123, yup Lensmate only sells adapters. So are they a good? Thought of getting 3rd party wide angle lens. If im not wrong i can get any lens that fits 58mm rite as Lensmate adapter is 58mm. Plz correct me if im wrong Sir. Thanks again...
    Yes, you can get any conversion lens that fit 58mm... but remember, there are good conversion lenses, and lousy conversion lenses.... all conversion lenses with 58mm thread will fit, but will the Image quality be good? That is another story.

    Lensmate is an adapter only, how good and bad can it be? It is just a metal tube.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    421

    Default Re: Lenz...

    im using lensmate adapter for my Canon S5..
    tough and light and it does its job... no worry
    ~PeaceNoWar~

  6. #6

    Default Re: Lenz...

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Yes, you can get any conversion lens that fit 58mm... but remember, there are good conversion lenses, and lousy conversion lenses.... all conversion lenses with 58mm thread will fit, but will the Image quality be good? That is another story.

    Lensmate is an adapter only, how good and bad can it be? It is just a metal tube.
    Hi daredevil123 what you say is true, it all depends on the conversion lens. I think those BIG names lens maker are good (more expensive) than those i found in ebay and amazon. And also thanks for the comfirmation on 58mm thread dats really helps.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Lenz...

    Quote Originally Posted by intrance View Post
    im using lensmate adapter for my Canon S5..
    tough and light and it does its job... no worry
    Thanks for the insight on Lensmate, think im going to get them for my G11....

  8. #8
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Lenz...

    the important thing is what are you going to get AFTER the lensmate...?
    Might as well wait till you buy the conversion lens first, don't you agree?

    What you're planning to do now is like going to buy a set of sports rims before you actually buy a car
    Exploring! :)

  9. #9

    Default Re: Lenz...

    Quote Originally Posted by ZerocoolAstra View Post
    the important thing is what are you going to get AFTER the lensmate...?
    Might as well wait till you buy the conversion lens first, don't you agree?

    What you're planning to do now is like going to buy a set of sports rims before you actually buy a car
    Hahahaha, what you say is true, its like buying the sport rim then buy the car...

    Im actually searching for wide angle conversion lens which suite my budget, saw some on amazon and might actually give it a try. The BIG names lens are really expensive but i know the picture quality is also good. Maybe i should do more research on the conversion lens....

    Thanks bro....

  10. #10

    Default Re: Lenz...

    i got lensmat knockoffs from ebay. 7 dollar plus shipping. good quality. hehe

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Woodlands
    Posts
    421

    Default Re: Lenz...

    Quote Originally Posted by JamBan View Post
    Hahahaha, what you say is true, its like buying the sport rim then buy the car...

    ....
    I bought the adapter not for wide or tele converter. i coupled it with filter, purely for lens protection. Not forget, u also can fit it with many other filters such as CPL, IR..
    I also used back my old cokin square filters..

    Maybe im paranoid..
    But im no more worry on the lens being damaged by accidental knocking.
    ~PeaceNoWar~

  12. #12
    Senior Member ZerocoolAstra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    rainy Singapore
    Posts
    9,523

    Default Re: Lenz...

    Quote Originally Posted by JamBan View Post
    Hahahaha, what you say is true, its like buying the sport rim then buy the car...

    Im actually searching for wide angle conversion lens which suite my budget, saw some on amazon and might actually give it a try. The BIG names lens are really expensive but i know the picture quality is also good. Maybe i should do more research on the conversion lens....

    Thanks bro....
    but you buy prosumer then buy conversion lens... total expenditure not exactly what you would consider.... LOW.
    If it were me, I'd take a DSLR anyday!
    Total cost still greater la, but I prefer the ergonomics and ease of control.
    Exploring! :)

  13. #13

    Default Re: Lenz...

    i never knew G11 can use conversion
    Follow my tumblr
    Canon 500D Nikon FG 11-16 70-300 100 18-55 35 28-100

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    s'pore
    Posts
    65

    Default Re: Lenz...

    hows the image actually? nice?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •