Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DXO Grades the K5!

Default Re: DXO Grades the K5!

Alamak, at the end of this...we still go out and take picture with our fav cameras.

Lets just have fun lah k.

cheers
    My Flickr iownthislensthatlensthislensthatlens

Quote Originally Posted by ricsal View Post
    Alamak, at the end of this...we still go out and take picture with our fav cameras.

Lets just have fun lah k.

cheers
    HAHAHAH Ya lor...Lets not get too emtional on those review or gradings..(take it with a pinch of salt)...As long as u happy with yours can olredi... Because it will never end

Quote Originally Posted by alantkh View Post
    ?? There is nothing negative about it PROVIDED you KNOW it is being done. If someone buys a k-5 thinking it will give high ISO performance as good as D700, he will be disappointed. Simple as that.
    well, of course la, but the fact is, you are expecting a cheaper camera to perform like something that's more expensive.

i think i'm happy that pentax is going towards FF high iso ground. good in the sense that if the companies that don't run the full-frame/crop-frame game side by side don't do anything about being competitive in CF, it is obvious that there will be deliberate stagnation by those brands. who would want to cannibalise their own profits?

I was just trying to educate someone who did not know about pentax forced NR. TsammyC DID think that the k-5 performs as well as the D700 at high ISOs which is WRONG.
    Unfortunately, like all the others, tsammyc still thinks that the K5 performs as well as the D700 at the high ISOs that he likes to use. tsammyc also used to design integrated circuits, optical and vision systems and has advanced degrees in the field
    Panasonic TZ-110

I would also suggest that D700 owners start saving like mad for the coming D800 (less than 12 months Im told) because if the D800s sensor is anything like the K5's, it will completely obsolete the D700.
    Panasonic TZ-110

The dx0 scores for D7000 is out. It's quite close to k5's scores.

Quote Originally Posted by kengoh View Post
    The dx0 scores for D7000 is out. It's quite close to k5's scores.
    (but lower)

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    (but lower)
    But in high ISO, D7000 is as good as D700, which implies....

Quote Originally Posted by poppyer View Post
    yes meh?

i thought d700 still higher..?

no its not

?? There is nothing negative about it PROVIDED you KNOW it is being done. If someone buys a k-5 thinking it will give high ISO performance as good as D700, he will be disappointed. Simple as that.
    somehow contradicting this
    ..That is a minus is what pentax does, which is forced NR on its raw files for ISO3200 and above.
    in my opinion, the forced NR of K5(and other pentax DSLRs) will be a negative only if it reduces the detail of the image. otherwise, its a good decision for Pentax to use forced NR on high ISOs

Which is why we should not take what is presented by DXO as gospel.
    (I also carefully indicated this when I started the thread )

At the end of the day, its photo o/p that matters.
    It wasn't that long ago that DXO gave Pentax cameras very low ratings, heavily penalized for high noise. But if you looked at the images, the detail retention was better/as good as those who got a better DXO score.

You can also try to look over the samples of the D7K and D700 on Imaging Resource.
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM
    IMO, D700 o/p is still better than D7k. Not as much at ISO6400, but more obvious from 12800.
    I won't post the exact photo links here, since this is a Pentax forum

that said, now the people who previously kept silent about dxomark when it favoured their brands, are now out in full force about dirty tricks that you can do to increase DR, blah blah blah, blah blah blah. funny how they don't mention the same thing in the past.

quite an amusing show to watch..........

...or if a monkey had been running around inside the sensor painting a picture instead of the camera doing it. what i care about is whether the results are usable, instead of sitting around to quibble about what was done, what was not, or whether a monkey had shat out what i see in front of me, instead of the camera.
    LOLOLOL! This portion of your earlier post made my day!! I'll visit these forums more regularly if you continue using this humorous writing style!

that said, now the people who previously kept silent about dxomark when it favoured their brands, are now out in full force about dirty tricks that you can do to increase DR, blah blah blah, blah blah blah. funny how they don't mention the same thing in the past.

I thought the other brand also played dirty trick by increasing ISO without photographer's knowledge

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/es...acturers.shtml

yes meh?

i thought d700 still higher..?
    the two lines intersect somewhere around ISO12800, if you believe dxo's mark lah

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Which is why we should not take what is presented by DXO as gospel.
    (I also carefully indicated this when I started the thread )

At the end of the day, its photo o/p that matters.
    It wasn't that long ago that DXO gave Pentax cameras very low ratings, heavily penalized for high noise. But if you looked at the images, the detail retention was better/as good as those who got a better DXO score.

You can also try to look over the samples of the D7K and D700 on Imaging Resource.
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/IMCOMP/COMPS01.HTM
    IMO, D700 o/p is still better than D7k. Not as much at ISO6400, but more obvious from 12800.
    I won't post the exact photo links here, since this is a Pentax forum
    But that is because camera rating ISO6400 are not the real 6400, and different cameras are different, so not directly comparable mah. (by dxo's words)

But that is because camera rating ISO6400 are not the real 6400, and different cameras are different, so not directly comparable mah. (by dxo's words)
    They are not exact but its not that far between them. eg. ISO 1600 (Camera A : ISO1550; Camera B : ISO 1530 )
    It not about ISO6400 on one vs ISO3200 on the other.

Eg.

Ha..ha.. I think this is being played out now on various forums.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    They are not exact but its not that far between them. eg. ISO 1600 (Camera A : ISO1550; Camera B : ISO 1530 )
    It not about ISO6400 on one vs ISO3200 on the other.
    It could be much larger if you compare 7D with GH1 for example.

And even in general case I think is larger then 1550 vs 1530, in my mind is like 1550 vs 1400.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast