Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: 1st Photo -

  1. #21
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 1st Photo - Cool Grandpa

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninon View Post
    I think the original colour looks nicer. May be it gives a happier/warmer mood
    i dunno. i like the contrast from bnw. too much of a color cast just doesnt work for me

  2. #22
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i dunno. i like the contrast from bnw. too much of a color cast just doesnt work for me
    I prefer the color version.

    It is not that I don't like B&W, but this conversion is not done right IMHO.

  3. #23
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I prefer the color version.

    It is not that I don't like B&W, but this conversion is not done right IMHO.
    still learning u might wanna try ur hand at converting this. i didnt do it properly i admit. took me a min with adjustments only

  4. #24
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,626
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    still learning u might wanna try ur hand at converting this. i didnt do it properly i admit. took me a min with adjustments only
    I won't do it unless the owner of the pic asks me to. Cannot anyhow convert their pic.

  5. #25
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    I won't do it unless the owner of the pic asks me to. Cannot anyhow convert their pic.
    Wont object to a chance to learn something Daredevil - Please go ahead if and only if you can find the time (know you are busy with another impt matter).

    Show me that I should not leave it as a Monochromatic image

  6. #26
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: 1st Photo - Time Lines

    Since we are on the subject of B/W Attached is one of my pictures that I feel may work well with B/W.

    Titled - Time Lines

    critique: didn't get a chance to catch the life in her eyes due to the shadows Your Comments
    ?
    Last edited by ClemC; 19th November 2010 at 09:46 AM.

  7. #27
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 1st Photo - Time Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by ClemC View Post
    Since we are on the subject of B/W Attached is one of my pictures that I feel may work well with B/W.

    Titled - Time Lines

    critique: didn't get a chance to catch the life in her eyes due to the shadows Your Comments
    ?
    black and white seems to always look good on wrinkled ppl

  8. #28
    Member ClemC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Within myself
    Posts
    721

    Default Re: 1st Photo - Time Lines

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    black and white seems to always look good on wrinkled ppl
    Allenleonhart - U talking about ME! .. Seriously, wrinkled elders are a good subject to learn B/W techniques.. which is why I did it and which is also why I said I'm not ready for B/W yet.

    Wonder if anyone noticed the blending of two techniques in my image Dont know if it is noticeable to most viewers or just a waste of time on my side..
    Last edited by ClemC; 19th November 2010 at 12:31 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •