Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 99

Thread: ClubSNAP Photography Contest

  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Does anyone else feels the same way?

    We structured this contest along the lines that the themes are fairly simple to shoot on a day-to-day basis, but gave enough interpretive leeway to allow for those who plan their shoot more elaborately.

    Given that we are all (more or less) on digital today, the time needed to take images and improve is drastically shortened, thus we felt that two weeks was ample time.

    But .. if members feel that two weeks per theme is too short, we can cut out one of the themes but still make the contest a 6-week contest, thus allowing 3 weeks per theme.
    Thanks for explanation. I think no need to cut out any theme, but possibly reduce the intervals to one week each. So there will be 3 weeks at least for preparation. It should be enough.

  2. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    East Side
    Posts
    29

    Default

    erm...what about film?

  3. #23

    Default Juz a suggestion

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Given that we are all (more or less) on digital today, the time needed to take images and improve is drastically shortened, thus we felt that two weeks was ample time.

    But .. if members feel that two weeks per theme is too short, we can cut out one of the themes but still make the contest a 6-week contest, thus allowing 3 weeks per theme.
    To encourage participations, and since all the 3 themes are made know, I would suggest having a month to submit photo for the 1st theme and 1 week interval after that to submit photo for the 2nd and 3rd themes. During the 1st month, CSers can also shoot and have ready photos for the next 2 themes. Juz my humble suggestion.

  4. #24

    Default

    How do you ensure moderators' impartiality when they see names that remind them of unpleasant events? Wouldn't it be better if entries are submitted anynomously first and then the winners asked for original files or negatives later on for verification?

  5. #25
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,493
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Minoxman
    How do you ensure moderators' impartiality when they see names that remind them of unpleasant events? Wouldn't it be better if entries are submitted anynomously first and then the winners asked for original files or negatives later on for verification?
    Only ClubSNAP Admins will have access to the email account that received the entries. When the images are posted up for viewing, only the image title and description will be revealed.

  6. #26

    Default

    Cool.
    Now about the Markin...

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Only ClubSNAP Admins will have access to the email account that received the entries. When the images are posted up for viewing, only the image title and description will be revealed.

    Since the competition format is set, we should respect the organiser and stick to it.

    As for fairness, again we have to trust the moderators. There is no 100% fairness in all aspect. Someone will sure to have complaints in some areas. If its open to the public, make things transparent, it should be fine.

    (Unlike some organisation if you noticed, when big money involved, only a particular person will win when the judging is close door.)

    Darran, you have my vote.

  8. #28

    Default

    Darren, I am interested in going out to shoot for the theme, but like some members, I feel the time is too tight for 3 themes. For those who already have photos inside their computer, then easier.

    By the way, don't quite understand the 3rd theme: Dreamscapes. Is it "landscape/scenery photo that feel very nice/dreamy/heavenly"?
    DR KOH KHO KING

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Does anyone else feels the same way?

    We structured this contest along the lines that the themes are fairly simple to shoot on a day-to-day basis, but gave enough interpretive leeway to allow for those who plan their shoot more elaborately.

    Given that we are all (more or less) on digital today, the time needed to take images and improve is drastically shortened, thus we felt that two weeks was ample time.

    But .. if members feel that two weeks per theme is too short, we can cut out one of the themes but still make the contest a 6-week contest, thus allowing 3 weeks per theme.
    yes I feel the deadline's too tight. I am working during rush hours and can't bring my camera to work. How to shoot? Guess I have to say bye bye to my chance in this.

  10. #30
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,493
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Contest deadlines and periods extended

    We do listen to your feedback thus, by popular demand, the contest deadlines and period has been extended as follows :-

    Contest Details
    1. Contest will run for 8 weeks starting from 14th June to 8th August 2004, and will be divided into bi-weekly themes.
    • Planning period :: June 14th - June 28th
    • Submissions for Theme 1 :: Rush Hour :: June 28th - July 11th
    • Submissions for Theme 2 :: Movement :: July 12th - July 25th
    • Submissions for Theme 3 :: Dreamscapes :: July 26th - August 8th


    Judging will be ongoing at all stages (but obviously we will not be revealing the interim scores) and we will announce the winner at or around August 15th.

  11. #31

  12. #32

  13. #33

    Default

    so where do we send our works to??? film ??

  14. #34
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,493
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    so where do we send our works to??? film ??
    We are only accepting entries via email so if you are a film user, get the image scanned and send it to us at the following address - contest_at_clubsnap.org (replace _at_ with @ )

  15. #35

    Default

    hmmmm....ok roger...but if we state tt it is film....will it be taken into consideration..like
    "ya this is film...photo's ok....perhaps tis is a scanning prob" lydat ..coz sometimes scanning is not perfect ya.....

  16. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Singapore - Indonesia
    Posts
    252

    Default

    haha... good..

  17. #37
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,493
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    hmmmm....ok roger...but if we state tt it is film....will it be taken into consideration..like
    "ya this is film...photo's ok....perhaps tis is a scanning prob" lydat ..coz sometimes scanning is not perfect ya.....
    I can safely say that if the scanning is not satisfactorily done by the photo-shop then you can ask them to re-scan for you.

    If you are doing your own scans, there shouldn't be any reason why the scan cannot be as good as the original slide/negative.

  18. #38
    ClubSNAP Admin Darren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    8,493
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Reminder: Images for the first theme can be submitted next week.

  19. #39

    Default

    Darren, what does it mean by the theme "dreamscape"....????
    Me very not sure......

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder_Web
    Darren, what does it mean by the theme "dreamscape"....????
    Me very not sure......

    Heheh.... that's part of the contest too.



Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •