We are extremely pleased to announce a Photography Contest open to all registered members. Please read on for more details.
1. Contest will run for 6 weeks starting from 14th June to 8th August 2004, and will be divided into bi-weekly themes for submission purposes.
- Theme 1 :: Rush Hour :: June 28th - July 11th
- Theme 2 :: Movement :: July 12th - July 25th
- Theme 3 :: Dreamscapes :: July 26th - August 8th
2. Members can submit ONE image per theme via email to contest_at_clubsnap.org (replace _at_ with @). Max Image Dimensions are 700 x 500 pixels and less than 100KB in size. We will be tracking entries by the member's real name, and will automatically disqualify any member attempting to enter with multiple names/nicks.
2.1 Entries for each theme must be received no later than midnight on the last day of the theme (eg. Rush Hour entries by midnight July 11th; Movement entries by midnight July 25th; Dreamscape entries by midnight August 8th) according to date/time stamp of email.
2.2. Each entry to include the following:-
- Name (required)
- Member Nick (required)
- Title of Image (required)
- Brief description/narrative (not more than 50 words) (optional)
3. Entries will be posted as they are received by the ClubSNAP Admins in charge of the contest_at_clubsnap.org (replace _at_ with @) email account (only the image, the title and description will be posted - the identity of the member who entered will not be revealed).
4. Moderators will be the judges for this Contest, and points will be awarded to each entry. Points will be awarded according to the following:-
- Visual/Emotive Impact
- Technical Competence
5. The winner will be the member with the highest total number of points at the end of the Contest and will receive :-
The PRIZE! - A Markins M1Q Ballhead worth S$425!!
Notes and Advise
1. As this is a PHOTOGRAPHY contest, some amount of post-processing (eg. color balance, brightness/contrast, sharpening) is allowable, but any image submitted which is evidently heavily post-processed (eg false colors, montages, collages, etc.) will be disqualified or marked down at the judges discretion.
2. All images remain copyright of the photographer and permission will be sought from owner for future publication of images.
3. Terms, conditions and rules/regulations may change, but we will give members ample notice if they do.
Updated 23rd June - revised email address to prevent spam in mailbox