Thread: Warranty and servicing for Pentax?

Default Warranty and servicing for Pentax?

Any experts would like to share about the above?

I read that Nikon/ Canon has servicing center in Singapore and I think they are able to do some repairs or setting help if need to. Maybe a few hours, maybe on the spot or a few days...

Is there a service/support center like this for Pentax in Singapore?

I cant imagine if I end up with a faulty camera in 2 months and have to wait another 2 months for it to be sent away for repairs only to discover it is a minor 30min job....

I am asking because I am poison by the K-5 virus. Just want to consider this before I decide.
    I probably will stick to this camera for at least 3 yrs.. I am worried about unnecesary downtime and possible poor resale value due to lack of support.......

Default Re: Warranty and servicing for Pentax?

Quote Originally Posted by yappiez View Post
    Any experts would like to share about the above?

I read that Nikon/ Canon has servicing center in Singapore and I think they are able to do some repairs or setting help if need to. Maybe a few hours, maybe on the spot or a few days...

Is there a service/support center like this for Pentax in Singapore?

I cant imagine if I end up with a faulty camera in 2 months and have to wait another 2 months for it to be sent away for repairs only to discover it is a minor 30min job....

I am asking because I am poison by the K-5 virus. Just want to consider this before I decide.
    I probably will stick to this camera for at least 3 yrs.. I am worried about unnecesary downtime and possible poor resale value due to lack of support.......

For service and repair enquiries of your electronic equipment, contact the Emjay Customer Care department:
    Emjay Enterprises Customer Care Centre
    111, North Bridge Road
    #02-62A, Peninsula Plaza
    Singapore 179098
    Telephone: +65 6338 6313
    Fax: +65 6338 4709
    Email: service@emjay.com.sg
    Operating Hours: Monday to Fridays; 11.00 AM to 2.00 PM, 3.00 PM to 6.00PM

Source: http://www.emjay.com.sg/index.php?op...d=47&Itemid=56

Just look for Kelvin if you have a problem. friendly guy, knows his stuff... minor issues, of course he'll try to settle for you ASAP.

major issues that requires stuff to be sent overseas, he'll be up-front with you also.

i've never had to send my camera in before though...

imo, u worry too much. just get the camera u like and spend more time shooting
    Last edited by detritus; 5th November 2010 at 09:50 AM.

Default Re: Warranty and servicing for Pentax?

totally agree, kelvin is a great guy.
    Pentax K-x, Pentax Super A, Tamron 17-50 f2.8, Tamron AF70-300mm, Pentax-M 50mm f1.7