Thread: Any software to filter photos ?

Default Any software to filter photos ?

Maybe I am asking too much.

Here is what I want a software to do.

I have 20000 photos taken over last few years. All these photos are in hard disk. I want a software to scan through every photo and list potentially out of focus, underexposed photos.

Is there any software that can do it ? Then I can go through the list of problem photos only and decide to delete / keep it .

Default Re: Any software to filter photos ?

Out of focus and underexposed? That'll be tough. After all, what if the blur is deliberate? What if teh underexposure is deliberate, as a low-key shot? Or if it's a nighttime/evening shot with many dark areas? Or an indoor shot?

Software that can detect what is underexposed accidentally would need quite a good AI algorithm. You could make good money if you can code like that.

Pasir Ris

Be more critical when you download from your cam. Remove things that don't impress you any longer. Keep only really good images.

Punggol, Singapore

I doubt there will be such software, usually such photos will be delete right away, won't even able to make it to the computer.

I recommend you to use a image viewing software able to flag or label the keeper images, after transfer them to a safe place, just delete the rest of the photos. in this way will be much easier, faster and you don't need to waste any more effort on the bad images.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot | iStock portfolio