Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photography (& its challenges?)

Default Re: Photography (& its challenges?)

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Trust me. I can make it hunt in many situations.

Try 2cm, that is one. LOL... or aim a blank white wall.
    Hmm... I really wanna find out when the IS lens will fail...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arikyeo View Post
    Hmm... I really wanna find out when the IS lens will fail...
    It is not the lens fail... but the AF will be unable to get a lock... and will hunt for 5 secs and more...

If only you understand how AF works, you might not say the nonsense you where saying about the AF on nikon kit lens.

But like they say, ignorance is bliss... maybe? so you can still live in your dream that canon is the only brand of camera that works properly

It is not the lens fail... but the AF will be unable to get a lock... and will hunt for 5 secs and more...

If only you understand how AF works, you might not say the nonsense you where saying about the AF on nikon kit lens.

But like they say, ignorance is bliss... maybe? so you can still live in your dream that canon is the only brand of camera that works properly
    Hmm... Ignorance is bliss... Nah I'll step out of my bliss and know more about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arikyeo View Post
    Hmm... Ignorance is bliss... Nah I'll step out of my bliss and know more about it.
    Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by mikepy View Post
    Hi.
    I've a entry-level DSLR with me for a few months and I really like photography.
    However, I feel that I'm not doing justice to my camera due to the lousy shots I get out from my camera. Any advice?
    Yes, forget this nonsense of 'doing justice to the camera'. You don't own the camera anything. It's a tool for a past time activity which you chose because of interest, right?. Or does a cycler owns something to his bicycle? Find out why you like to take pictures and follow this idea. Don't put any pressure onto yourself to achieve something in a certain point in time or whatnot. There are many people buying high end cameras and doing nothing but snapshots. Nobody is obliged to become Ansel Adams just because he/she uses a camera. Relax

Well basically over these couple of months I've been taking RAW + L.. and those poorly taken photos are eating up a lot of memory on my computer, so I cannot afford that!! everytime I go back to those I thought were initially nice photos, I'll defintely find some fault with them.... Haha is there anyway to take RAW + S or something? X_X
    Delete whatever is crap. Be sharp in critics, remove everything that is not a real keeper but keep in mind what went wrong. Do it better next time. Why RAW+L? Either you need RAW for post processing or L is enough. But according your questions about PP I guess you can skip RAW.
    The question about how much PP is age old and repeatedly discussed here. Answer is: use as much PP as necessary to achieve the picture you want. Naturally, HDR will need more PP than a simple daylight landscape pic. It doesn't matter. If you are happy with the image straight from cam so be it, if you spend 3 days doing PP to get what you want - also fine.
    Does good photography depend on natural/coincident arrangement of things, or does the photographer actually need to shift things to get good shots?
    Can studio photographer depend on coincidence? Can a street photographer make arrangements? Can a nature photographer remove trees? Can a wedding be fully arranged without any coincidence or sudden unexpected events? Hope these questions give you some pointers to think about.
    Learn the basics of light, composition, camera technology and techniques. Try to use it, put efforts into the pictures you take. As others have mentioned: the difference is the thinking process before you press the shutter button.
    EOS

Hi.
    I've a entry-level DSLR with me for a few months and I really like photography.
    However, I feel that I'm not doing justice to my camera due to the lousy shots I get out from my camera.
    Any advice?

Hmms... I understand that photography is a form of art and I cannot expect to be shooting brilliant photos overnight.
    Hi Bro, I may not be a very good photographer as compared to the other. But at least I can tell you how i've been through quite a couple of years of photography. It all takes trails & errors to get a perfect shot. For the start, just shoot what you think is nice & slowly improve on it as you see your shots on the big screen in details. You'll be surprised that my very lousy shot years before was my "Best" shot.

It takes practice in terms of shooting more & learning as you go. & when ever you get lousy shots, don't blame the camera. It not about your equipment but the person who is making those images with the camera. Take daredevil123's pictures as example.
    Last edited by antotsang; 5th November 2010 at 03:20 PM.

Hi TS,

I also have my 1st DSLR with me for about 3 months now with only 18-55 kit lens. Even thou alot of times photo produced are "lousy", i just keep shooting until i get the photo i wan. Alot of time when i preview the taken photo thru the LCD, it appears fine but when showing on the computer is another story and had to use PS to do abit of PP on it.

But then i still find the kit lens a very good lens. (I always tot, Dam! kit lens are so stupid to bring out until i realize how good they are, and i'm a happy user of kit lens.)

Like what they always say, practice makes perfect, so just keep shooting and learn the way thru! I'm learning now too hoping to achive good photo with just my 18-55 >.<
    Last edited by xxrenxx; 6th November 2010 at 02:25 PM.
    Nikon D7000 ~ my louya Flickr >.<

Don't blame the equipment if your skills suck eggs.
    Ouch! Always can rely on bro D123 to tell the whole truth & nothin but the truth. The truth hurts but it can make you change for the better.

If you carry the right attitute to learn & aspire to be better then you are on your way there to great photography.
    Photography? It's all in your mind...

Anyway for starters if your photos are too soft, it's likely that your holding technique is not good. Try tucking in your elbows and hold your breath and squeeze your shutter. Best to find something to brace yourself against, such as a ledge or a table.

If your composition sucks go for rule of thirds and see the gallery to have an idea of how other photographers see a subject.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12