Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Advice on MACRO Lense???

Default Re: Advice on MACRO Lense???

Quote Originally Posted by Nmadness View Post
    Erm.... I m still newbie in macro photography, currently i got 105VR F2.8. now i thinking to get Raynox DCR-250, not sure whether the combination works well together or not ?
    Heard there also Raynox DCR-150 too, not sure which to get?

I interested to take some still object plus sometime insects, flower etc...
    btw do i need a extension tube too? Thanks.
    A macro lens is enough for most of the applications, you may want to consider a TC if you want a higher magnification. Btw, do you have an external flash? You'll want one.

Next up, practise FIRST. Keep shooting and learn how your lens work.

Also you may want to consider getting a GOOD tripod and mebbe a macro sliding rail.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Hi, Nmadness. Are you ***? If the lens you mentioned is the VR105 F2.8 ED micro Nikkor, its close focus is 1 foot and working distance is 6 inches at 1:1 ratio. What on earth do you need a Raynox for? It is unnecessary and will lower the quality of the image.
    What's wrong with stacking just a Raynox 250DCR? Though with extension tubes, you can also achieve greater magnifications but Raynox serves the same purpose and is more convenient when you want to remove.

I use the Raynox 250 DCR with my Canon 100mm macro as well and IQ is still pretty good to me.

Just some examples below:

SGCamerastore is selling the one with autofocus ext tube for $95. Planning to get it and see if it can work with my 135 f2L or even 300 F4L LOL.

Anyone used that af extension tube before might want to share their experience?

Quote Originally Posted by gundamseed84 View Post
    SGCamerastore is selling the one with autofocus ext tube for $95. Planning to get it and see if it can work with my 135 f2L or even 300 F4L LOL.

Anyone used that af extension tube before might want to share their experience?
    Not all ext tubes will work with AF. You better take you camera and lens down to test before buying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12